SASS Wire Forum

What Is It With Lazy People (Grumble, Grumble)

What is with lazy people these days.  We have had two instances of real laziness where items were damaged.  As I was leaving for work this morning, I found a large envelope propped up under a palm tree next to the drive.  It had obviously been there a couple of days.  It was a congratulations achievement gift from my company, ruined by the drizzle from the last couple of days.  Uno was walking through the front yard this morning when he came across our cat food delivery box.  It had been ripped open and the cat food bag shredded.  He assumed the local raccoons got it.  That was $45.00 worth of cat food ruined.  I realize our front door is a ways off the road but that does not excuse the laziness of not bringing the items to our door.  GGGGRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrr.

Thanks for listening.

72961402273__F6EAF578-76FA-4387-8081-E23919789668.jpeg

72961395990__E3BA4C2C-515F-4F64-8DF0-1D24138C8B9C.jpeg

Edited by Calamity Kris
  • Thanks 4
  • Sad 2

Firstmake sure your delivery instructions specify to deliver to front door or porch.

Second, any time something like that happens take photos of itin situ, email them to both the local hub and corporate.

Third, call the local, tell them that the package wasn't left where specified and not in an obvious place, and so the product was ruined, see email of (date and time).

• Like 4

I would complain to the deliverer’s management. Be it , USPS,UPS or FedEx. If it’s USPS send an email to the local Postmaster but copy the regional Post Master. 

• Like 2

We have had the same situation happen to us on numerous occasions. :huh:

Two bedroom lamps in large boxes were left on the front lawn. :angry:

A container of canned dog food left on the driveway. :angry:

Our front door is located approximately 150 ft from the road, even though we have a turn-around about half-way between they can use. ;)

Complained to the various companies and lately, they have been delivering to either our garage door or the front door. :)

By the way - have had absolutely NO issues with AMAZON deliveries. :D

• Like 2

I watched our USPS driver deliver a package to our front door. It shows her throwing it at least 10 feet from the door to the porch. Sad part is that it was made of glass and was broken when I opened it. USPS said that they are not responsible for it even though I had video proof that she was very careless with the item. It wasn't marked fragile.

TM

• Sad 3

As was said I’d complain to the delivery company and also the company you bought the cat food from so they know the delivery was botched. Maybe they’ll get on the delivery outfit and might give you a replacement order.

I contacted PetSmart to notify them of the issue.  They filed a complaint with FedEx, including the pictures you see above.  They are also sending out another bag  of cat food.  The really appalling part of the whole thing is the delivery driver snapped a picture of the box leaning against a palm tree as proof of delivery.  The customer service agent from PetSmart said there was no front door in sight.  She apologized profusely and said she would do her best to ensure it never happens again.  We'll see. 

Thanks for all the advice.  I appreciate it.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Calamity Kris said:

I contacted PetSmart to notify them of the issue.  They filed a complaint with FedEx, including the pictures you see above.  They are also sending out another bag  of cat food.  The really appalling part of the whole thing is the delivery driver snapped a picture of the box leaning against a palm tree as proof of delivery.  The customer service agent from PetSmart said there was no front door in sight.  She apologized profusely and said she would do her best to ensure it never happens again.  We'll see. 

Thanks for all the advice.  I appreciate it.

Awesome! 

5 hours ago, Father Kit Cool Gun Garth said:

By the way - have had absolutely NO issues with AMAZON deliveries. :D

We have. Our daughter-in-law sent Mary something and they left the package in the shed a 100 yards from the house.  We seldom use that shed. Daughter-in-law texted Mary that it had been delivered and I guess a photo. Then her sister sent sent her something and the same thing happened. 

• Sad 1

The laziness is definitely not reserved for delivery drivers these days. Seems like it is very rare to find an employee that actually cares about or does their job. Seems like it's getting worse and worse every day...every thing from USPS to AAA insurance agents. 

Don't even get me started on UPS or FedEx drivers. There isn't enough space on the internet for me to relate the issues I've had with them.:angry:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We have had our fair share of issues with Amazon as well.  We received a delivery on one of our Friday's off.  The driver didn't pay attention to the cars parked in the driveway.  I was sitting in my office when I heard a loud bang against the front door.  The driver threw the bag and it bounced off the door and landed on the porch.  I jumped away from my desk and opened the door, just as he was taking the delivery picture.  He sprinted away faster than I've seen anyone run in a while.  I complained to Amazon about it and we never saw him again.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Warden Callaway said:

... they left the package in the shed a 100 yards from the house.  We seldom use that shed. 

Check your address in Google and other maps applications.

My house address showed as my barn. I updated the location, delivery services no longer have to back up several hundred feet.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Calamity Kris said:

What is with lazy people these days.  We have had two instances of real laziness where items were damaged.  As I was leaving for work this morning, I found a large envelope propped up under a palm tree next to the drive.  It had obviously been there a couple of days.  It was a congratulations achievement gift from my company, ruined by the drizzle from the last couple of days.  Uno was walking through the front yard this morning when he came across our cat food delivery box.  It had been ripped open and the cat food bag shredded.  He assumed the local raccoons got it.  That was $45.00 worth of cat food ruined.  I realize our front door is a ways off the road but that does not excuse the laziness of not bringing the items to our door.  GGGGRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrr.

