SASS Wire Forum

Where do ya live?

Rye Miles #13621

Just wonderin where ya'll live. City, suburbs, rural, what kind of town?

I live in a suburb east of Cleveland. The City of Euclid is on the lake, Lake Erie, I live 1 mile from the water. Euclid has 48,000 people. My lot is a regular sized lot for this city, about 60 X 150. Any other info is confidential! :lol: Rye

Town of 20 sq mailes and 5000 people in Southern NH, touching the Mass border. My lot is 1 hectare (ok, 2.5 acres) and wooded iwhth hemlocks, oaks, maples and birches. Undergrowth is mountain laurel and blackberrry bushes. I am visited by wild turkeys and deer. It's just about time for the coyote to wander through with her new pups though I think the coyote season was expanded recently and she would be smart enough to stay away.

I'm at the edge of a small town, about 10 miles west of Ithaca. I also have a 1 hectare size piece of land. Partly in trees the rest I have to mow. Plenty of critters, including the occasional Fox, Deer, Racoon, Gray and Black squirrels. I hear coyote's off in the woods late at night, but haven't seen one here yet.

I'm in historic downtown Hannibal, Missouri..........

..........And I look more historically correct that most of the Mark Twain impersonators.

:lol:

~EE(who would like to move back out west)Taft~

Guest EL NEGRO GATO #8178

I grew up in Brooklyn New York moved to the midwest in 1976 lived in Sioux Falls, then in 1981 I moved to Bloomington Il, in 1982 my company moved me to Sioux City IA, then in 1985 I bought a small lake house on McCook Lake SD, then in 2004 I moved to Iowa City,IA but in 2009 I bought 9 acres in the country 4 miles southwest of Jefferson SD population 600+ not to bad for a former city boy,my neighbors are 1 mile in each direction of me. I call this place EL RANCHO DEL GATTO

ENG :FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm:

I live on 160 acres, 5 miles from the nearest paved road. There are only three houses on the road which dead-ends into a condemned bridge shortly after my house. We don't get lots of traffic.

Live in a city voted best in the nation last year or so. Fairly big house and a half acre lot which is large for the city. Can't afford the house any more with pay cuts so am fixing it up to sell. To stay in the town where we live now, we'd have to buy a house with half the lot, and less than half the square footage to downsize our mortgage enough. Looking at houses like that I've pretty much decided it ain't worth it, we'll go elsewhere where I won't feel like I'm living in a closet.

It's hard getting ready to move from a 4000 sq ft house, with an oversize 2 car garage to park cars in, and a second 2 car garage for a shop...trying to figure out how we can cram what we want to keep into a house half that size. Granted we don't need all the crap we've accumulated or that much space but it's kinda like driving a big honking caddy for 20 years and then looking to get into a subcompact car.

OK, I'm done whining for now.

Yes, live in small city, same county where I was born.

56 acres, 30 miles from Arkansas and 30 miles from Oklahoma outside of the south edge of Verona, MO. Current census shows less than 600 bodies there.

186 feet of covered porch around my hilltop home. Inside is all handicapped capable and it is our last home. Turkey feeder in the yard with coons on the porch at night. Possums, skunks, coyotes and deer all visit regularly. A 1/4 acre pond 75 yards to the east keeps the wood ducks, mergansers and blue herons happy.

West side looks down on the headwaters of Spring River and usually a pair of Canadas and their brood.

I think I'll just go home for the day.

Work sucks.

Just wonderin where ya'll live. City, suburbs, rural, what kind of town?

I live in a suburb east of Cleveland. The City of Euclid is on the lake, Lake Erie, I live 1 mile from the water. Euclid has 48,000 people. My lot is a regular sized lot for this city, about 60 X 150. Any other info is confidential! :lol: Rye

HUH?? How many bedrooms and baths?? lol... Just teasing you.. I live in the city, just moved her in Oct of last year and it is fine is all I can say.. lol.. Apartment life is not much fun, but I will be out in a house by 2012.

I usually live in my own little world and don't get out much.

I live in Fargo, ND, a city of about 105,000 people. My house was built in 1953, a 1 1/2 story three BR, 2 bath on a 60x140 lot. We bought it in 1976. It's just the wife and I, so it's more than enough room, and paid for. My family has a lake home in western Minn that we spend time at in the warmer months. I just retired for the third and last time. Life is good.

Hi Rye,

The "Old" house (111 years) is six blocks straight to the state capitol.

The new one is approximately in the middle of our ten acres, surrounded by a minimum of ten acre parcels. To drive here, you have to pass the properties of three retired LEOs. You will make a lot of noise, as it's gravel. Or, you could tresspass on a Hell's Angels property; but, I wouldn't. :lol:

Regards,

Allie Mo

Stuck in the Los Angeles area, Long Beach, to be precise.

Reading about all the big houses and land has got me wishing I wasn't in a 3 bedroom apartment!

Two Feathers

Ontario, California.

5 minutes from the airport, 3 minutes from the I-10 freeway, 10 minutes from the 60 freeway, 45 minutes from downtown LA, 3 hours from Las Vegas, 20 minutes from the nearest SASS range, less that 1 1/2 hours max from a half dozen more.

Over 250 decent restaurants in a hour's drive and about 40 of those are Grumpy Lunch Bunch venues.

Disneyland, Knotts Berry Farm, Magic Mountaian, the Autry Museum, Peterson Auto Museum, two major air museums, Dodgers, A's, Ducks, etc all in reasonable driving distance.

There are places like the San Diego Zoo/Balboa Park, Aquarium of the Pacific, Queen Mary, the Rose Bowl, several good planetariums, all manner of cultural events, skiing, surfing, hot air balloons, rodeos, hiking, auto races, gun shows, and a host of other within a few hours or not more than a day away.

