SASS Wire Forum

I Could Really Use The Prayer Posse's Help Again (UPDATE - Post #1)

Bama Red

Folks, I'm asking for help again, but not for me this time. My Bride of thirty-two years was unexpectedly admitted to the hospital yesterday due to heart failure. Her cardiologist seems to think the culprit may be hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, which is a general thickening of the heart muscle, causing the heart to be sluggish and unable to beat properly.

She's still in the "poked, stuck and prodded" stage with lots more tests to be run. Any spare prayers or good thoughts you could send on her behalf would be most welcome. Thanks, Pards!

UPDATE: This is one of those "good news/bad news" updates. Carole is home from the hospital after being there since last Thursday. Her congestive heart failure can be controlled with diet, medications and fluid intake control. She'll be attending a heart failure clinic every Friday morning at the hospital where they can keep an eye on electrolyte levels, weight, blood pressure and so on. That's the good news.

The bad news is that she had been complaining of a pain in her forehead which only lasted a few seconds. So, while they were giving her an MRI on her heart, they decided to do her head also. Turns out she has an aneurysm on her brain. The neurologist and neuro surgeon agree that the aneurysm is too small to require surgery at this point and will treat it with "watchful waiting", drugs and diet.

Thanks for all your prayers and good thoughts, Pards.

Lord, we beg that you give the Drs wisdom, most of all Lord I would beg that you touch her body and make it whole again, please Lord...

Knees in the carpet, face to the ceiling!

Bet your bottom dollar I'll stand up on my Prayer Bones for your missus!

Prayers up for a complete healing for your wife and for comfort for you and her and the family and friends.

You got 'em Brother!!

Update - Post #1

I know things can go either way, Col., but that's just the kinda thing I like to hear and I'll pass it on to Miss Carole.

Just read your update.

Still standing up on my Prayer Bones for the both of you!

Archived