SASS Wire Forum

Whats your favorite beer/beers

This is my first post here in the saloon. So whats your favorite beer/beers. I'll start Miller High life for every day drinking (yeah that sounds bad). Sierra Nevada Torpedo for when I feel like thinking about what I'm drinking. Founders Dirty Bastard when I'm out in my shop talking guns with some pards. And Blue Moon when I'm at the bar or out to dinner. fire away.

PS. I'm enjoying a Miller High life as I write this.

Duece! What took ya so long, son?!!?

Welcome aboard, all your drinks tonight are on me! Bottles, put them drinks on Flint McCloud's tab, if ya can pry it off the bottom of the stack!

I'm partial to Rolling Rock when I can find it on draft or Beck's pale when I can't.

Edit: Forgot Watney's Red Barrel, which I developed a fondness for when sailing the Mediterranean in 1971-'73 with Uncle Sam's Navy.

I had swore off Budweiser for decades, but an old classmate got me drinking Bud Light. Or Flat Tire or Sam Adams. And it'll take about a six pack to BBQ, some on the meat & some tenderizing me.

Barry Sloe

Lone Star.....

Pearl......

Or......

PBR !

Now, don't ask me about my likker taste...........Just dont ! :lol:

I like alot of 'em Deuce ~ just had Founders 'Double Trouble' and it was soooooo smooth - and rather effective :lol: (9.4% ABV)

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/1199/34146

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Welcome Deuce .

We like most of the same beers :lol:

Miller high life bottles is my every day beer .

Founders Pail Ail is my Fav. :wub:

About any beer by Sam Adams B)

My next fav beer is the one you are buying :huh:

I hope you kicked some cowboy but down in Florida :rolleyes:

Tell you all what I buy the next round , Just cause Deuce made it here :excl:

I prefer Scotch, then red wine.... but if I were to pick a beer it would be...........................what ever JJJ's is drinking cuz I can't drink a whole one so I get to have just enough from his.. lol.. Not too picky about my beer, but lite is not in my world of beer land so far.. lol

All beer is icky or yucky...just in varying degrees

but Welcome to the Saloon anyway

Oh, you should have had some of the brews a guy at our parish made. He taught brewing. And he stopped entering contests because it was pretty much no contest, if he entered, he won. People who didn't like beer lined up for seconds of his brews.

Guest Paniolo Cowboy SASS #75875

This is my first post here in the saloon. So whats your favorite beer/beers. I'll start Miller High life for every day drinking (yeah that sounds bad). Sierra Nevada Torpedo for when I feel like thinking about what I'm drinking. Founders Dirty Bastard when I'm out in my shop talking guns with some pards. And Blue Moon when I'm at the bar or out to dinner. fire away.

Howdy Deuce!

Like you, I enjoy Miller High Life - and I have for about 40 years. I've tried many beers over the years, but since I only have one working kidney - I don't like heavy beers or a lot of micro-brewery beers because they seem to wreck havoc on my kidney. I find that Miller High Life doesn't do that.

When I was in Baja doing some deep sea fishing back around 15 years ago, I took a liking to Pacifico. It's not bitter or heavy, and now and then I'll still have one if I'm out having Mexican food.

My wife likes Widmer Brothers Hefeweizen! She really enjoys it, and in all honesty she's the real beer person in our family.

Have a happy new year pard!

Deuce,

Welcome, used to drink a lot of Miller when I lived south of you in Indiana. That was many years ago. Now I like Alaskan Amber (and of course any free one). Also like most of the Micro Brews here in the northwest.

Welcome to the Saloon Deuce.

You pose an interesting question.

I guess my all time favorite beer is MOOSEHEAD,

Followed by Harp Larger, and then Weinhard's Pale ale.

Last summer I discovered Red Hook Blond, but for cutting

the grass on a hot day, just plain ole Miller Draft Gold or Bud.

Welcome Deuce! You shoot with great expertise, and we here seem to imbibe with great expertise! :rolleyes:

As mentioned above, the best beer is the next one that's FREE, but if it's hot and I've been out - it'll be a light lager or pilsner for me - Miller is great one for that, among others.

If it is winter or evening, I'll take a little more heft and taste. Guinness, Newcastle Brown Ale or several regional microbrews (when I'm on the road- I like to try local) hit the spot for me!

According to archaeologists, beer (in its various forms) is the oldest adult beverage known to man. It was used to both purify water and to preserve grain (carbs) - the buzz was a happy by-product.

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it! :)

Harvey

Sorry - Beer is just immature Scotch. Put it in the bedroom and let it grow up till it's at least 16 years old, then trot it back out.

SC

First things first,,,

This round is on me...and lift your glasses high for a new cowpoke in the Saloon! Prosit! Welcome, Duece!

I'm simply overwhelmed....I just read the Last Stand scores...you were the No 2 overall, and only 1.5 seconds off the #1 spot...and CLEAN!!! Man, I'll never shoot that good, but I have a great deal of admiration for those who do,,,and keep their hat size the same...amd from everything I hear, you're one of those!

As for beer, when I drank it, I went thru the usual procession of common American and German brews...but ended up with Leffe, a Belgian ale, with the thickest head I've ever seen, and the smoothest, purest flavor I ever tasted. For American beers, I'd go with Sam Adams Oktoberfest.

LL

Well, last July I had a doctor's appt and I looked at he scale and said "I can't go in like this" So I swore off beer and scheduled my appt for September. I'm down 20+ lbs since then.

In reality I think I've had 5 beers since then but they were all part of the job. I do some mystery shops occasionally and they usually require one drink. In that case I'll pick a Sam Adams.

So many beers, so little time!

Favorites depend on the season. In cool weather I like porters, bocks, doppel-bocks, dunkels, doppel-dunkels, & dark lagers. In really hot weather I like lagers & pilsners & amber ales.

Salud, dinero y amor!

eGG

According to archaeologists, beer (in its various forms) is the oldest adult beverage known to man. It was used to both purify water and to preserve grain (carbs) - the buzz was a happy by-product.

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it! :)

Harvey

There is evidence that beer existed before bread. And beer was one of the root causes of the first recorded labor strike. When Egyptian bean counters tried to cut the rations of beer and onions (the other root cause of the strike) in the Vally of the Kings, the workers walked out until the ration was restored.

Howdy Deuce... Welcome to the Saloon(ACS)...

I have a favorite saying that there is no beer to dark or a glass to big to put it in... As I live in the land of the micro-brew, my favorites are Terminator Stout (McMenamins), Tsunami Stout (Pelican), and as for things you can actually buy at a store (or such), Shakespeare Stout (do you see a pattern here...???), Obsidian Stout (Descuttes Brewery)... But I do like other things at other times of the year... Newcastle Nut Brown ale, Widmer Heff, and if it's ultra-hot, I don't mind a Corona with a lime... And don't let Bama Red trick you... my tab doesn't ever come off the bottom of the pile... :lol::lol::lol:

Vaya con Dios

Lone Star.....

Pearl......

Or......

PBR !

Now, don't ask me about my likker taste...........Just dont ! :lol:

Apache...what about Falstaff? That one fits right in with the ones you mentioned.

Negra Modelo, in a frosty mug.

As I posted in another thread a while back, alas, a year in Germany, and Oktoberfest, pretty much put me off American beers.

When I do drink beer I prefer a rich dark one. Negra Modela ain't bad or Dos Equis amber. A lot of the

boutique" beers made these days are just too weird for me.

Archived