Jump to content
SASS Wire Forum

Fox News


Recommended Posts

We may be too stupid to survive.

 

The dodo bird didn't learn either.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have no idea if that's correct, but I'm also pretty sure the U.S. Navy has more functional deployed attack submarines than there are enemy fleet carriers if the rest of the world was against us and all were combined, so I think we'll do okay.  Reference the other thread about the Battle of Midway.

 

Let that sink in for a minute: even if the only mission each of our attack submarines had was to sink one aircraft carrier of a foreign power, there would be more than one of them assigned to each carrier and they would literally be able to expend their entire load of torpedoes on just that one target.  We could literally make all the world's navies that aren't ours worse off than the post-Midway IJN using only our submarines to do so.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Colorado Coffinmaker said:

 

You don't really expect to get a correct, factual story out of FOX NEWS do ya??  Fat Chance.

 

Or any other so-called "News Source" whether it be left leaning, middle of the road (there isn't one), or right leaning. ;)

  • Like 1
  • Sad 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Colorado Coffinmaker said:

 

You don't really expect to get a correct, factual story out of FOX NEWS do ya??  Fat Chance.

Yep, you’re right. Murdoch made sure key positions are filled by leftists so, yes, their news is biased and inaccurate and untrustworthy in many instances. 
 

EDIT: You cannot trust any single news source. You need a variety of sources. 

Edited by Pat Riot
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Colorado Coffinmaker said:

 

You don't really expect to get a correct, factual story out of FOX NEWS do ya??  Fat Chance.


You mean like we would from the Communist News Network or the Hysterical Ladies’ Network?

 

Oh!!  And don’t forget:

 Media Subverted Now BCommies!

 

 

Edited by Blackwater 53393
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am trying out a new News Service called “1440”. Supposedly it’s news with no bias. I just signed up today, coincidentally.  
 

We’ll see…

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:


You mean like we would from the Communist News Network or the Hysterical Ladies’ Network?

 

Oh!!  And don’t forget:

 Media Subverted Now BCommies!

 

 

I happen to think CNN is as middle of the road more so than any of them.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

FACT:  There are no laws on the books related to honest broadcasting for ANY media source that is paid for, not freely broadcast over airwaves.  Ronald Reagan was the last politician to attempt to address fairness and accuracy in the media. Much has changed since then.  Media and politicians are legally allowed to lie and distort the truth for political gain.  Just the way it is.  

  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

To get back on 

14 hours ago, El Chapo said:

I have no idea if that's correct, but I'm also pretty sure the U.S. Navy has more functional deployed attack submarines than there are enemy fleet carriers if the rest of the world was against us and all were combined, so I think we'll do okay.  Reference the other thread about the Battle of Midway.

 

Let that sink in for a minute: even if the only mission each of our attack submarines had was to sink one aircraft carrier of a foreign power, there would be more than one of them assigned to each carrier and they would literally be able to expend their entire load of torpedoes on just that one target.  We could literally make all the world's navies that aren't ours worse off than the post-Midway IJN using only our submarines to do so.

I seriously doubt our attack subs are to sink enemy aircraft carriers. After all, how many of those are around? No, our attack subs are to go after other attack subs and especially enemy boomers, which they track and follow. An aircraft carrier has limited range; a boomer's attack range is probably like ours...about 6,000nm, at least! :ph34r:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

CNN is not leftist so much in how it reports on stories as it is in how it chooses stories to report on. Still Trump is fact-checked more often than Biden. At least both are fact checked. Editorials are rarely conservative. Guns are bad. Global warming mentioned as often as possible. Republicans not cooperating with Democrats to pass bi-partisan legislation (but not the other way around).

 

NPR is far left (progressive) on both counts, FOX is nearly as far to the right.

 

BBC is a bit left, and best read on the UK site rather than the US feed. In the UK, BBC is considered conservative, the UK middle is more to the left.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Our Son is going to be real disappointed to hear that, as he spent nearly all 2022, and last half of 2023 in the Pacific on a LHA or LDP. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, Trailrider #896 said:

To get back on 

I seriously doubt our attack subs are to sink enemy aircraft carriers. After all, how many of those are around? No, our attack subs are to go after other attack subs and especially enemy boomers, which they track and follow. An aircraft carrier has limited range; a boomer's attack range is probably like ours...about 6,000nm, at least! :ph34r:

 

A submarine was responsible for sinking Japan's largest aircraft carrier in WW II, the Shinano:

 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_aircraft_carrier_Shinano

 

To submariners, there are two types of ships: submarines and targets.

