SASS Wire Forum

:FlagAm: Anyone watch NCIS last night? Gibbs will be needing a new stock for his Dad's 73. Stop frame view of episode shows he broke it off dropping the truck on the villain.

He never shot it anyway, been hanging on the wall for 30 years.

He might not have, but Jack shot a crook with it. Season 7, episode 10, Faith. That's the one where the guy kills his brother, because brother has converted to Islam and is "shaming the family". Jack comes to visit Leroy for Christmas and freaks whenever he sees Leroy's gun. We finally find out it's because this is his first "up close and personal" kill. Shooting down an airplane ain't the same thing.

Only watched two episodes and that wa syears ago.

He shot down a helicopter with a Winchester 1876 in on episode. Did he also shoot down a plane?

Haven't watched it in awhile. Prairie Terri loves it though.

He shot down a helicopter with a Winchester 1876 in on episode. Did he also shoot down a plane?

Haven't watched it in awhile. Prairie Terri loves it though.

yeah, they were in NM on horseback and Tony was being a baby. Rifle was the local LEOs.

Jethro shot down the helicopter with the Sheriff's 1873, although the Sheriff called it a Henry.

My mention of "shooting down planes" was a reference to Jack. He was a fighter pilot in WW2. He killed lots of people. But shooting the robber, from a couple of feet away, was the first time he saw the blood, saw the pain, saw him pee his pants.

Of all the "Season Finales" last night, NCIS was the only one that didn't make me want to put both barrels through the Sony.

Did anybody notice the song at the end of the show, just before taps? Warren Zevon's Keep Me In Your Heart. The song was written just before Zevon passed away and he was able to record it for his last album, The Wind, just before his death.

Check it out if you're into music. Fabulous song and so well suited for the scene.

:FlagAm: Gibb's dad also used the 73 to stand off Al-A-Han-Dro's" (say It like Gibbs) sister when she confronted him in his store. Of course then her henchmen riddled the store with automatic weapons. Gibb's dad was smart enough to hide in the storm cellar.

Here is the scene.

Interesting, with automatic fire coming at him he takes time to adjust the peep site for range.

The rifle, which they called a Henry, has a blue receiver, which kinda makes it hard for me to thing it's either a Henry OR a 66.

I did love the way the gun has a FULLY ADJUSTABLE REAR SIGHT, yet it shoots to the right. Apparently the Sheriff, who is unable to pronounce DiNozzo, is also unable to comprehend the complexities of the rear sight.

Ziva...what a babe...hard to watch without her....Jim

Did anybody notice the song at the end of the show, just before taps? Warren Zevon's Keep Me In Your Heart. The song was written just before Zevon passed away and he was able to record it for his last album, The Wind, just before his death.

Check it out if you're into music. Fabulous song and so well suited for the scene.

Thanks for providing the name of that song....I did notice it and thought it very appropriate...but by the time the credits were rolling I was busy looking for a Kleenex (Taps always makes me bawl...) and didn't think to look if the song was listed.....

The most unrealistic “police” show on television pure bull shit

If I wanted realistic I'd watch the dealer's house across the street.

And yes, I too miss Ziva. Any idea what she is doing now?

It looks like she has been busy.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1580243/

I didn't realize she was in this. Has anyone watched this? If it's any good, I may have to look this up on Netflix.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1268970/?ref_=nm_knf_i2

The most unrealistic “police” show on television pure bull shit

You mean unlike Criminal Minds or better yet CSI where they can take a swab from a drop of sweat and have the suspect identified in less than a minute from a DNA match? Or Cop's where the one with the ride along camera dude goes to help out on a broken tail light traffic stop? Ain't TV wonderful about keeping all these shows "realistic"? It's called entertainment...well...some are..most aren't but i watch em anyway.

It looks like she has been busy.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1580243/

I didn't realize she was in this. Has anyone watched this? If it's any good, I may have to look this up on Netflix.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1268970/?ref_=nm_knf_i2

I've seen the second one, it is an interesting movie, lots of action, and eccentric characters. I enjoyed it.

On a rapidly closing target. Gibbs is the man!

Even so, I still like the series.

Me 'n' You, Pard!! Me 'n' You!!

You mean unlike Criminal Minds or better yet CSI where they can take a swab from a drop of sweat and have the suspect identified in less than a minute from a DNA match? Or Cop's where the one with the ride along camera dude goes to help out on a broken tail light traffic stop? Ain't TV wonderful about keeping all these shows "realistic"? It's called entertainment...well...some are..most aren't but i watch em anyway.

The problem is that the gullible public can’t understand why the real police can’t do what they see done on TV. If they actually did what TV portrays them doing they would all be doing long jail stretches. At least keep it somewhat real

The problem is that the gullible public can’t understand why the real police can’t do what they see done on TV. If they actually did what TV portrays them doing they would all be doing long jail stretches. At least keep it somewhat real

You mean you can't solve murders in an hour ??? :huh: :huh:

Most of what you see on these shows does exist and is doable in close to the time frame you see on TV, PROVIDED you have the resources, equipment, and MONEY to do it.

Most agencies don't have much of any of that....

We have to pick and choose which DNA gets processed for crimes, when because of limited funds, and then have to wait weeks or months for the county crime lab to to the work cuz we can't afford the equipment or the personnel....

I was in one of the DEA black helicopters a number of years ago and the public has no idea what money can get you..... The fed has plenty of it cuz they just print it.

Another show that is good is 'Person of Interest'...... seems far fetched but a large amount of what the show is about DOES exist but only for those with boatloads of cash...

I enjoy the crime shows because I am looking for entertainment, not reality. I get enough of that at work... It's nice to see the bad guys go down either way....

JJJ-D

:ph34r: :ph34r:

The day to day Police are out there doing their jobs and doing it well. TV is an entertainment entity and if half what happens on TV really happens, no one would watch it. I used to go on ride along's with a local PD where I was living usually on the graveyard shift. A few of the cops were good friends of mine. Most of the times it was boring as hell, but they kept doing what they were being paid to do, boring or not.

Can't believe NCIS isn't winding down.

I still watch it even though Ziva is gone but it's not the same.

The blonde (I forget her name) doesn't hold a candle to Ziva. :(

Also I thought the writers were tripping over themselves to figure out how they could let Blondie solve all the crimes in the first few episodes.

I miss the old team.

As to the rifle stock, sad but he can get another off Gunbroker and it was an inventive way to neutralize a threat. B)

Waimea

:FlagAm:

No, it is more like we are getting tired of it taking 8 cops to take down one perp, and then they gotta provide him one or 2 kicks in the head before they consider them subdued.

and I actually like the cops, have several friends, and it is a hard jb, but I made my living taking down mentally challenged folks. I can take any 2 of my staff and we can take the person down and tie them into a restraint chair, and we don't even have to hit or kick em on the wat down. I woud love to teach a few how to do it the proper way

and NCIS is one of my favorite shows, and it is TELEVISION, it don't have to be real life I got plenty of that on the job.

just my 2 cents

curley

Archived