SASS Wire Forum

Not a Good Night, it Seems

DocWard

I could only shake my head when I read Hardpan's post about losing his cat. Mrs. Doc informed me as I was getting ready for bed that she thought our cat, Violet had passed. Sure enough, in her favorite spot, under the bed in the middle, she was gone. A peculiar but sweet and loving cat, she was fifteen, and her health had been deteriorating. I know she's not in any pain, and it appears she passed in her sleep. Not much more I can ask for. We have two other cats, the oldest is in his early twenties, so sadly, we know it is only a matter of time for him.

A little more coffee, then I will go out and find a spot.

She didn’t suffer, that’s the good part. Sorry for your loss.

My condolences. Lost our 17 year old cat Crackers and 12 year old Lab, Magic about 14 years ago. Never been able to get another pet since then. :(

My sincerest condolences Doc, It is never easy to lose our furry kids.

I took the morning off. Out back we have a flower garden that is left from where we had a sandbox attached to a swingset for the girls when they were growing up. We buried our dog,  Rowan out there when she passed last September. We buried Violet around the side from her, but I went ahead and left room there beside her, because she and our other older cat got along well. It's a pretty spot, and I can't help but have good memories when I'm out there.

Right now though, I need to go and see if I can get my eyes a little less blurry.

Hi Doc.

I just had lunch with my GF (CAS shooter and neighbor)  yesterday and this came up. They have 64 goats, two horses, two donkeys, four dogs, five cats buried on their property (10 acres).

We only have three cats on our 10 acres. I feel the sorrow with each grave. I wish my dog was buried on our property too. Unfortunately, when his time came, Hubby's rotator cuff was acting up and I'm useless at digging.

I'm still mourning his passing. It may be because he was the only dog I ever had.

Sincerely,

Allie

The memories of the good times will keep her alive in your heart for always! Tonight and forever she will be with you in spirit. God Bless!

Doc, I was very sad to read this ~ despite that old saying, misery does NOT like company.

"Violet" is a wonderful name for a cat!  I did have a twitch of a smile at your description of her as "peculiar, but sweet and loving."  It's been my observation that all cats are peculiar to some extent; sweet and loving, not necessarily as much.  Violet must have been a delightful combination.

A true loss; you and your family have my sympathies.

I’m sorry you lost such a long-term pet.

Sorry Doc.

I still miss all my furry and feathered family members.

Archived