 

Without fleet carriers there is no force projection.  They are really all that matters if we're talking about making war on the other side of the vast oceans that protect us.

 

Enemy boomers are irrelevant to tactical war discussion; they are strategic weapons only.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Pb Mark said:

FACT:  There are no laws on the books related to honest broadcasting for ANY media source that is paid for, not freely broadcast over airwaves.  Ronald Reagan was the last politician to attempt to address fairness and accuracy in the media. Much has changed since then.  Media and politicians are legally allowed to lie and distort the truth for political gain.  Just the way it is.  

Point for Pb Mark. 
 

Folks gotta remember that throughout history, any organization presenting itself as “news” has only two overriding goals…

 

1. To express the owner’s opinion and influence society to their favor. 


2. To make enough money to continue expressing those opinions while supporting the owner’s lifestyle. 

 

Honesty?  Integrity?  Fair?  Objective?  Balanced?  Unless they support Goals 1 or 2 above, you won’t find them in the news. 
 

My personal practice is to build my own suite of sources to “balance” my intake. New York Times, BBC, and Al Jazeera English have me covered every morning. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Colorado Coffinmaker said:

Gotta remember, BLACKWATER is on just a LITTLE Opinionated.  Really simple.  Doesn't like anything not FAR RIGHT


 

YES!!  I am more than just “a LITTLE opinionated” as a matter of FACT!!

 

Right, left, or ambidextrous, correct and proper is where I try to stay!  

It has NOTHING to do with political leaning or political labels. 
It has EVERYTHING to do with the right thing for the most people so long as it doesn’t hurt the rest of us!!

 

The main thing is that they report the news.  Leave the commentary and opinions out of it!!

 

I seldom watch any of it! I read a lot and try to filter out the lies and bias!  They ALL lie to suit their agenda.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Colorado Coffinmaker said:

 

You don't really expect to get a correct, factual story out of FOX NEWS do ya??  Fat Chance.

They are more accurate than any other news source as far as I can see. The reason they are considered “far right “ is because the others like CNN, ABC, CBS , MSNBC are so far left that compared to them they seem FAR right. I know FOX does lean right but on their opinion shows they have a lot a voices on the other side which is more than you can say about the lefty stations. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It is simply human nature to choose a favorite media source based on agreement with their propaganda.  We all like our guns, so I'll assume most of us gravitate to FOX.  The most accurate piece of FOX for me at least is mornings on FOX LIVE NOW when they broadcast live government briefings instead of their commentary.  

 

FOX, MSNBC. CNN etc. are all registered with the FCC as media entertainment businesses last time I checked.  

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Much as I enjoy yanking on Blackwater's chain, I have to agree with his reply to my quip.  Unfortunately for ALL of us, Right, Left, Middle or Who Cares, current Politics and politicians SUCK.  I am some sick of having the media, right, left or who cares, shoving the LGBTQ crap down my throat.  There are only TWO genders.  Male and Female.  Girls don't compete against Boys and boys don't compete against Girls.  It's that simple.  I'm also sick and tired of ALL the "Oh Poor Me" coverage of that .001% trying to hold the rest hostage to their "pronouns."

 

I better quit before I wind up in Wire Jail.

 

PS:  Just read Pb Mark's commentary.  That's called hitting the nail on the head.  ALL of our broadcast media are FCC registered as ENTERTAINMENT.  They ALL want to sell commercial time even if they have to lie, cheat, steal or debate The Earth is Flat.

Edited by Colorado Coffinmaker
needed to agree with Pb Mark & Blackwater
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Much as I enjoy baiting Coffinmaker, we agree on far more than we disagree on.

 

Anyone can get my seal of approval!  Ya’s just gotta do what is right and sometimes what is necessary.

 

I dislike cowardice in all its forms and I vehemently distrust expediency!!

 

CC does stand up for what he believes and even if we don’t agree, I don’t discount his opinion.  I don’t share his position on some things, but we’re both looking for what we feel is right.

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Colorado Coffinmaker said:

Much as I enjoy yanking on Blackwater's chain, I have to agree with his reply to my quip.  Unfortunately for ALL of us, Right, Left, Middle or Who Cares, current Politics and politicians SUCK.  I am some sick of having the media, right, left or who cares, shoving the LGBTQ crap down my throat.  There are only TWO genders.  Male and Female.  Girls don't compete against Boys and boys don't compete against Girls.  It's that simple.  I'm also sick and tired of ALL the "Oh Poor Me" coverage of that .001% trying to hold the rest hostage to their "pronouns."