Thanks for listening.

72961402273__F6EAF578-76FA-4387-8081-E23919789668.jpeg

72961395990__E3BA4C2C-515F-4F64-8DF0-1D24138C8B9C.jpeg

We ALL know that was really Uno's breakfast cereal :lol:

• Haha 2

y only problems have been with USPS.  I get everyone's mail with a house number like mine regardless of the street name.  Complaints are useless.

They leave my mailbox door open, sometimes don't pick up outgoing mail when the flag is up, and have refused to deliver to my box (one of three) because there is a dog in the yard and they never get out of the truck to put the mail in the box.  I have had, but no longer since I raised particular hell, my gun magazines absolutely destroyed by the carrier.

• Sad 3

These days, being lazy isn't just reserved for delivery drivers. It appears that finding an employee that genuinely cares about their work is extremely rare. I would advise you to file a complaint with both the delivery service so they are aware of the problematic delivery.

Our telephone company delivers their phone book by throwing it in the ditch by our mailbox.  Twice I’ve found it squished into the mud by the USPS delivery driver.  I dig it out and throw it into the trash.  First time I called the telephone company their explanation was USPS will not allow non-USPS items to be placed in the mailbox (true) and would take their delivery driver to long to place the phone book on people’s front porch.

What I really can’t figure out is why they publish a phone book anywho?  Since Al Bore invented the Internet I used it to lookup phone numbers.

34 minutes ago, OldguyZ said:

These days, being lazy isn't just reserved for delivery drivers. It appears that finding an employee that genuinely cares about their work is extremely rare.

I believe that’s some of the problem.  The rest is as we (I) get older the less tolerance we (I) have of less experienced people.

Hmm…

Ive been lazy all my life, but when I had a job to do I did it to the best of my ability! 
When I was a full service route driver with Coca Cola I wanted to be the BEST one they had! And I was!

Regardless of how hard it was! It was a source of pride that I was the best at taking care of my route, regardless of how the company treated me. And it wasn’t good!

I guess the current crop of workers have no pride in what they do, regardless of how menial it might be! Very sad.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, OldguyZ said:

These days, being lazy isn't just reserved for delivery drivers. It appears that finding an employee that genuinely cares about their work is extremely rare

My wife works as a CNA, (Certified Nursing Assistant), at a local Facility. They work 12 hour shifts. VERY rarely does anybody from Day Shift show up on time to relive her and her coworkers. When they finally do arrive, the first thing that they want to do is stand around and shoot the bull before seeing if any residents need anything.

33 minutes ago, Matthew Duncan said:

I believe that’s some of the problem.  The rest is as we (I) get older the less tolerance we (I) have of less experienced people.

I don't have a problem with less experience as long as they are willing to learn. I have NO tolerance for someone who just doesn't give a crap. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

A relation of mine and his family had problems with deliveries and after complaints were left unresolved, so he started a campaign of "Lawfare"

Suits filed in Small Claims court for what were piddling amounts, but they added up and if the opposition didn't show up to defend. If they did show up, it was costing them money to defend.

Once he had a judgements, he turned them over to a collection company, (managed by another cousin LOL)

We're a very large family of Irish descent, who have been around in Canada since 1806 and we're spread all over, in any business, office or trade you can imagine. 

• Like 1

I have read all the post above and had the same issues as everyone else, I have begun to treat them as non deliveries and refused payment thru the credit card company I use and so far they have backed me up, at some point USPS, FedEx, and UPS are going to start to feel the pinch of having to cover the cost of lost and damaged pkgs. I advise all of you to stop accepting this kind of bullsh*t behavior and file claims either with the carrier ( if you sent the pkg) or refuse payment thru your credit card company. This BS needs to stop

• Like 1

Dam' I am lucky!  I live way out in the country up a long gravel driveway.  UPS and FedEx folks have been excellent for years, often going the extra mile to give good service.  Local Post Office is great as well, though I'd give the Postal Service generally a C average on parcels.

• Like 1

Blame a lot of it on bean counters and piss poor managers that have been taught that yelling at and threatening their subordinates is how you motivate them. :angry:

Bean counters map out a route on their computer and say that it takes X amount of time to complete it. Failing to take into account heavy packages, longer driveways, construction and traffic. Then when the delivery drivers fail to get the route completed on time they get yelled at and threatened by their manager.

They may also get paid by the route and not the actual time it takes to complete it. So if it takes them 10 hours to do the route the computer claimed was only 8 hours long, they end up working 2 hours for no pay. :( When they complain they are accused of goofing off.

I've been fortunate that USPS, Amazon, and UPS do a decent job. However, I've had nothing but trouble with Fed-Ex 

Overall, as a statement, all of them have been pretty good here. Still some stories, but pretty much up to expectations. FedEx guy always brings cookies for Kimber and if we don't come to the door he'll leave 2 on the package for her!

• Like 1