SASS Wire Forum

Who’s your sidekick?

IMG_0995.jpegI’m guessing that these guys shot their scenes at the Mescal Movie set, since that’s who posted this picture.

• Like 1

It’d be a toss up between Slim Pickins and Chill Wills for me!!

No Walter Brennan, Ben Johnson, Arthur Hunnycutt, or Ken Curtis??

Edited by Blackwater 53393
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Although there are some excellent selections , I pick one that isn't on the list...Jack Elam.

Picking from the list, I'll go with Slim Pickens as he really was a cowboy and seems like he would have been fun to be around...cut up with...and I would probably survive the fun and cutting up with.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I can't say that I ever thought about a Sidekick for myself. Of course I never really felt like I was Hero enough to need one either. I've had Partners though, where we were more equal, and we'd almost switch off as the Comic Relief. 

A few years ago when we were writing the story "Return to Toostone", Blackwater and I partnered up in writing a part of it. 

As for a Cowboy Sidekick, I'd have to go with Pat Brady here. He is one of two reasons that I drive a Jeep. 

2013_0109_nellybelle_large.jpg

Edited by Sgt. C.J. Sabre, SASS #46770
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Linda Evans.

IMG_5011.webp

Edited by Yul Lose
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

I'm with Blackwater; it's a tie between Chill Wills and Slim Pickens. But, Arthur Hunnicutt would be a not too distant 3rd.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Yul Lose said:

Linda Evans.

IMG_5011.webp

She's got three brothers that's pretty quick with guns. And one of them has a very short fuse.

• Haha 3

the straight up answer is all of them , and i gotta add festus to the list as well , i always enjoyed these stars of the second tier , i think of them as just as important to the story as the main star , 

• Like 1

If we’re not picking from those photos then I’ll take Festus anyday !!!

23 hours ago, Lawdog Dago Dom said:

IMG_0995.jpegI’m guessing that these guys shot their scenes at the Mescal Movie set, since that’s who posted this picture.

Anyone notice that photos of Pat Buttrum and Smiley Burnette are shown with the wrong names......?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Gracos Kid said:

Anyone notice that photos of Pat Buttrum and Smiley Burnette are shown with the wrong names......?

Good eye!!!