Wonderful climate for the most part.

More colleges than almost anyplace else in the country and some of them are even worthwhile.

Liberal governments, high taxes, illegal aliens, crappy schools, terrible traffic and lousy roads, too many cars and nowhere near enough drivers, high unemployment, moderate crime rate compared to some places, envirowhackos on every corner, and freaks galore.

We also have the finest people in the world if you make even a small effort to find us. :D

Come on down. I live in one of the most interesting places I've ever seen...and I seen a lot of places. A LOT of places!!!!!

You'll fit right in.........somewhere nearby.

Ontario, California.

5 minutes from the airport, 3 minutes from the I-10 freeway, 10 minutes from the 60 freeway, 45 minutes from downtown LA, 3 hours from Las Vegas, 20 minutes from the nearest SASS range, less that 1 1/2 hours max from a half dozen more.

Over 250 decent restaurants in a hour's drive and about 40 of those are Grumpy Lunch Bunch venues.

Disneyland, Knotts Berry Farm, Magic Mountaian, the Autry Museum, Peterson Auto Museum, two major air museums, Dodgers, A's, Ducks, etc all in reasonable driving distance.

There are places like the San Diego Zoo/Balboa Park, Aquarium of the Pacific, Queen Mary, the Rose Bowl, several good planetariums, all manner of cultural events, skiing, surfing, hot air balloons, rodeos, hiking, auto races, gun shows, and a host of other within a few hours or not more than a day away.

Wonderful climate for the most part.

More colleges than almost anyplace else in the country and some of them are even worthwhile.

Liberal governments, high taxes, illegal aliens, crappy schools, terrible traffic and lousy roads, too many cars and nowhere near enough drivers, high unemployment, moderate crime rate compared to some places, envirowhackos on every corner, and freaks galore.

We also have the finest people in the world if you make even a small effort to find us. :D

Come on down. I live in one of the most interesting places I've ever seen...and I seen a lot of places. A LOT of places!!!!!

You'll fit right in.........somewhere nearby.

I grew up in Rowland Heights. Heard of it?

It's just up the road from you.

I do miss the beach.

Big Red and I live in a city lot, in a suburb of Olympia, WA, called Lacey.

We are at the southern end of Olympic Natl. Park, have Puget Sound 10 minutes away, about 50 miles west of Mt. Rainier, hour ana half from the Pacific ocean and an hour from the BIG city of Seattle if we need to be reminded why we hate crowds :rolleyes:

In a few years we hope to retire back to our home town of Sequim, at the top of the Olympic Peninsula - as far northwest as ya' get without going to Alaska - but much warmer :wub:

Battle Creek, Michigan for the most part, Friendsville, Maryland,whenever we can. Battle Creek is in southern MI about 40 miles from the Indiana line. We have about 2 acres in a subdivision. Friendsville, Maryland is in the westernmost part of MD in the mountains. We live on 10 acres on a mountain ridge. My wife just retired in January so we plan to start spending more time in MD. Writing this from the mountain top, waiting for the rain to start. Had huge snowflakes two days ago, near 70 today. Typical Garrett County weather

Frazee

Canton, Ohio area. In a TWP. about 6 miles from the city line.Mobile home park, have a postage stamp for a yard. It's a small double-wide with a car port. very quiet at night, have deer and raccoons, skunks and other assorted wildlife passing through. Coyotes have been seen as close as 20 yards from the house, three were killed in the well pump area south of us a while back. There's also a small flock of wild turkeys rotating through the area as well. Only thing that would be better would be a larger home on my own land. Fat chance at my age ,though.....Buck :blush:

Live in a rural area, about half hour from Dayton Ohio, if you're looking for the nearest big city. About an acre of land, small house Mrs. Doc and I had built. Surrounded on three sides by horse farms, Morgans on one, Quarter Horses on the other. Fourth side is woods. We regularly see deer, turkey, raccoons, hawks and skunks. Occasionally we'll see a fox or a coyote, although we hear the coyotes often of an evening.

Vegas baby

Nice big house on a postage stamp size lot. I've gotten used to no yard maintenance though. Leaves more time for fun.

P.S. to Forty Rod: When I was stationed up at Edwards my wife and I would preserve what was left of our sanity by coming down to Ontario Mills Mall every other month or so. Yee Ha, exciting times. :(

AUSTRALIA .....

..... in a little spot called Moorland, near Taree, on the coastal strip of New South Wales, about 2 hours drive north of Newcastle which is a bit north of Sydney, which is on the east coast of AUSTRALIA.

-_-

I grew up in Rowland Heights. Heard of it?

It's just up the road from you.

I do miss the beach.

I worked for some time in Industry, "just over there a bit" from Rowland Heights. Was there during the Whittier Narrows quake in 84 (?)

Small town USA. About 1,800 people, Shoneys, Wal Mart, Applebees and Lowerys. About 50 miles from Chesapeake Bay, 50 from Richmond, 2 hours from DC, 2 hours from Norfolk and 2 1/2 from Va Beach. You know that Navy town. About 3 hours from the Blue Ridge Mountains.

Shenny

All Most Heaven WV. Very small town we do not even have a flashing light. 80 miles to Baltimore and 80 miles to Washington DC. But VA is 1.5 miles and MD is 15 miles. It is quiet and peaceful plenty of wild critters about.

We actually live in an unincorporated area of northeast Cobb County, GA. Cobb is part of the NW Atlanta metro area. Cobb's population is about 700,000. Catherine and I have a 4 bedroom, 2 story home on a lot just under an acre. Good location, only 10 miles from work, and I don't have to get on the freeways.

Archived