SASS Wire Forum

Why is the dress code not enforced

Two Gun Montana

Is rolling up my pants legs to get some sun on these lilly white chicken legs out also??? Tell me it Ain't so !!! :D Of course here in the desert, we like to keep covered so the sun doesn't BBQ your hide!

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why would rolled up long sleeves be illegal, why would you wonder that? I suppose you think folks shooting B Western should not roll up ther jeans like John Wayne did in his movies?

My thinking was as long sleeves are required, I figured the rule makers wanted them down. I guess I wuz wrong.

Back to the question, yes the rules are generally enforced. As usual, there are some exceptions based on injury or other infirmaty.

Asking questions is fine. Just make sure to wear your asbestos shorts just in case. :wacko:

The original question by the original poster was legit. The SOG implications by hoss are what got him flamed. He does take it well enough:)

I know, I read through the thread this time. I just chose not to comment on that.

For the most part. A shirt ain't even required......... ;)

LG

Hmmmm, maybe I'll cut the sleeves off of an old shirt, and put them on, hold them up with garters.....

And trust me, if you guys see me without a shirt, all will all be rushing to the bid/tall store to buy me one!

And has anybody ever seen a tall only guy in a big/tall store. They ought to just call them big store :)

I've never saw a shooter anywhere near tha top that wasn't toeing tha line! Bar none, even tha Flordia guys :ph34r::wub: . Tha closer you get to 1st tha stronger tha microscope.

Course if Campo had came in 155 outa 158 I doubt this post woulda been here.

I had a guy ask my Ex wife once, why does Ray wear chaps an such? Answer was cause someone told him he could not win wearing them!

If Sass did away with clothing rules 95% would dress tha same an tha other 5% would bitch no matter what.

RRR

Hmmmm, maybe I'll cut the sleeves off of an old shirt, and put them on, hold them up with garters.....

And trust me, if you guys see me without a shirt, all will all be rushing to the bid/tall store to buy me one!

And has anybody ever seen a tall only guy in a big/tall store. They ought to just call them big store :)

That's not a shirt, shirts have to have long sleeves.

Tell everydangbody that it's a 'vest'.........

LG

Allow me to add......Wow! :rolleyes:

I'm somewhat sure SOG applies to how a competitor shoots a stage. If he tries to "game" it in such a way as to gain a competetive advantage THAT is a Spirit of the Game penalty. I don't see rolled up sleeves fitting this description.

(But I've been wrong before.)

Perhaps his not getting heatstroke due to extra cooling gives him an advantage over those who kept sleeves rolled down and became heat casualties

Of course I am being rediculous. If the rule book says long sleeve shirts, with sleeves rolled down and cuff buttoned we have an issue should one roll up their sleeves, stating competitor must wear a long sleeve shirt does not prevent one from rolling up said sleeves.

Would a new terminology apply here? ....... Short Stroked Sleeves...... hehehhe

Hey CAMPO, I know you're following this thread. Soooooo, is you coming down to GA in two weeks?

..........Widder

I roll up my cuffs, 3 folds, no matter what the weather. It just feels better, to me.

And anyone who has seen me shoot will tell you... it don't make you faster!!

:D

I've never saw a shooter anywhere near tha top that wasn't toeing tha line! Bar none, even tha Flordia guys :ph34r::wub: . Tha closer you get to 1st tha stronger tha microscope.

Course if Campo had came in 155 outa 158 I doubt this post woulda been here.

I had a guy ask my Ex wife once, why does Ray wear chaps an such? Answer was cause someone told him he could not win wearing them!

If Sass did away with clothing rules 95% would dress tha same an tha other 5% would bitch no matter what.

RRR

That right there is fact!

That's not a shirt, shirts have to have long sleeves.

Tell everydangbody that it's a 'vest'.........

LG

A hair vest! I guess I could go B western, call it a wooly vest!

Hoo-rah!

We've killed another perfectly good pony. Now lets get to some important matters, like a out of the box stock gun category, or the perfect powder/load using 125gr. bullets in .45LC.

Hoo-rah!

We've killed another perfectly good pony. Now lets get to some important matters, like a out of the box stock gun category, or the perfect powder/load using 125gr. bullets in .45LC.

I need an old fat man, can't see, can't hear, category......

I need an old fat man, can't see, can't hear, category......

You'd still have LOTS of competition.

I have an idea:

lets make the targets smaller and set them further away to help 'level the playing field'..... :ph34r:

..........Widder

Been there, done that, it's just as Reynold named Phillip on Survivor last nite, a "fun sponge"; don't forget the 10-second miss penalty.

Tha closer you get to 1st tha stronger tha microscope.

-Red River Ray SASS 33254

Had a pretty good shooter tell me a long time ago - "No one will care what you do - until you beat them"

It was true then, it is true today.

I shoot so fast that my sleeves gradually creep up my arms...

I've never saw a shooter anywhere near tha top that wasn't toeing tha line! Bar none,

RRR

I'll have to disagree with ya on that one pard. My desire to play the game witin the rules has always outweighed my desire to win. When I started my mentor Fireball told me you have to figure out what you are willing to do to win. He told me some examples of things he refused to do that were borderline. I adopted his mindset and have not regretted it.

I understand what RRR was thinking when he posted that answer Deuce. I think he meant that the top shooters are always going to be correct with the rules.

I also agree with you on your posting and I would also say that shooters such as yourself have always obeyed the rules from day one.

If you want to beat a top shooter then don't go looking for a rule breaker. Make yourself better the same way they did. Work as hard as possible by Perfect Practice!! If you have to resort to complaining then you will never understand. Later Fairshake

While winning might be important how you win is more important. How you lose is perhaps most important of all. This is not a game in which you beat anyone. This is a game played between your ears and where you may place determined by your natural talent, how hard you train and wether the range angle whizzes in your fire lock.

Hey CAMPO, I know you're following this thread. Soooooo, is you coming down to GA in two weeks?

Although it sounds like fun, I'm not gonna be able to. I've got final exams that I can't miss, unfortunately.

Hi Hoss,

It is legal.

Beware, this may turn into one of "those" topics that can result in strong words.

Regards,

Allie Mo

PS Looking at the clock to see how long it takes before...

Thanks for being the "voice of reason" Allie; I was about to go off on that guy.

Guest Tennessee Stud, SASS# 43634 Life

Why is the dress code not enforced

Cause most shooters don't wear dresses.

ts

Archived