SASS Wire Forum

Mag dump because of acorn.

I waz gonna say "Take Hi Gun" and put him onna really small desk back inna corner.  But he resigned.  Good riddance.  The other officer who opened fire, with no clue what he/she was firing at also needs to go to the same small desk inna corner.  STUPID.

Some lucky neither one of them managed to hit anything other than maybe the vehicle.

In all fairness, my daughter and I have both had squirrels drop acorns on us when we were deer hunting. Although we never launched a round back, we really wanted to.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

I couldn’t figure out why Cop #1 thought it was a shot fired or what hit him to make him think he had been shot?

A freakin’ acorn or even pine cones hitting the roof of a car or truck just sounds like what it was, not gun fire.

Did you see the post in the video that said officer #1 resigned during the investigation?

In the news article I read, cop number one thought that it was a silenced gunshot. They were there at a domestic disturbance, and the guy that they arrested and had in the car had threatened his girlfriend by showing her a picture of a silenced pistol.

So I guess that was on his brain when he heard the noise.

I still haven't figured out why he thinks he was shot.

After explaining it all to internal affairs, they showed him the film from the dash camera, with the acorn landing on the hood.

And he resigned, most likely from embarrassment.

His partner did not resign. But I believe she needed to be fired. He yells SHOTS FIRED, and she draws her gun and does a mag dump at the car, and when she has fired off 10 or 12 shots or however many she had in their gun she then asks her partner, WHERE ARE THEY?

Where are they??????

Just who in the hell were you shooting at woman, if you don't know where they were?

They need to fire her. But so far they haven't.

• Like 5

I can remember growing up in NW Missouri, 

My bedroom was over the back porch, the porch had a tin roof. Just on the other side of the porch was a black walnut tree.

During the fall, I'd listen to those black walnuts hitting that tin roof. Some were pretty darned loud, but I never thought any of them were gunshots.

• Like 3

How do you threaten someone by showing them a picture of a gun?

He did a tuck and roll wearing his duty belt, likely bruised himself or got hit with his brass.

And why unload on the car tailgate? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Texas Joker said:

How do you threaten someone by showing them a picture of a gun?…

The same way School Administrators feel threaten when a elementary student bites a Pop Tart into the shape of a gun?

https://foxbaltimore.com/news/local/35-years-later-pop-tart-gun-suspension-resolved#

Edited by Matthew Duncan
Link added
  • Like 3

Cop #1 quits...before his dumb ass gets fired.

Cop #2 dumps before establishing a reason to shoot and even after the dump...still doesn't know where or what the threat actually is. She should be fired.

Oak tree #1 still at large, armed and dangerous. Poor tree risked life and limb just to propagate the species.

Lucky no bystanders got hit but I'm sure that there's bullet holes in private property.

Edited by Cypress Sun
  • Like 2

The issue is, that there are times that you can be scared as a LEO in serious situations and perform, but you can't be scared all the time and do the job.  Inevitably crash and burn.  Been there as a young man.

• Like 3

I'm not making excuses for this goober.  He should find another occupation.  However, in his defense, the police academy and training units do everything they can to wind up officers with the officer survival mindset.  It's a constant barrage of, this is how this officer got killed because they got sloppy or used poor officer survival tactics.  It a challenge to get the officers to think clearly and calmly when in high stress situations and maintain the ability to evaluate threats correctly and act within policy.  Obviously, this officer failed at this.  

• Like 1