SASS Wire Forum

ADDICTION..... confession

Malted Milk Balls, otherwise known as 'WHOPPERS'.

I can eat a couple Oreo cookies and stop.   I can eat some tater chips and stop.

I can eat most candy bars and just one will satisfy my cravings.

BUT, put a carton of WHOOPERS in front of me and I can eat the whole blame carton and still

want more.    One right after another, good, tasty, crunchy and eager to go for another.

I think most would call that an addiction.    Sorri Pards, go get your own.    You can't have any

of mine..... :D

..........Widder

It ain’t good to feed Widder’s addictions!!  He’ll break yer billfold and then all that sugar ‘n’ caffeine gets them humming bird thumbs a twirlin’ that much faster!!  :o :lol:

I don't like chocolate because I'm a guy.

The hell I don't like chocolate because I'm a guy!

:D

I pretty much like everything, except gummy worms... them's nasty.

I have a thing for Mike & Ike’s and Dots. They’re chewy fruity candies. We used to call ‘em “Drive-In candy”.

In October Christmas chocolates start showing up on store shelves. This is my Kryptonite. Especially See’s Chocolates. 

40 minutes ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

Plain M&M's, are my weakness :lol:

I likes to dump 'em into my popcorn at the movies!  

Well... used to, anyway ~ that A1C thing kinda pots a crimp in that plan.  :wacko:

Ice cream.  When I was around age 12 I ate my dad’s 2.5 gallon stash of hazelnut over the course of a hot afternoon.  He put a lock on the freezer that was still there decades later.  They don’t make freezers that last that long anymore.

36 minutes ago, bgavin said:

Ice cream.  When I was around age 12 I ate my dad’s 2.5 gallon stash of hazelnut over the course of a hot afternoon.  He put a lock on the freezer that was still there decades later.  They don’t make freezers that last that long anymore.

It takes 2.5 gallons of various ice creams just to start one of them Nanner Splits for TN Williams.

..........Widder

Oh, now that ice cream came up…

I thought we were only talking about candy, but that’s okay. My very favorite treat is ice cream. My wife actually said last night when I mentioned this thread and my favorite candies “What about ice cream? I’m surprised you didn’t mention that.”

Like @bgavin as a kid I would get into trouble for ice cream misappropriation.
I had a rule for myself that I could only eat ice cream once a week on Friday night. It was usually a pint of Ben & Jerry’s. (The company is owned by Unilever. Put your political knives away) 

Now I am retired. I have ice cream more often, but I shouldn’t. I dearly love DQ Blizzards. I have been trying local ice creams. Hershey’s ice cream is darn good but hard to find outside specialty shops. 

I have the cure for your addictions.

@Tennessee williams Put anchovies on your nanner splits

@Widder, SASS #59054 Put anchovies on your malted milk candy.

@Pat Riot, SASS #13748 Put anchovies on your ice cream.

:D:D:D

Solved!

Lawdog!!  

GO STAND IN THE CORNER!!

12 hours ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

I can eat a couple Oreo cookies and stop.   I can eat some tater chips and stop.

BUT, put a carton of WHOOPERS in front of me and I can eat the whole blame carton and still

want more.    One right after another, good, tasty, crunchy and eager to go for another.

I think most would call that an addiction.    Sorri Pards, go get your own.    You can't have any

..........Widder

Those malted Easter egg thingys do that to me also.:lol:

8 minutes ago, Rip Snorter said:

Sounds fishy to me!

Must be a salty ol' dog!

3 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I had a rule for myself that I could only eat ice cream once a week on Friday night. It was usually a pint of Ben & Jerry’s.

Now I am retired. I have ice cream more often, but I shouldn’t. I have been trying local ice creams. Hershey’s ice cream is darn good but hard to find outside specialty shops. 

Breyers makes ice cream that's better, (notice I don't say good) for us with sugar problems called "Smart Carb" The chocolate is pretty good, especially if you pour melted peanut butter on it. (I had a nutritionist tell me that peanut butter is okay for diabetes). 

PATRIOT,

dang....... we've got the same 'as a kid' story.

Here in E.TN,   "The Wild Wild West' came on every Friday nite.   I would run down to our local

neighborhood market and get me a pint of 'chocolate ripple' ice cream to eat while watching

that show.   It was a Friday nite ritual for me.

AND......  the pint only cost me 25-cents back then.      Ahhhhh, the good ole days.

..........Widder

Palewolf Brunelle put me onto Tillamook ice cream. If anybody claims theys a better ice-cream than that creamy scoop of goodness what's made with Angel tears and could automatically cause world peace, they's a low down lying Yankee dog and needs to be tarred, feathered, and run out of town.

Yes. They have nanner puddin flavor. 

I like Ben & Jerry's, but discovered due aisle advertising, that the Hannaford brand was just as good with no exceptions. Bought one of each in the same flavor, they were identical. Been finding a lot of their store brand is as good or better than name brands and cheaper! Canned beef stew is way better than the old stand by Dinty Moore, way more beef chunks and larger. Has the beef flavor that Dinty had 40-50 years ago!

Tennessee Williams!!  You need to go out Franklin Road, like yer goin’ to Franklin.  On the left, just a little past Toot’s is an ANDY’S frozen custard place!

Stop in there ‘n’ git yourself a double scoop of chocolate in the waffle cone!!

You also need to meet me at Puckett’s up on the square today for lunch!!  12:30!!

I got a "sneak" here that has malted milk balls in various places in the house, garage, barn, vehicles, and probably the chicken coop!

She says, "Oh I have to hide them so the grandkids don't get into them."

But the candy outnumbers the grandkids 50 to 1.    Easy.

Anchovy Intervention!!!!

23 minutes ago, Tennessee williams said:

Palewolf Brunelle put me onto Tillamook ice cream. If anybody claims theys a better ice-cream than that creamy scoop of goodness what's made with Angel tears and could automatically cause world peace, they's a low down lying Yankee dog and needs to be tarred, feathered, and run out of town.

Indeed.
Their Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough is my regular.
Despite their woke B.S. my wife savors the B&J Karamel Sutra.

13 hours ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

..........Widder

I wouldn’t share them with you either!:P

I love em too!! I don’t buy them often because I can’t stop either!!!

2 hours ago, Tennessee williams said:

Tillamook is really good ice cream. I used to get it in Oregon. There is another ice cream from the Great Northwest you gotta try if you ever see it. It’s called Umpqua ice cream. It’s Mmmm-Mmmmmmm good. 

3 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

Tennessee Williams!!  You need to go out Franklin Road, like yer goin’ to Franklin.  On the left, just a little past Toot’s is an ANDY’S frozen custard place!

Stop in there ‘n’ git yourself a double scoop of chocolate in the waffle cone!!

You also need to meet me at Puckett’s up on the square today for lunch!!  12:30!!

Blackwater, you and Schoolmarm need to get one of the double double malts from there. I been tellin' Widder about them for a year. I'd never heard of a malt before he told me about them being better than a milkshake. When I was growing up, our "out to eat" was taking our bowl of beans outside to eat them!

I couldn't meet over there today because when I got out of heart rehab at 12, the bunkhouse boss told me she'd already ordered Chophouse. I ain't gonna fuss at her too much since she just got her knee replaced. She liable to read to me from the book.

Archived