SASS Wire Forum

Why do we have "secret societies" on this board?

Stumbling Bear

Not new to SASS, but fairly new to the Wire, so excuse my ignorance about some things I see here that kinda concern me. To the point, why is it that there exists a seemingly "clandestine nature" that prevents most of us from knowing what's going on in certain privileged forums like the Territorial Governors and the RO III forum areas. I'm not saying that those of us who ain't a TG or RO III need to be able to contribute our drivel to the stuff going on there, but a "read-only" capability for the general population on this forum so we can at least see what they're up to sure would be nice. Seems that they have more secrets and hidden agendas here than the NSA. My daddy always taught me that "If what you're doing can't stand the light of day, then maybe you ought not be doing it." Not intending to conjure up a brush fire or political debate here, just curious about the supposed need for secrecy. Just what exactly goes on behind those "closed doors" so to speak that we aren't allowed to see. Are we not worthy of being informed of current issues and what's in the wind? After all, we are the ones "paying the freight" here by supporting SASS. "Nuff said, just my two cents worth. I'll probably catch an earful here, but so be it. I opened this can of worms, so I'll take what lambasting I get for attempting to gore an apparent sacred cow.

OK Pards! I give up! Thanks to Miss Allie and those pards who gave good insight and reasons. I just had what I thought was a simple straight-forward question, but like a pack of wild dogs and wanna-be comedians, I see that a simple question meets primarily with abusive and non-productive responses by and large. My sincere thanks to all of you who answered my question in a reasonable fashion, and yes, now it makes sense. The rest of you wiseapples can take your sarcasm and venom and put it where, well, you know where...

Might be a long time till I post anything else here if this is the "cowboy way"...

Dear Stumbling Bear,

Please don't give up on the Wire!

It seemed that you knew what might happen when you stated, " I'll probably catch an earful here, but so be it. I opened this can of worms, so I'll take what lambasting I get for attempting to gore an apparent sacred cow."

I think your comment "If what you're doing can't stand the light of day, then maybe you ought not be doing it." & my previous quote might have led to some of the " sarcasm and venom," which may have been replying in kind to your initial post. :unsure:

Regards,

Allie Mo

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

+1

My TG is very good about making current topics of discussion known to the club and gets input to take back to the other TGs.

Sounds like you got a good one.

That's the way it should be.

OK Pards! I give up! Thanks to Miss Allie and those pards who gave good insight and reasons. I just had what I thought was a simple straight-forward question, but like a pack of wild dogs and wanna-be comedians, I see that a simple question meets primarily with abusive and non-productive responses by and large. My sincere thanks to all of you who answered my question in a reasonable fashion, and yes, now it makes sense. The rest of you wiseapples can take your sarcasm and venom and put it where, well, you know where...

Might be a long time till I post anything else here if this is the "cowboy way"...

WOW. A little thin skinned.

Like with any conversation with a group of people. You are going to get mixed conversation.

Some will just answer it. Some will joke, some will poke fun.

Always love it when they throw out the Cowboy Way thing.

Ever been around a bunch of real cowboys. You want to talk about being hard on each other.

That's funny Yul, I am making 3 different kinds of sausage right now :lol::lol: so I do know whats in them

No cats or dogs I hope.

One thing is for sure on the wahr a high percentage of respondents aren't gonna give ya a straight forward answer and there are a huge number of wise apples practicing the so called cowboy way. IMHO of course.

Sometimes ya gotta be prepared to accept answers however they come - I have had my fill of dealing with responses to my inquiries(and still do)...you did say "I'll probably catch an earful here, but so be it. I opened this can of worms, so I'll take what lambasting I get for attempting to gore an apparent sacred cow."

Small hint: The SASS ain't the Wire and the Wire ain't SASS... ;)

GG ~ :FlagAm:

No cats or dogs I hope.

No to had to catch and I am to lazy to chase them :lol::lol::lol:

OK, I'm done here....

