SASS Wire Forum

If this was posted in last months I missed it and apologize for late posting.. 

I found out today from Two Gun Johnny that Goody had passed away in November. Johnny heard from a nephew so he was unaware till recent also.

It is a great  loss to SASS. Goody frequently posted on Wire and had plenty of humor as well as good advice. He was one of my earliest, dear friends from my start in SASS. I liked him from first meeting, probably at 10horns when at Greenville Texas or Buck Creek at Glen Rose

Picture this: A nice camp fire with pot of beans cooking, Goody,  Goatneck, TX Banker, Knifemaker, and 10icStar reciting lines from Blazing Saddles and waiting on  T-Bone, Ringo Fire, Spur, Billy Boots, Two-gun Johnny, Non Stop, and a bunch from Ormsby Ranch clubs and Bar 3.

We were blessed to have known Goody. God comfort family and many friends in that loss.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 17

10 minutes ago, Long Hunter SASS #20389L said:

Hate to hear that Billy,

Goody was always fun to be around and full of humor. He'll be missed.

Prayers up for the family.

Jim,  you know he is waiting to give you, Todd,  and me a hard time. Miss Ann having his back. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Billy Boots, # 20282 LTG-Regulator said:

Jim,  you know he is waiting to give you, Todd,  and me a hard time. Miss Ann having his back. 

Plus Non-Stop would catch a little of Goody's humor too. No one was left out. Miss Ann also had Todd's and my back. Yours........not so much. :-) We a lot of fun back in those days.

• Like 2

Sad to hear this Billy.  Goody was of the very few shooters still out at Lone Star when I returned from my brief foray into mounted shooting.  His humor, fellowship and knowledge of cowboy action shooting, guns thereof and willingness to share that will be sorely missed.  RIP.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Griff said:

Sad to hear this Billy.  Goody was of the very few shooters still out at Lone Star when I returned from my brief foray into mounted shooting.  His humor, fellowship and knowledge of cowboy action shooting, guns thereof and willingness to share that will be sorely missed.  RIP.

Griff, you know, Goody loved his pawn shop shopping. I don't know how many S&W 38s and SKBs I got from him thru the years.

2 hours ago, Long Hunter SASS #20389L said:

Plus Non-Stop would catch a little of Goody's humor too. No one was left out. Miss Ann also had Todd's and my back. Yours........not so much. :-) We a lot of fun back in those days.

You are exactly right. Between Spur, Ringo, Non Stop, and Goody...close the doors.  And, don't eat the beans.

Certainly right about Miss Ann also.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Long Hunter SASS #20389L said:

Jim, we might even throw Boots Fits into that pot of clowns with Goody.  To think sitting around the fire with Ringo, Boots, Spur, T-Bone, Non Stop, and Goody.  Bet he is enjoying this.  RIP my friend.

• Like 1

Sad news. I also enjoyed Goody's posts. RIP Pard.

• Like 1

I do miss my regular "arguments" with Goody... I think we both enjoyed those almost as much as the Shootin'

I met Jim wayyyy back in about 71'...

Him and sometimes with his brother would stop by the motorcycle shop I worked at to drool all over the bikes and ask about how the weekend's MX races went.

Years later I went to my first CAS Shoot to just Look around and see what it was all about.....

At the shooters meeting I heard some kid holler my name out and it was Goody!

The "Dirty Rat" announced that I was gonna Shoot not just watch.:D Then he strapped some guns on my hips and got me started in CAS...

I never forgave him :rolleyes:

I do Miss Goody!!

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, Silver Sam, SASS #34718L said:

I do miss my regular "arguments" with Goody... I think we both enjoyed those almost as much as the Shootin'

I met Jim wayyyy back in about 71'...

Him and sometimes with his brother would stop by the motorcycle shop I worked at to drool all over the bikes and ask about how the weekend's MX races went.

Years later I went to my first CAS Shoot to just Look around and see what it was all about.....

At the shooters meeting I heard some kid holler my name out and it was Goody!

The "Dirty Rat" announced that I was gonna Shoot not just watch.:D Then he strapped some guns on my hips and got me started in CAS...

I never forgave him :rolleyes:

I do Miss Goody!!

I know you do. You two could really churn the arguments. Couple agitators.

• Haha 2

Funny thing about that Billy is several folks thought we Hated each other and kept wanting to put us on separate Posse's :ph34r:

• Haha 1

Met Goody at CAC more’n ten years ago.  Shot on the same posse a time or two.  He was always jovial and supportive with good advice for anyone who needed and wanted it!

A great cowboy who WILL be missed by many!!

• Like 1

So sorry to hear this, R.I.P. pard, you will be missed.

• Like 1

Goody was a motorcycle riding, pawnshop raiding, gun trading cowboy shooting enthusiast who also held down a high level position as an accountant for Goody Goody Liquor Stores. He was also a good friend to those of us in the DFW area SASS clubs and beyond. Once he even ventured out into the clay bird arena and shot skeet and five stand clays leagues with Noah Gonnatellyah, Nueces Outlaw, Silver Sam and I. 

Fortunately, that was a short time experiment and we got back to where we belonged at the cowboy range

I will miss him and like many others, I feel like we still have one more “deal” to put together

• Like 4

I'm sorry to say that I never met Goody; would have loved sitting around the fire with him. I did get to know him through his always interesting and  knowledgeable posts on the forums. Also through personal help he provided me  when I got interested in JP Sauer and Sons revolvers. He even sent me a hammer to try when one of mine was damaged. 

He was a good guy as many others have attested. I miss him.   

On 2/7/2024 at 4:58 PM, Eyesa Horg said:

Sad news. I also enjoyed Goody's posts. RIP Pard.

I have been around since 89-but signed up in96  Not many left.

Rest in Peace

TJB

• Like 1