SASS Wire Forum

I've a question about body piercing

Alpo

Specifically, are rings removable?

I was reading an online story, and the wife got some piercings. When she wished to vamp her husband, she put in rings with hunks of crystal hanging off of them. But for normal everyday she replaced that with like a little barbell.

The barbells I understand. You got a ball with a rod coming out of it, and the other end of the rod is threaded. And then you have another ball with an internal thread. You stick the rod through the hole and then screw the second ball on to the end of the rod. So that's removable. The rings with the crystals - did not even think about it. Accepted what the author wrote.

Then I was reading a second online story where the girl had rings installed, and they were soldered together. The only way to remove them would be to get the wire cutters.

These two stories obviously don't agree with each other, so I figured I would come here and see if anybody knew.

Have you considered the size ans heat conductivity of body piercings?

I used at least an acetylene torch for silver solder. And have scars from pieces I touched while soldering. So any human that sits still to have a 'ring' soldered on is just too hard core for me.

And logically if you have to solder  it closed so they can't remove it, doesn't that answer the question?

Different strokes.  But all are removable.  As you say, it may take side cutters, but they are removable.  My wife has pierced ears.  If she doesn't wear something in them they will close up and she has to work at reopening the holes.  Rings with dangly things?  Same as plain rings or bars.  

Re soldering - the people who go for that tend also to be a bit edgy, so using a soldering iron on the rings might not be far fetched.

ADDED:

Kinda makes you wonder about what kind of stories Alpo is reading......

Edited by Subdeacon Joe
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

ADDED:

Kinda makes you wonder about what kind of stories Alpo is reading......

I don't know what kind of stories, but I know this...we need pics.:ph34r:

• Haha 2

Those pierced fellas seem to do okay with the wimmen.:P

IMG_1060.png

• Haha 1
  • Sad 3

20 minutes ago, Yul Lose said:

IMG_1060.png

That’s gotta be his sister!!!:lol:

• Haha 2

I don’t care who gets body piercing but I have a hard time taking anyone seriously with a nose ring or lip rings!

I know I’m an old curmudgeon .:P

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

I don’t care who gets body piercing but I have a hard time taking anyone seriously with a nose ring or lip rings!

How about horns? :P

• Haha 3

Yes Alpo, you would look totally fabulous with nipple rings.

WAIT! Was that the question?

Well, I just did a bunch of googling to answer this question.

I did not find an answer but did enjoy looking at examples.

On edit: I would post some favorites but might get banned. I hear this place is run by a bunch of prudes.

Edited by John Kloehr
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Capt. R. Hugh Kidnme said:

Yes Alpo, you would look totally fabulous with nipple rings.

WAIT! Was that the question?

I used to know this moron. He had nipple rings. He also had a half grown boxer who like to LEAP up on his chest. You want to guess what happens when a 60 pound dog catches a toenail in your nipple ring and he's three feet off the ground at the time?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, Alpo said:

I used to know this moron. He had nipple rings. He also had a half grown boxer who like to LEAP up on his chest. You want to guess what happens when a 60 pound dog catches a toenail in your nipple ring and he's three feet off the ground at the time?

I'll play. He screams like a girl having a nipple ring ripped out.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

33 minutes ago, Alpo said:

Wait a minute.   You know him, but thought a bunch of old people pretending to be cowboys from a 50s movie would be a better place to ask about body piercings?

Notice the past tense - USED TO KNOW. I haven't seen him since I ran his ass off back sometime last century.

Besides, with a selection of people this large, the odds that somebody does body piercing for a living are pretty good.

3 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

I’ve asked some people sporting those nose rings and lip rings if they knew they had a fishhook in their nose or lip before, they usually aren’t amused.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Alpo said:

At an SCA archery competition I saw a guy with nipple rings, this was back in the '90s so a bit unusual, anyway, he wanted to try my bow (Martin Archery ML-10 longbow, 75 pound draw weight).  When he released the string caught one of the rings.   He made rather interesting sounds.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Yul Lose said:

IMG_1060.png

Appears to have fallen face first into a tackle box….

• Haha 3

Yes, body jewelry can be replaced. I have never heard of jewelry in a piercing being soldered closed. There is permanent jewelry that consists of chains that are welded closed once fit as a bracelet, anklet, or necklace. 

piercings should not be changed out until they have healed. Some piercings can take a year or longer to be fully healed. 

• Thanks 1

there are no stupid questions

if it can be put on it can be removed

Edited by WOLFY