Why you done?? just a bunch of clowns here, having some fun, don't take it personal.

I hear you Al, if I took my ball and went home ever time somebody gave me a hard time, I would never leave the house. Plus if I don't get my balls busted atleast 6 or 7 times in the first 5 minutes of a conversation I would think they were mad at me!

Not new to SASS, but fairly new to the Wire, so excuse my ignorance about some things I see here that kinda concern me. <SNIP>

I opened this can of worms, so I'll take what lambasting I get for attempting to gore an apparent sacred cow.

Do you worry about why they put doors on bathroom stalls?

Spend your time and energy and volunteer to be part of those 'secret' societies and you too can know the secret handshake . . . .

I hear you Al, if I took my ball and went home ever time somebody gave me a hard time, I would never leave the house. Plus if I don't get my balls busted at least 6 or 7 times in the first 5 minutes of a conversation I would think they were mad at me!

I wonder how the women feel....they can't...well you know...cuz they don't have none ;):lol: :lol:

Oh do grow up - you started by asking questions in a very accusatory manner, implying all kinds of potentially negative motives and bad behavior,

couched in the 'reasonable' logic of asking people to defend their need for privacy, and then complain when people call you on it or point out that

it's nothing interesting, just folks working on stuff without the need for looky loo's and shoulder browsers . . . .

You accuse folks of having more secrets and hidden agendas than the NSA.

You impugn the honor of the folks who volunteer by saying that they think of "us' as unworthy.

You quote your daddy as a reason to say that if folks won't tell you what they're doing it must be nefarious . . .

You claim a right because you think you're paying the freight? Hello - those volunteers don't get paid.

Let me get this straight, you walk in with guns blazing making a lot of stupid comments and then wonder about the cowboy way . . .

As the Phantom would say... Oy!

SC

p.s. - I don't go to those forums, but I ride for the brand.

Haven't read all the replies, but if you want the combination to the secret societies send $19.95 and two Coke caps. In return you will receive a secret decoder ring that has the combination to unlock the forums. If you are interested in the Merwin Hubert pistols please send a $2000 down payment to be added to the list. We hope to ship out the first batch in early fall ;) . Good Luck :)

Jefro :ph34r: Relax-Enjoy

Golly Jeepers, I find it incredible & B) how many people are quoting Phantom lately, :o especially when he...Oh, never mind. ;)

It's because of the Phantom Secret Society Club...........I thought you were a member......OY. :ph34r:

There's a secret society over in that Saloon that hangs out in tha drivel threads...buy us enuff drinks and we'll let ya hang out wit us..... ;):D

Might be a long time till I post anything else here...........

That's probably for the best because we like to act like friends around here. If you stick around SASS long enough you'll find a gigantic group of incredibly friendly people who like to have fun, whether that be at a match, here on the Wire or any other activity. Yes, serious topics get discussed but, that doesn't mean we have to act like mourners at a funeral while doing so. So in the words of the immortal Sergeant Hulka, "Lighten up, Francis."

When I was still working I was a member of a lot of private email lists. Many subjects on those lists needed to be resolved and everyone in step before some decisions were made public. Every layer of management had their own lists.

Some really controversial stuff never happened so why stir the pot by making everything public. I don't see much difference here.

Golly Jeepers, I find it incredible & B) how many people are quoting Phantom lately, :o especially when he...Oh, never mind. ;)

Only in America can a feller becomes notoriously famous by misspelling a 2 letter word like 'YO'.

..........Widder

Let's see-The OP asks a 'loaded' question. He doesn't get the answers, HE wants to hear. <_<

Then, said OP cry's 'FOUL', and runs away yell'n this ain't the 'cowboy way' .......... :rolleyes:

His last 'poke' at us was "Might be a long time till I post anything else here..........."

I say, WELL-BYE :excl:

You know what they about say about d'at swing'n door........ ;)

LG

HUH?

