SASS Wire Forum

Just a question

Big50

Wonder how our "status" is actually determined? How does one get to be a "SASS Wire Vet" versus "Member". Just curious. Is it number of posts you think? Or longevity? Or just number of times on the site, maybe?

I dont know but you are not alone in wondering that.

Not only do you have 'Members' and 'Vets', but if you look at Utah Bob's post, it list him as 'The Man'.

Go figure. (maybe its got something to do with hats) :lol:

..........Widder

It's scientific but somewhat random. Has something to do with sunspots vs gravity I bleeve. Sometimes the Wire Fux Capacitor fluxes a bit too much.

How do you think that DeLorean got there?

You need to check yourself for mis-matched socks also. I'm told that can effect your status.

Alcohol can also affect the post count drastically. :blink:

Oops, I forgot that yesterday I self-banned me from the Wire for a week.

Sorry. :huh:;)

6,500+ posts = Member .....

321 posts = Wire Vet !!!

Like no cross on "Chapel" it makes no sence ................................

Jabez Cowboy

You can always just ship BH a nice bottle of wine or two. That usually smooths the way for near 'bout anything here on the WIRE. The better the wine, the better your 'status' will be.

This one comes up about every 'cabin fever season'. I've around here for quite a while, I've got over 4K posts and I'm still a member, too. Oh, the August 1, 1999 join date on my profile is merely from the time that the 'join date' carried over from one version of the WIRE to the next. I don't remember exactly when I started hanging out around here but it's actually at least 2 or 3 years prior to '99.

For the record, I think it is a leftover from the change over to the LAST forum design (this incarnation is either 4 or 5 since I signed up back in the '90's). There's no rhyme or reason for the Vet or Member status designations and, to tell the truth, they don't mean much. The WIRE never has used any sort of ranking system for its' members.

It is totally random and meaningless. It's a glitch that everyone noticed in the version of the Wire before this last one. It never got fixed on the last one and carried over to this one. Your ranking has no meaning whatsoever. A pard with 20000 posts could get assigned a rank of "Junior Member" while a pard could be ranked as "Member" or "SASS Wire Vet" with their first post.

Totally random and meaningless.

The only way to get your status changed is for BH or another mod to go in and change it manually. That's how UB got to be "The Man". BH playing a joke on UB.

I have to post just to see what I am lol

:D :D :D

Didn't the vets used to be in the military?

Nope. Yore thinkin of SASS Vets not Wire Vets.

Howdy Pard!

Here's the scoop as I recall it. Once upon a time it meant something (Vets were long time posters...) and then we had a forum upgrade that seemed to reverse things. Newbies became SASS Wire Vets and Vets became Junior Members.

A few of us became something else entirely. For example, Utah Bob is "The Man." Tennessee Stud is "Wire Stud Muffin." I am a "Vet-e." The quirky names were compliments of our Guardian Angel, Black Harris. :wub:

So, "it is what it is," which is meaningless. :unsure:;)

Regards,

Allie Mo

It's scientific but somewhat random. Has something to do with sunspots vs gravity I bleeve. Sometimes the Wire Fux Capacitor fluxes a bit too much.

How do you think that DeLorean got there?

You need to check yourself for mis-matched socks also. I'm told that can effect your status.

Alcohol can also affect the post count drastically. :blink:

Oh , I thought it had to do with the "Conservation of Angular Momentum" or was that the "Oblequity of the Eclyptic"

It has to do with DArk Matter thats all I know :blink:

Oh I am happy with what I have...just like I said I am curious. Not a big deal, kind'a like our dates...couple of "upgrades" ago we all had to "re-enlist" and that started our dates over. Not a big deal ..just a deal. I like it that Black Harris has "personalized" some folks and if you remember he had a post back sometime ago offering to contact him if you wanted something different. I really appreciate the way that "they" take care of the WIRE and have no complaints at all.

Archived