SASS Wire Forum

Flannel shirts $$$

Rye Miles #13621

This was at a higher end retailer, Dilliards, completely insane it’s not even quilt lined!

Not on sale either!

IMG_3468.jpeg

Yep, checked out a nice flannel at Farm Way several years back. Was so comfy until I flipped the tag, $154!!! Are you efin kidding me I said and hung it back up! Gawd!

19 minutes ago, Colorado Coffinmaker said:

Good Grief Charlie Brown!!

Duluth Traiding Co has flannel shirts on sale for 40 bucks.  Regularly 50 bucks.  Even in Rye sizes for 40 bucks.

My size is L or XL not 4X like you!:P

I bought one last week at JC Penny’s for $23!

It's probably because they are fashionable now. The cool kids - the hipsters - like to wear them.

And whenever anything is in fashion, the price goes through the roof.

8 minutes ago, Alpo said:

It's probably because they are fashionable now. The cool kids - the hipsters - like to wear them.

And whenever anything is in fashion, the price goes through the roof.

I’m not a hipster or fashionable and I wear em in fall and winter. Like I said I bought one at Penney’s last week for $23! 

11 minutes ago, Chief Rick said:

And none of them are made in the USA...

That’s right not a one!!

The one I just bought was made in Nicaragua, I have a couple made in Bangladesh !

Boy, glad I still have two or three fairly new quilted liner ones, we don't have the opportunity to wear them much in Florida. Now, whether or not they still fit is another story! Might have shrunk a little bit over the last year.:rolleyes:

Bummer.  I grew up wearing Pendleton Shirts.  The shirts lasted near forever.  The base fabric is still made at Pendleton Mills in Oregon, but the fabric is then shipped to Mexico and Central America where the actual shirts are now made.  I don't buy Pendleton shirts anymore.

I hate buying that crap from somewhere overseas. I just bought a light weight zip up hoodie for those mild fall days. It was toted as American made. B.S. after some research I found that they were made in China. Cheap arse thread. I only wore it twice before the pockets started to rip away from the garment.

I also bought a pair of Wrangler shorts from the Walmart online site. Size 32   When I got them, they were marked as size thirty two but were actually about a size 36. And the back pockets you could even put your wallet in, as well as the front pockets were only about 2 /12 inches deep. Yup, they were made in China. Except for Duluth and one or two others places I won’t buy online anymore.

They are just keeping up with those $100,000 Ford trucks I see on the lots these days.
Interestingly enough, in these days of Bidenflation, Kirkland decaf coffee is fully $3 per pound lower than it was at its peak half a year ago.

I have 12 3# cans stockpiled in the garage, all of which I paid more than what I paid yesterday at Costco.

Good coffee, too.
100% Arabica decaf.

20 hours ago, Cypress Sun said:

Boy, glad I still have two or three fairly new quilted liner ones, we don't have the opportunity to wear them much in Florida. Now, whether or not they still fit is another story! Might have shrunk a little bit over the last year.:rolleyes:

Last time I saw you, you still looked still the same height.

6 hours ago, bgavin said:

They are just keeping up with those $100,000 Ford trucks I see on the lots these days.
Interestingly enough, in these days of Bidenflation, Kirkland decaf coffee is fully $3 per pound lower than it was at its peak half a year ago.

I have 12 3# cans stockpiled in the garage, all of which I paid more than what I paid yesterday at Costco.

Good coffee, too.
100% Arabica decaf.

I need to try some of that coffee, but the leaded version.  Been pretty happy with most of the Kirkland stuff and Folgers is getting pretty pricey.

Same price, I think

We grind our own Hazelnut leaded from WinCo, then mix 1:5 as leaded:decaf.
I have to drink straight decaf after heart bypass.

Winco brand coffee is cheapest of all in leaded.
Check the labels, some of it is 100% Arabica.

3 hours ago, Marshal Dan Troop 70448 said:

Horizontal increase as one gets older, cushions the falls one has and why its harder to get up.

So, you on your last belt hole already?

Nope...not since I made an extension for the belt.:D:ph34r:

All hope is not lost. :D

20231016_123728.jpg

20231016_123821.jpg

Archived