SASS Wire Forum

Favorite Old Westerns

Outrider, SASS #72622

Used to watch "Have Gun Will Travel" every week with my dad.

Was always a special time for me.

--Dawg

--Dawg

Me too. My daughter got me a Netflix subsription a few years ago and I got to watch EVERY episode again. Best present ever!

If it had horses, hats, and guns I watched it! :lol:

Mine were also:

The Rifleman

The Wild Wild West (every Friday nite, I would sit and watch it while eating a pint of ice cream).

The Lone Ranger

Bonanza

and..........

Gunsmoke when Festus became the deputy.

I also liked the Saturday morning Roy Rogers and Sky King.

..........Widder

Tombstone Territory: Tough sheriff Clay Hollister keeps the law in Tombstone, Arizona--"The Town Too Tough to Die"--with the support of his faithful deputies and the editor of the local newspaper.

26 Men: Based on the true characters of Captain Tom Rynning and Ranger Clint Travis, 26 Men was in the tradition of Death Valley Days providing true stories of the exploits of the Arizona Rangers. Modeled on the Texas Rangers, the Arizona Rangers did a lot in cleaning up the outlaw element in the Territory so that it was disbanded in 1909 and Arizona was admitted to the union as our 48th state in 1912.

The Rebel: A former Confederate Army Private roams the Wild West after the end of the Civil War as a rogue drifter and gets involved in helping out various settlers threatned by various bad guys.

In no particular order;

The Big Valley......come on now....Linda Evans

Bonanza

High Chaparral

Rawhide

I know these aren't Westerns, but

Combat

Twelve OClock High

The Untouchables

Lone Ranger and Zorro because they wore masks....

...like The Batman

Fillmore

Gosh! just liked 'em all. RAWHIDE really seems to an all time favorite with Gil Favor and his cowboy ethics and teaching them young sprouts like Clint, Sheb and rest of the trailhands. Wanted Dead or Alive, Palidin, Johnny Yuma the Rebel. Pretty much spoiled with all them western TV series from the 50s. When even younger watched Hopalong, Roy Rodgers, Wild Bill Hickok,

1. Wild Wild West - Artemus Gordon

2. "F" Troop - Cpl. Randolph Agarn

3. Big Valley - Nick Barkley

Nick was always a cool customer that didn't take anything off of anybody.

Wild Bill Hickock, presented by Sugar Corn Pops! :D Guy Madison and Andy Devine as "Jingles":)

Wyatt Earp, Roy Rogers, Wagon Train, Rawhide, Bat Masterson, Have Gun Will Travel.........geez ALL of 'em! It was a great time for TV!;)

--Dawg

Me too. My daughter got me a Netflix subsription a few years ago and I got to watch EVERY episode again. Best present ever!

+2 Have Gun will Travel is my my all time favorite :wub: - know most of the episodes and dialogue by heart now. Pretty decent stories and writing, classy and entertaining.

Earliest favorites were Hoppy, The Lone Ranger and Tonto (really liked the partnership), Roy, Dale and Trigger, Wild Bill Hickock. ;)

If it had horses, hats, and guns I watched it! :lol:

Me too, and loved most all of it, but never completely got into Autry - don't know why. :unsure:

Will still try anything with "horses, hats, and guns", at least once (saw Cowboys & Aliens" this year :o

Harvey

Archived