SASS Wire Forum

Where do ya live?

Rye Miles #13621

HUH?? How many bedrooms and baths?? lol... Just teasing you.. I live in the city, just moved her in Oct of last year and it is fine is all I can say.. lol.. Apartment life is not much fun, but I will be out in a house by 2012.

My house is a Master bungalow with 4 bedrooms, the basement has a bar and a pool table on one side and my repair shop and reloading area on the other side. Also my washer and dryer. I have a back porch with storms and screens but no heat. I use it about 7-8 months. My parents bought this house brand spankin new in 1959. Still have some of the same neighbors from when I was a kid, not many they're dying off quickly. I love this house, lots of memories but I wish I could move it out west where it's warm.B)

Gates, NY a suburb of Rochester. 1600 sq. ft. ranch on 1/3 acre. Always in the top 5 highest property taxed counties in the country. Funny, though. I have deer that sleep under my bedroom window, turkeys that roost along a major thoroughfare that passes by my neighborhood, flocks of geese that squat about 1/4 mi.away, and the occasional armed robbery that occurs within a mile or two from home. Once you get out of the metro area,(600,000-700,000 people) Upstate NY is one of the most beautiful places I've been to. It's a shame that I won't be able to afford to live here much longer...

Well, I live 45 minutes from the Freestate Rangers, 90 minutes from the Powder Creek Cowboys, 2 1/2 hours from Tulsey Town, and 3 hours from the Southern Missouri Rangers.

There are cattle over my east fence, horses over my west fence, and a pair of donkeys over my south fence. :lol:

Gunstock and I live out in the sticks a couple of miles from Medina Lake, Texas....south of Bandera, the Cowboy Capital of the World. On our 2 acres we've seen foxes, coyotes, skunks, snakes, scorpions, roadrunners, deer, coons, possums, wild pigs, and lizrods. We have lots of Mountain Laurel trees and when they bloom, they smell wonderful. Only about 6 miles to drive to work and sometimes a beautiful sunset to see from the back porch....love the quiet!

Miss Cubbie

Mostly in the state of confusion ;)

10 minutes south of LAX and 2 miles from the beach (that I haven't been to in 15 years) I have to drive 90 minutes to my range although there's others closer.

Other than that, all else is what Forty Rod said

TF

We live in a log home on nine acres just east of Fayetteville, TN, but before you get to Mulberry. Lynchburg (and the Jack Daniel distillery) is fifteen minutes east, Fayetteville, TN is ten minutes west, Huntsville, AL is forty-five minutes south and Nashville is an hour and a half north. I try to avoid Nashville and Huntsville like the plague!

We regularly see deer, blue herons, canada geese rabbits and skunks. At night - most every night - we hear the coyotes up on the far ridge.

And the best part is, we're both retired, so we have some time to enjoy all this!

At the presant time I live in town , but I got 25 ac on the mountain ,as soon as I get the $$ ,I will be going there .

Even in town I have 2 1/2 ac with deer , fox , bobcat, ect . Kinda nice to sit on the porch and watch the critters .

All kinds of wildlife on the mt. came across bear track on the pond bank .

See ya down the trail

CB

Vegas baby

Nice big house on a postage stamp size lot. I've gotten used to no yard maintenance though. Leaves more time for fun.

P.S. to Forty Rod: When I was stationed up at Edwards my wife and I would preserve what was left of our sanity by coming down to Ontario Mills Mall every other month or so. Yee Ha, exciting times. :(

I'm about ten minutes from The Mills. I've only been there a dozen times since it opened ( I don't get along well in malls.) and I usually go directly to Bed Bath and Beyond, get in and get out from the parking lot. No reason to go inside the mall proper.

Some fine stores around the perimeter: Rockler's, Philly's Best, Joanne's, Cal Arms, a few decent restaurants, ec.

Live on 11 acres within the city limits of Grand Junction CO. Technically still zoned county, agricultural. Property backs up to the Colorado River with a seasonal flock of about 25 night herons nesting in the cottonwoods. Get an occasional white heron and a couple of blues to look good with our personal 6 member deer herd and small flock of turkeys. 8 acres in pasture for the horses and other critters like foxes, skunks ucky!, coyotes, last year a bear and have found the occasional lion track. We live in an older (smaller) modular that suits me and SWMBO perfectly. Cannot figure out how come I didn't settle down here long ago.

Regards

:FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

Guest Paniolo Cowboy SASS #75875

Beautiful Glencoe, California, population 189. We have a Post Office and an Ameriocan Legion Post, and I run the Legion these days.

The Witness Protection Program loves this place!

About 3 miles from Guntersville Lake in North Alabama on 10 acres on top of a little mountian they call Grant. Ten minutes from Cavern Cove where the North Alabama Regulators shoot and where the Ambush at Cavern Cove is held. There's a Walmart 20 miles in any direction. Lots of wildlife wandering around and I can still shoot in my back yard (or my front yard for that matter). I picked up a shed antler about 30 feet from my garage door last weekend. I'm thinking about moving if too many more build houses around here. There must be over 100 new houses within a 2 mile radius in the last 5 years.

Ruin Va No Paved roads, No Law, No tax, No power, No phones, No water, 1 out house, No close neighbors,No wind, snow, or rain, and NO income....awfful hard to get to....

Here's my "home" thut I built 35+ yrs ago

www.drburkholter.com/cf8.html

Here's whur I live now My link

Here's my building at whur I live now My link

Here's whur I live whur-ever-I'm-at ( rolling bunkhouse ) My link

Bob . . . I like yur map of how to find yur place :blink:

Jest drive north from Cortez 3o miles till you see the cloud of BP smoke. Ya can't miss it. :lol:

Part of the year I live in a small MA town adjacent to Concord; 21 men from the district that includes my town fought at Concord, and several are buried down the street from my house. History is huge here, and you can't turn around without being reminded of our Revolutionary heritage.

The rest of the year I live on Cape Cod - sail, fish, and follow the Sox.

LL

Archived