SASS Wire Forum

Dust cover detent ball

Just leave the dust cover off!

"BALLS" said the queen, For I have none.  Had I but two, I'd be KING and twouldn't that be FUN. :D

Just couldn't help myself. :)

No, but I could use a '73 Right Side Side Plate.  :ph34r:

JB      The ball mikes out at ,137 (3,5 mm)    Although I think an 1/8 would work.      GW

8 hours ago, Hoss said:

Thats what I did! :D

Hugs!

Scarlett

8 hours ago, Hoss said:

4 minutes ago, Scarlett said:

Thats what I did! :D

Hugs!

Scarlett

Mr. Barleycorn is in the business of selling firearms. I'll just bet that he doesn't want to sell an incomplete gun.B)

I was cleaning my '73 in the garage and the indent ball flew out. I heard it hit the drywall ceiling and bounce once off the concrete floor. I looked for that damn thing for an hour. Near the end of the hour, I was letting a few swear words out (okay, more than a few), kind of loud. My gal came out to see what I was cussing about, so I told her about the little ball that was 1/2 the size of a BB. She looked down, bent over, picked something up and said "You mean this?" You guessed it, it was the ball...she had found it in less than 30 seconds.

I have heard of people using a piece of steel shot...but I can't remember what size

On 8/17/2023 at 6:50 PM, Cypress Sun said:

Mr. Barleycorn is in the business of selling firearms. I'll just bet that he doesn't want to sell an incomplete gun.B)

I was cleaning my '73 in the garage and the indent ball flew out. I heard it hit the drywall ceiling and bounce once off the concrete floor. I looked for that damn thing for an hour. Near the end of the hour, I was letting a few swear words out (okay, more than a few), kind of loud. My gal came out to see what I was cussing about, so I told her about the little ball that was 1/2 the size of a BB. She looked down, bent over, picked something up and said "You mean this?" You guessed it, it was the ball...she had found it in less than 30 seconds.

You ain't ever gonna hear the end of that one lol

When all else fails: VTI:

Item
Code
UB:240284

Description
Uberti Powder Cover Sphere (1873 LA, 1876)
Check Stock
Price
US$2.20

Quantity 

Archived