SASS Wire Forum

Prayer Posse for My Dad updated 2024May12

Posted (edited)

My dad is having open heart surgery Thursday morning to remove an Atrial Myxoma

Surgeon says that it’s a simple surgery but dad is pretty worried. 

Will post an update after he gets out of surgery. 

Edited by Sedalia Dave
  • Like 5

:ph34r:  To a heart surgeon, of course it's a simple procedure.  To us, it's the first time someone opened up our heart.........  and seems anything but simple.

I'll pray the Master Healer will guide the thoughts and hands of the medical personnel that the outcome will be positive.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

O Lord Jesus Christ our God, Who did patiently endure the scourging and wounding of Your most holy Body, that You might save the souls and bodies of Your people, look graciously, we beseech You, upon the suffering body of this Your servant and give him strength to endure patiently whatsoever You shall see fit to lay upon him. Bless the means employed for the working out of his cure, granting that he  may so endure his sufferings in the flesh that the wounding of his body may be to avail for the correcting and salvation of his soul, for Yours it is to show mercy and to save, O Christ our God; and to You do we send up Glory, as to Your Eternal Father and Your All‑Holy, Good and Life‑creating Spirit, both now and ever, and to the ages of ages. Amen.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Prayers heading up SD for your Dad to have a successful surgery and a quick and complete healing.

Eyesa

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Praying that your Dad will find comfort from his worries through GOD, who will be guiding the surgeon.

A speedy recovery is prayerfully requested as well.

• Like 2

Praying for a very uneventful and successful surgery and rapid and complete healing!   SB

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Praying here

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yeah!!  I’m all in on this one!

May God guide the hands of the surgeons and bring fast healing and comfort to your dad!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

O Lord Jesus Christ our God, Who did patiently endure the scourging and wounding of Your most holy Body, that You might save the souls and bodies of Your people, look graciously, we beseech You, upon the suffering body of this Your servant and give him strength to endure patiently whatsoever You shall see fit to lay upon him. Bless the means employed for the working out of his cure, granting that he  may so endure his sufferings in the flesh that the wounding of his body may be to avail for the correcting and salvation of his soul, for Yours it is to show mercy and to save, O Christ our God; and to You do we send up Glory, as to Your Eternal Father and Your All‑Holy, Good and Life‑creating Spirit, both now and ever, and to the ages of ages. Amen.

Amen and Amen!

• Like 3

• Sedalia Dave changed the title to Prayer Posse for My Dad updated 2024May9

Thanks for the thoughts and prayers. Surgeon just let us know that everything went smoothly. He will be in ICU until tomorrow. Should be awake and able to talk tomorrow afternoon. 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 3

Thanks for the update SD. Prayer for quick healing to continue 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Extra good news!!  Prayers continue for full and speedy recovery!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Still praying here

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, Bad Bascomb, SASS # 47,494 said:

(and by the way, said it exactly right!) -- "To a heart surgeon, of course it's a simple procedure.  To us, it's the first time someone opened up our heart.........  and seems anything but simple."

Standing up on my knees for the man, and delighted at your after action report!

Edited by Linn Keller, SASS 27332, BOLD 103
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Will Kane said:

Say, Dave. Just out of curiosity, if you don’t mind me asking, how old is your Pa?

84, he'll be 85 on the 28th.

• Like 4

• Sedalia Dave changed the title to Prayer Posse for My Dad updated 2024May10

Didn't remove dad from the ventilator until noon today. He had a rough day and is having a lot of pain.  Pretty sure it's his back causing all the pain. He had to lay on his back because of the ventilator and because of a previous cancer surgery he never lays on his back.

Didn't go to the hospital today as he needs his rest. Going to go first thing in the morning. Hopefully he'll be in less pain.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

‘Nother round of prayers outgoing!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Prayers continuing up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I haven't been online much and just noticed this. I will keep your dad, you and your family in my thoughts and meditations.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

More prayers for your dad and you 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Being on the vent is uncomfortable as hell, and I'm being polite here.

Been there, done that, standing up on my knees for your dear Pappy's healing!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Still praying for you all.

• Thanks 1