SASS Wire Forum

Manly Smells....

Okay, time's running short for buying stocking stuffers...

Thinking of ideas for the Kid, and was pondering "smelly stuff."

Any favorites or suggestions in the way of after shave, colognes, or whatever...? :)

I've no idea what would appeal to younger folks (he's 24), and it's been a BUNCH of years since I last bought a bottle of Old Spice! :P

My 24 year old like anything from Axe.

Polo black cologne too.

He won't go near my Old Spice.

Oh... a 27 year old youngster I work with says the ladies really like L'homme men's cologne.

I ain't got no idee whar to find that purdy smellin' stuff neither.

Been using Captain's Choice Bay Rum after shave for years, but whenever my daughter is going to be around I have to switch to Pinaud's Clubman After Shave. To quote her, she says that is a manly smell.

As far as cologne, Blue by Chanel. To me it reminds me of Christmas. But, it is preicey as heck!

Hardpan Curmudgeon, my favorite thing to get in the stocking has always been jerky. My boy gets his favorite every year and would be sorely dissappointed if he didn't get it.

Mrs. Doc always buys me cologne by John Varvatos. It is expensive, though, so I wear it for her, and Old Spice the rest of the time.

I still recall reading the best rationale for a guy wearing Old Spice:

The downside: You'll smell like your father.

The upside: You'll smell like her father.

Now, mileage may vary on that, depending, but it is food for thought.

Canoe used to get me in trouble :huh::lol::blush:

Yup! That and British Sterling.

Canoe used to get me in trouble :huh::lol::blush:

When I was in college the guy across the hall had a girl friend who worked for the company that made that crap, we used it as parts cleaner.

My room mate my freshman year wore so much English Leather that a year after he moved out I could still smell it in the room.

Or, get him a straight razor, shaving mug, strop, soap, and shaving brush.

That was LAST Christmas, Joe... :)

Most male colognes give me the intense sensation of needing to gag.

English Leather and Brut. Always felt that Hoppe's and nitro methane fuel had a more manly smell. There were some girls that wore Hai Karate, but those were girls that you did not take home to meet mother.

Clubman: LOL. I remember that from my uncle's barber shop in the 1970's. Even today, smelling it brings back images of the discolored linoleum floors, travel posters on the walls, an old TV showing whatever sport was in season, the koken barber chairs with the cracked red leather, and the sound of my uncle honing his straight razor on the leather strop hanging from the chair.

Old Spice: Definitely the thing to give to a boy so he smells like his Dad or Granddad. It's cheaper than condoms. Enough said.

My nephews prefer anything that says "Axe" on the label.

My sweet girl I loved very much, liked my cologne. Her mom pulled me aside and told me I couldn't see her again if I brought her daughter back home again smelling like me. Don't remember which cologne that was, but I stopped wearing cologne with her.

Check out St. Charles Shave. I love and my wife loves Dagger. They stopped making the cologne but the after shave milk and splashes are still available. Here is what it says.

http://www.saintcharlesshave.com/aftershave.asp

'Dagger' is a dynamic blend of Lemon, Bergamot, Lavender, Sage, Sandalwood, Tobacco and Cedar. Dagger Aftershave Splash will cool, soothe and moisturize. A light non-greasy formula that dries quickly. Shake a few drops in palm, rub hands together and massage into beard area.

Apply sparingly. 4 OZ.-(120ML.) $13.00

(Recommended for normal to oily skin)

Very manly.

Not cologne but a pretty good stocking stuffer with a pleasant scent. Cleans dang good too. They have 4 kinds. Lasts a long time too. Not like those girly soaps. From Duluth Trading.

ezvMNF.jpg

HAHAHAHAHAHA, I should buy some stock in the Duluth Trading Co.

I really enjoy their ads.

I like their shirts. Haven't tried their Bare Nekkid underwear though.

Okay, time's running short for buying stocking stuffers...

Thinking of ideas for the Kid, and was pondering "smelly stuff."

Any favorites or suggestions in the way of after shave, colognes, or whatever...? :)

I've no idea what would appeal to younger folks (he's 24), and it's been a BUNCH of years since I last bought a bottle of Old Spice! :P

Just a small word of advice from the fairer gender, you might be better off getting him some nice smelling soap at some place like Bath and Body Works, {Yes they do sell items for men} instead of cologne. Fragrances are very personal things. Most of the scents out now make most people gag. A clean smelling soap like a Mahogany or Ocean are much more subtle.

I have a beard so I use this beard oil called Penhaligons of London sartorial beard oil, it smells so good I use nothing else.....Check it out! Smells like what you wanna smell like! (women constantly compliment me on it every time I wear it!) Old Spice was what my pops wore back in the day, hell I started out wearing the stuff!

Archived