AM...you need to run his comments through the decoder ring....it will all be clear to you then :D :D

.....and the secret password, for today anyway is "YO"....tomorrow it will return to "OY"....such are the ways of secret societies.

Allie Mo, the picture is a comic book reference. A kind of secret criminal organization. A conspiracy if you will.

Or...it could be a special sign to another SASS secret society...

Cross the streams is a Ghostbusters reference. Also, i was crossing the comic book and cowboy genres.

Ludicrous speed is a Mel Brooks reference from SpaceBalls.

It's because of the Phantom Secret Society Club...........I thought you were a member......OY. :ph34r:

Great...

So much for my secret society being secret...

Now I'z gotta go...must finish my manifesto.

Yo!

Phantom

Well....you might want to read your own posts. Pretty clear what your inference was with the first post. Not everything that's secret has a hidden agenda. I bet if you was to ASK your TG what went on or what was said on such and such he'd tell ya. Of course he might have to kill ya afterwards or mebbe stash ya in the same place that we keep the REAL sass rules which is in the same underground bunker at Area 51 where they keep the real Declaration of Independence. (You know, the one with the secret treasure map in invisible ink on the back.)

You might have noticed some people took a bit of offense at your post and responded accordingly. Others perhaps rolled their eyes and simply answered the question. (there ain't no secret...anything in SASS) and still others poked a little fun because most cowboys have a sharp wit and, believe it or not, a good sense of humor. Now if you don't mind, I have to go back to shooing the black helicopters away. Oh, anyone got any tinfoil I could borrow? One of them choppers flew so low that my hat blew off...

Not new to SASS, but fairly new to the Wire, so excuse my ignorance about some things I see here that kinda concern me. To the point, why is it that there exists a seemingly "clandestine nature" that prevents most of us from knowing what's going on in certain privileged forums like the Territorial Governors and the RO III forum areas. I'm not saying that those of us who ain't a TG or RO III need to be able to contribute our drivel to the stuff going on there, but a "read-only" capability for the general population on this forum so we can at least see what they're up to sure would be nice. Seems that they have more secrets and hidden agendas here than the NSA. My daddy always taught me that "If what you're doing can't stand the light of day, then maybe you ought not be doing it." Not intending to conjure up a brush fire or political debate here, just curious about the supposed need for secrecy. Just what exactly goes on behind those "closed doors" so to speak that we aren't allowed to see. Are we not worthy of being informed of current issues and what's in the wind? After all, we are the ones "paying the freight" here by supporting SASS. "Nuff said, just my two cents worth. I'll probably catch an earful here, but so be it. I opened this can of worms, so I'll take what lambasting I get for attempting to gore an apparent sacred cow.

Oh do grow up - you started by asking questions in a very accusatory manner, implying all kinds of potentially negative motives and bad behavior,

couched in the 'reasonable' logic of asking people to defend their need for privacy, and then complain when people call you on it or point out that

it's nothing interesting, just folks working on stuff without the need for looky loo's and shoulder browsers . . . .

You accuse folks of having more secrets and hidden agendas than the NSA.

You impugn the honor of the folks who volunteer by saying that they think of "us' as unworthy.

You quote your daddy as a reason to say that if folks won't tell you what they're doing it must be nefarious . . .

You claim a right because you think you're paying the freight? Hello - those volunteers don't get paid.

Let me get this straight, you walk in with guns blazing making a lot of stupid comments and then wonder about the cowboy way . . .

As the Phantom would say... Oy!

SC

p.s. - I don't go to those forums, but I ride for the brand.

+1

Go back out to the shoots, all this stuff is just here on the wire - the shoots are where SASS and SASS members really are, and what SASS is.

Thank God for Spring - we'll ALL start shootin' again! :D

It was a long winter....................................... :ph34r:

You mean you don't know about the "secret" handshake? We could tell you about it, but then . . . .

I put on my black hooded robe, cutyself and drip blood on my keyboard prior to going on to the TG wire.

Ringer

Archived