SASS Wire Forum

found at a gun show--they stayed at the gun show

Won’t say that I’m rich, but “well to do” might apply.

And I thought I was nuts for paying $200 for 2000 primers. 
The guy I bought from apologized at least 4 times during our conversation. He needed large rifle primers and the guy he was getting them from wanted $100 per 1000 and he needed 2000 of them. 
Unfotunately he didn’t want CCI LRPs or I could have just traded primers I spent $30 a thousand on. 

I don’t regret buying them though...right after I did I inherited 1400 SPPs, 2000 LPPS and a few hundred LRPs... Murphy’s Law - If don’t have any you can’t find any. I found some, I gained some more. 

42 minutes ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

........ looks like they are asking whole dollars and the decimal point is not working before the "00" on their pricing device ....   :mellow:

here is the rest of the email I got:

Recently spotted Federal primers for sale at a gun show. Actually thought I was seeing double. Seller admitted he jacked the price up because he could and the people that come to gun shows would pay it. Impolite words may have been exchanged. 

~Doc XXXXX

57 minutes ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

........ looks like they are asking whole dollars and the decimal point is not working before the "00" on their pricing device ....   :mellow:

Your eyesight is good....Is it that bad down your way....

Texas Lizard

Add locks to my gun shop.

8 hours ago, Texas Lizard said:

Your eyesight is good....Is it that bad down your way....

Texas Lizard

I don't know for sure, but I don't think so ........ YET

....... seems that most of our ammo comes to us from USA;  the flow-on effect may still have to catch us up .......   :(

Yes...It’s a conspiracy! :blink:

People that make their living off of selling ammo and ammo making components have come together to conspire with the anti-RKBA community to inflate the costs so that using one’s gun is nearly impossible except for those that are wealthy. The effect is multifaceted and will only allow the very elite among us to have functional firearms as well as those agencies funded by tax dollars, such as police and other law enforcement agencies that affect the will of the government upon the unwashed governed peoples. 
We must rise up and protest vehemently! Everyone, grab your manual farming implements and meet me at the fence surrounding the capital at midnight. Bring torches. We’ll show these bastages once and for all!

:P

A local gun store just this last week advertised primers of all shapes and sizes for sale that he had just received. He had large pistol primers priced at $46.50 for box of 1000. Sadly I did not make it there in time to acquire any.

And go figure, all his primers were sold out in about half a day with the seller  limiting to one box of a 1000 per customer.

Missed it by that much! :(

Hm.  I'll pluck some chickens or rip up a few pillows if someone else wouldn't mind boilin' up some tar....   <_<

10 hours ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

Hm.  I'll pluck some chickens or rip up a few pillows if someone else wouldn't mind boilin' up some tar....   <_<

All our pillows are those foam-filled models. Somehow that doesn't sound as good. Tar and foam them...

11 hours ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

33 minutes ago, Cholla said:

All our pillows are those foam-filled models. Somehow that doesn't sound as good. Tar and foam them...

For all intents and purposes, I think we can forgo the feathers and foam --- JUST TAR THE SCOUNDRELS!!!!!!:angry:

11 minutes ago, Injun Ryder, SASS #36201L said:

For all intents and purposes, I think we can forgo the feathers and foam --- JUST TAR THE SCOUNDRELS!!!!!!:angry:

Nope, just have @Cholla bring some of his namesake cacti!

Store I was in today had 100 for $9.99, you could only buy 100. 2 weeks ago they were $7.99 Gouging maybe?!

15 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Store I was in today had 100 for $9.99, you could only buy 100. 2 weeks ago they were $7.99 Gouging maybe?!

I've been seeing similar in some of the smaller shops around here. Originally, I think they were limiting to small quantities of 100 (when they had them) just to bring people into the stores. As time has passed, I think some have looked around and said "why not get what others are getting?" While I don't like the prospect of "gouging," I also ponder whether the small shops are now being hurt as some of them may not be getting anything in due to the suppliers not having stockage for them. 

Thanks Biden!

Also, prices have gone up to the stores. I expect $6-7 per hundred to become the norm once things do level out.

Archived