SASS Wire Forum

Anne Bancroft or Katherine Ross

Yul Lose

Mrs. Lose insists on us watching a movie on Sunday evening and she picked the Graduate. I know all of you folks have the hots for Ginger or Maryanne but let’s fast forward a bit to my teenage hormonal development. I thought Anne Bancroft was absolutely the best looking woman ever laying in that bathtub. Of course she was the first woman I ever seen laying  in a bathtub but that’s beside the point. All these years later I still think she’s pretty hot in that movie, Katherine Ross just seemed to first cousinish and not really someone to go crazy over. So how about it pards Anne or Katherine and why?

1 minute ago, Keystone, SASS # 47578 said:

Well, 

Guess I'm thinking, Ann Margret vs Raquel Welch. :wub:

Wrong movie.

Think I have to agree with Sam Elliot      Katherine Ross       GW

5 minutes ago, Tyrel Cody said:

I’d have to say Katherine Ross as I’m not even sure who Ann Bancroft is. And like GW mentioned, hard to argue with Sam Elliot.

Anne is Katherine’s mother, come on TC yer just a pup if you don’t know who Ann is.

1 minute ago, Yul Lose said:

Anne is Katherine’s mother, come on TC yer just a pup if you don’t know who Ann is.

I’m 44,  if not for a few westerns I probably wouldn’t even know who Katherine Ross is.

How is Anne, Katherine’s mother?

8 minutes ago, Tyrel Cody said:

I’m 44,  if not for a few westerns I probably wouldn’t even know who Katherine Ross is.

How is Anne, Katherine’s mother?

Rent yerself a copy of The Graduate and it will all make sense. Make a date night with Mrs. Cody and who knows you may end up in the bathtub with her pretending that she’s Mrs. Robinson.

In THE GRADUATE - a pretty lousy movie in my opinion - Ann played Kate's mama.

Katherine was dating Dustin Hoffman (Benjamin) and Ann (Mrs. Robinson) seduced him.

graduatecovre.0.jpg

1 minute ago, Alpo said:

In THE GRADUATE - a pretty lousy movie in my opinion - Ann played Kate's mama.

Katherine was dating Dustin Hoffman (Benjamin) and Ann (Mrs. Robinson) seduced him.

graduatecovre.0.jpg

What’s your point?

4 minutes ago, Yul Lose said:

Rent yerself a copy of The Graduate and it will all make sense. Make a date night with Mrs. Cody and who knows you may end up in the bathtub with her pretending that she’s Mrs. Robinson.

This sounds like solid plan!

12 minutes ago, Yul Lose said:

What’s your point?

I was answering Tyrel about how Ann could be Kate's mother.

You just happened to get your answer up before I did.

1 hour ago, Yul Lose said:

Mrs. Lose insists on us watching a movie on Sunday evening and she picked the Graduate. I know all of you folks have the hots for Ginger or Maryanne but let’s fast forward a bit to my teenage hormonal development. I thought Anne Bancroft was absolutely the best looking woman ever laying in that bathtub. Of course she was the first woman I ever seen laying  in a bathtub but that’s beside the point. All these years later I still think she’s pretty hot in that movie, Katherine Ross just seemed to first cousinish and not really someone to go crazy over. So how about it pards Anne or Katherine and why?

Ross, hands down.

13 minutes ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Ross, hands down.

A dusty old codger like yerself dissing Ann Bancroft?? The horror!!

Ross married Sam Elliot.

Bancroft married Mel Brooks........

so we have to give Ross credit for the best judgement anyway. :P

6 hours ago, Keystone, SASS # 47578 said:

Well, 

Guess I'm thinking, Ann Margret vs Raquel Welch. :wub:

You are showing your lack of age.

19 minutes ago, Imis Twohofon,SASS # 46646 said:

Am I the only person here who would consider a tryst with BOTH?  Come on, there are more pervs than that.

Imis

A gentleman never tells.:lol:

Katherine Ross gets my vote!

1244082571_KatherineRossasEttaPlace.jpg.142004edc8c6604af37354da24b3c4a5.jpg

Her role as Etta Place in "Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid" (1969) came just 2 years after her role in "The Graduate" (1967).

205783828_ButchCassidyandtheSundanceKid.thumb.jpg.c36e4f4807b6f3509c9ca9888cf994aa.jpg

It was in Butch Cassidy that she met her future husband Sam Elliott (which was his movie screen debut as an actor)

It also had the hit song "Raindrops Keep Falling on my Head", by BJ Thomas.

10 hours ago, Yul Lose said:

A dusty old codger like yerself dissing Ann Bancroft?? The horror!!

I ain't dissing nobody, just stating a preference.  And who are you calling a "dusty old codger"?  If it wasn't for the hat your picture could be a dust bunny with eyes.

:angry:  :lol:

"Dusty old codger" my aunt Fanny.  

12 hours ago, sassnetguy50 said:

Katherine Ross, Anne has an affinity for adultry.  I would not fight Sam Elliot for her.  Might be able to take Mel Brooks though.

Probably easier to take on Sam Elliot.  Brooks was a combat engineer in WWII.  He doesn't mention his service much, but defusing land mines and such in combat conditions makes for a tough man.

5 hours ago, Tex Jones, SASS 2263 said:

Probably easier to take on Sam Elliot.  Brooks was a combat engineer in WWII.  He doesn't mention his service much, but defusing land mines and such in combat conditions makes for a tough man.

Agreed, defusing ordinance in combat is probably tougher than airlift.   But- now Mel Brooks is 90 something with a belly.  I'll take those odds over an active 70's Sam Elliot.

Archived