SASS Wire Forum

Are Jennings Bryco 380s any good?

Irish Pat

They tend to be on the low end of the .380's both in quality and reliability. Not a gun I would use for anything but a range gun

Pard please listen to me !

STAY AWAY JUNK ! :blink:

They tend to be on the low end of the .380's both in quality and reliability. Not a gun I would use for anything but a range gun

Chantry is being very kind in his description of Jennings. Adios Sgt. Jake

Great Gun...sell anything you have to obtain it....all your other guns, house, the kids, car, motorcycle, gold....what ever it takes

NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wyatt

Had a Jennings 22 long ago. If I had a dollar for every full magazine that cycled through it without a jam, I wouldn't have enough to buy a pack of crackers from a vending machine. JENNING = JUNK !!

P.S. I use something heavier for my trot lines.

Years ago there was a guy named Lorcin Jennings that wanted to get in the gun manufacturing business. He started two companies to make guns, one was the Lorcin and the other the Jennings, Both a pile of crap.

I have an old Jennings semi-auto .22 that I bought back in the 60's. I'm waiting for some city around here to offer a gun buy back program so I can dump it on them. :)

A lady I work with offered to sell me her Jennings Bryco 380, I have never had anything like that ..are they any good? irish Pat sass 19486

They have one major flaw, they're not heavy enough to be a boat anchor.

IMHO

Randy

I think that this is the first post that I have ever seen that is 100% in agreement.

NO!

Don't cut corners when purchasing a gun that needs to fire when you need it to fire. These are NOT that gun.

Snakebite

...had one back a few years ago... .380. I had jam issues constantly, and rather than sell it again, I carefully placed it in a bucket and poured it full of concrete. The Jennings/Bryco .380 now serves me well as a boat anchor.

I've never owned one, but if I'm understanding the opinions stated here, apparently you can have them nickle plated and have a shiny POS. Just trying to be the eternal optimist here. :D

Okay, here's a positive thought: Never have I seen the Wire in such harmonious agreement. :D

I have a Chrome J-22, works good for Rat Killin! Also got a couple of Possums with it.

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd133/LoneRiderLeather/MVC-411S.jpg

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd133/LoneRiderLeather/MVC-105S.jpg

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd133/LoneRiderLeather/MVC-153S.jpg

There are was to make them work. Would I depend on it to save my life....NO.

If you can get it to fire two shots before it jams, you got a good one.

Offer her $20, and then wait for a buy-back and trade it in for the $100 worth of Big Mac coupons.

That's for sure. A friuend of mine had one. I called it a bangclick because that's what it did every time. :rolleyes:

Buy it cheap then the next time a local PD is doing a "gun buy back" trade it in and profit!

I have a Jennings 22 that I traded a 20.00 CPU for, that I am waiting to trade in. It's not like you are giving them real guns.

Lefty the only reason NOT to do that is you're supporting "anti-gun" policies.

Please everyone refrain from selling guns to cities "buy back" programs. Yer just advancing their anti-gun policies.

Like was said buy it fer $25 and take it to a gun show and sell it for $75 or whatever. Just MHO, Rye

My 9mm Lorcin has never missed a lick. But I can't figure out how to break it down for a good cleaning so it just sits. I heard most of the good ones were stolen off the line while being tested. Bad neighborhood for building guns I guess.

Cash

:)

Howdy... we live in a seafood rich environment.... ocean, bay(s) and rivers. The Chesapeake Blue Crab is famous as a food source.... shipped across the country and highly prized. We catch them by placing wire cages with a piece of chicken in it, attached to a line and float held in place at the bottom of the water by a weight. The BRYCO makes an excellent 'crab' weight and as such I can recommend the BRYCO as just that.... a Crab Weight.

While in the gun business for years, I saw several of these crab weights have catastrophic failures.... one going full auto when the slide was dropped.

Your Pard, Deacon Will (Expert in consumable seafood)

:lol::);):P:DB)

Archived