 

I better quit before I wind up in Wire Jail.

 

PS:  Just read Pb Mark's commentary.  That's called hitting the nail on the head.  ALL of our broadcast media are FCC registered as ENTERTAINMENT.  They ALL want to sell commercial time even if they have to lie, cheat, steal or debate The Earth is Flat.

 

12 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

Much as I enjoy baiting Coffinmaker, we agree on far more than we disagree on.

 

Anyone can get my seal of approval!  Ya’s just gotta do what is right and sometimes what is necessary.

 

I dislike cowardice in all its forms and I vehemently distrust expediency!!

 

CC does stand up for what he believes and even if we don’t agree, I don’t discount his opinion.  I don’t share his position on some things, but we’re both looking for what we feel is right.

 

And I agree with both of ya's.

 

In my best Slim Pickins voice "Now what in tarnation is the World comin' to.":PB)

Edited by Cypress Sun
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Pb Mark said:

It is simply human nature to choose a favorite media source based on agreement with their propaganda.  We all like our guns, so I'll assume most of us gravitate to FOX.  The most accurate piece of FOX for me at least is mornings on FOX LIVE NOW when they broadcast live government briefings instead of their commentary.  

 

FOX, MSNBC. CNN etc. are all registered with the FCC as media entertainment businesses last time I checked.  

Brett Baier at 6:00 est Special Report is also a good news source at least for the first half hour.

The second half hour is mostly  commentary with both sides fairly represented. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Don't know how it is now but The Christian Science Monitor used to report both sides and allow the reader to decide.

 

I wrote a term paper on the CS Monitor back around 2001. It was one of the least biased US news sources I could find.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

A very long time ago, they even had a storefront office in the small town I was raised in.  It had a free lending library.  Haven't checked back in decades, but last contact was not as I remembered in terms of neutrality.  Thanks for the memory, I'll have to give it a look

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I gave up on listening, watching, reading pretty much all news except for The Epoch Times. I have their app and receive Headline emails from them. They focus a lot on China as well as US news. 
I no longer listen to AM talk radio or NPR. I didn’t listen to NPR too often, maybe for short periods once or twice a week up until a couple of years ago. I couldn’t take their “city-head” blather.


City-Head is a term I came up with working in public transit agencies and working with and interacting with personnel from other public agencies. This included people from other large agencies like New York, Chicago, Atlanta, Houston, Portland, Charlotte and others. These people also work on Federal Agencies that I interacted with regularly. 

These are people that live and literally spend all their time in cities. Their point of view is completely PC and bears no semblance to the Constitution in any way except the First Amendment. Big Brother is their guide as long as Big Brother acknowledges their collective concerns. Most are book smart, but not really intelligent. 
Boy, am I getting into the weeds. Enough of that. 

My bottom line is I got to the point I didn’t trust any news agency. They’re all corrupt to some degree. They ALL have an agenda. I tolerate Epoch Times because I know their agenda. It’s not really about manipulating things in the U.S. It’s more about religious and human rights in China. 

 

I despise manipulators. I hate them. I mean I truly hate them. I grew up with a small time con-man and manipulator. It was my Dad. I learned from him and his crooked friends all about taking advantage of people and conning money out of them. They were like a pack of American Gypsies. Always scheming. Always. One day after graduating high school but still being underage at 17 I packed my stuff and left. 
I guess I kind of did the same with mainstream news and television. I watch Amazon, Paramount+ and Netflix. 
My wife and I drove cross country in my Miata. I am in CA now. Each night the hotel TVs had normal cable channels with 10-12 minutes of a show and 5-6 minutes of commercials. How can anyone watch that crap? I sure can’t.  Thank goodness I have an iPhone and unlimited data. :D
 

Edited by Pat Riot
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Okay I’m a fan of Fox, all I can say is I see news stories on there that I don’t see anywhere else and I’ve never found any of them to be false or fake. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Irish Pat said:

Fox has the most good looking blondes

Yes they do! Brunettes as well!:wub:

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Whichever news source you like, the reason you like it is because they tell you the things you want to believe. You still need multiple sources so it's a good idea to watch more than one even if you don't like it, just because they all leave out different things. Besides, if you do that, you'll get better at picking apart the arguments that don't make sense!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I got my first emailed news letter from 1440 Daily Digest. So far I like it. So far…

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Pat!!  Give it a few weeks and report back,  PLEASE??

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.