SASS Wire Forum

New Pistols: .32 Rugers w/Octagon barrels

Widder, SASS #59054

I recently had some .32 Rugers set up with Octagon barrels. I thought they looked so good that I would share plus brag on the gunsmith a little.

Barrels are 3" from front of frame to muzzle. Front site is solid brass.

Ejector rod housing was also appropriately cut to fit flush with barrel.

The barrel, ejector rod housing and the cylinder were also beveled.

Work was done by a super smith out in Oklahoma: Snake Oil George and his sidekick is Creek County Kid.

These pistols don't have it, BUT... Snake Oil George and Creek County Kid are also installing Shotgun Boogie short strokes in these now.

I really like these pistols. The 3.75" OCTAGON barrels balance perfect and shoot great.

Thanks for looking.

..........Widder

p://s86.photobucket.com/user/mattwhiteyanks1/media/20160810_192816_zpsqin6k37e.jpg.html]20160810_192816_zpsqin6k37e.jpg[/url]

20160810_192804_zpsmghf3fo2.jpg

Nels,

If the round barrels are the same length, they would naturally feel lighter.

The Octagon barrels do add weight and I think that is why they feel so balanced in their respective length.

..........Widder

Sweet Widder

Randy

Hey Randy, I shot these last Saturday at Wartrace but they weren't out of the holsters long enough for you to get a good look at them..... :)

..........Widder

Do you have to use octagonal boolits? :)

Kajun

I'm stuck at work doing a very painful project and glanced at this.... made me laugh! Thanks for that! I needed it.

Widder, very nice pistols!! Someone in our club has a set of Rugers with octagon barrels.... they just look so good!

man those some nice pistolas! I've got a pair of Rugers in 32 h&r. Sure would like to get that mod

Wow, nice irons!!

Hey Randy, I shot these last Saturday at Wartrace but they weren't out of the holsters long enough for you to get a good look at them..... :)

..........Widder

You were too busy fighting wasps to show them off. That 14.1 you shot at the Fort was real nice but I guess I'll have to learn to work the unloading table if I want to see them. 88 seconds for a 5 stage match, you definitely didn't keep them out of leather long.

Randy

You were too busy fighting wasps to show them off. That 14.1 you shot at the Fort was real nice but I guess I'll have to learn to work the unloading table if I want to see them. 88 seconds for a 5 stage match, you definitely didn't keep them out of leather long.

Randy

You Pards at Wartrace know how to write & set up stages. That is always a big plus for ALL the shooters.

Thanks for a great time.

I plan to travel the trail again in September. See you soon.

..........Widder

Those look super cool. I would not imagine that Boogie kits would be SASS legal in those though as you are not allowed to put large frame hammers in small frame revolvers.

Interesting, Smokestack.

I once owned a Single Six Bisley. Of course, it had the Bisley style hammer.

And Ruger makes (or has made) atleast 3 different sizes of frames and a few different sizes/styles of grip frames.

How would we know when these 'mix & match' parts are legal or illegal?

Thanks

..........Widder

Interesting, Smokestack.

I once owned a Single Six Bisley. Of course, it had the Bisley style hammer.

And Ruger makes (or has made) atleast 3 different sizes of frames and a few different sizes/styles of grip frames.

How would we know when these 'mix & match' parts are legal or illegal?

Thanks

..........Widder

I have no idea. It is a wierd rule. I am curious though why it was written in the first place. With a strange rule like that there almost has to be an interesting back story.

Those look super cool. I would not imagine that Boogie kits would be SASS legal in those though as you are not allowed to put large frame hammers in small frame revolvers.

It is my understanding the Boogie is making a kit for the small 32's now. Several months ago he bought a pair of 32's from me to design the kit.

Johnny Meadows

I gave Boogie several .32 hammers at Winter Range to cut up for experimentation. I just talked to him about ten minutes ago and he has no small frame short strokes yet.

Well Folks,

I got to shoot these pistolas a couple weeks ago and let me tell you they are indeed slick & well balanced. However, just cause I had them in my hands doesn't mean I could shoot like Widder. Who'd a thunk it?

Hasta Luego, Keystone

I'm guessing Wider is now an octagon jedi gunfighter. Especially since that 14 second stage last weekend. That was an amazing feat getting between shooting positions. Positions were 10 yds apart and moving between position (4 of them) all while carrying an egg in a teaspoon. Without those pistols probably couldn't be done that fast. Since they also create great balance in the holsters.

Well, maybe it was a stand and deliver but the story paid well.

I saw these little gems in action today.

Didn't get a real good look...just a couple quick peeks. Mostly a blurry, indistinct flash.

Nice guns, Widder...and great shooting today!

Jackalope

I saw these little gems in action today.

Didn't get a real good look...just a couple quick peeks. Mostly a blurry, indistinct flash.

Nice guns, Widder...and great shooting today!

Jackalope

Thanks Jackalope.

And a hearty 'thanks' to you for some great stages and scenarios.

PLUS, the real entertainment for the day was watching TN Tombstone shoot OUTLAW like he does and also watching YOU belch out fire and smoke with those hefty BP .45's of yours.

If there is ever a shortage of BP, its because Jackalope has it all cases up in his .45 cases.... :o

..........Widder

Howdy Widder;

Best looking Rugers' I ever seen ...

Too bad you can't take them to Canada to shoot with me ....

Barrels are to short ....

Jabez Cowboy

Archived