SASS Wire Forum

Covid going around AGAIN

Dusty Devil Dale

Almost a dozen friends from all around the US have turned C-positive and started symptoms this past week and a half. 

This new, more contagious variant is even infecting people outdoors. So take extra care.  

The real problem is that Paxlovid 5-day treatment ($1580) is not covered by Medicare and because Medicare won't cover it, neither will most supplemental secondary insurance.  One couple I know both came down positive and symptomatic after only one exposure outside their home, helping outside on a community mailbox repair project.  They ended up having to pay out $1580 EACH, which hurt right at Christmas time.  Both were fully vaccinated and they're hoping it will reduce the severity.  Too soon to tell. 

Why Medicare refuses to cover it remains a mystery.  

4 minutes ago, PowderRiverCowboy said:

Hope your friends feel better from the flu , Covid-19 been around since 2016 First Patent was filed in 2016

WO2016/118725 Moderna January 21, 2016 Published Lipids/NP + mRNA

Thanks for your concern.  The two I spoke of, in reference to Paxlovid cost, are in their late 80s.  They both were clinically tested Covid-Positive  (not flu or anything else-positive) and, as of today, both are still at home, but. have developed respiratory symptoms like pneumonia (3 d post-exposure). 

I can't speak for other areas, but the four major hospitals here in Fresno, Ca are approaching  capacity again, due to a surge in Covid admissions over the past several weeks.  It means less timely ER treatment and admissions for other diseases or illness, like heart attacks, strokes, accidents, etc. 

In my O.P., I was mostly reporting  Medicare's refusal to cover the high Paxlovid costs. (I apologize if that offended folks.)

Truth is, I really don't personally care a hoot whether anybody here takes precautions or not, or believes the new variant is worth thinking about.  Everyone. can make their own decisions.  I have no need to know about them. 

3 minutes ago, Dusty Devil Dale said:

Thanks for your concern.  The two I spoke of, in reference to Paxlovid cost, are in their late 80s.  They both were clinically tested Covid-Positive  (not flu or anything else-positive) and, as of today, both are still at home, but. have developed respiratory symptoms like pneumonia (3 d post-exposure). 

I can't speak for other areas, but the four major hospitals here in Fresno, Ca are approaching  capacity again, due to a surge in Covid admissions over the past several weeks.  It means less timely ER treatment and admissions for other diseases or illness, like heart attacks, strokes, accidents, etc. 

In my O.P., I was mostly reporting  Medicare's refusal to cover the high Paxlovid costs. (I apologize if that offended folks.)

Truth is, I really don't personally care a hoot whether anybody here takes precautions or not, or believes the new variant is worth thinking about.  Everyone. can make their own decisions.  I have no need to know about them. 

Hollering into the fear echo chamber.  A big bunch of us have figured it out to our satisfaction.  BTW did you see Bill Gates new anti viral wafer?

1 hour ago, Rip Snorter said:

Please quote your sources for yet another convenient plague being in process.

I did quote my source.  It is me. 

I described my personal friends recent experience.  Nothing more than that.  

But being that you asked, my immediate neighbor, Dr. Jove Graham MD. is the Chief of Medicine at our local Clovis Community Hospital.  He shared with me that their beds are 96% full again, and their ER is back outside in a tent in the parking lot, due to a surge in new Covid variant cases.   

Our local newspaper. The  Fresno Bee reports the weekly numbers of new cases, as logged by the Fresno County Public Health, Infectious Disease Division, based on clinical Covid testing.  Since Thanksgiving, new variant Covid cases are up by 60+% in most San Joaquin Valley communities. 

But It isn't really about predictions or data.  If it's out there and spreading, all of us will find out and we can do whatever we want with that info. 

I was mainly just making folks aware that Medicare and supplements won't pay the high cost of Paxlovid.   

Enough said.

22 minutes ago, Rip Snorter said:

Hollering into the fear echo chamber.  A big bunch of us have figured it out to our satisfaction.  BTW did you see Bill Gates new anti viral wafer?

Glad you have it figured out.  If you read my whole post, you saw this:

Truth is, I really don't personally care a hoot whether anybody here takes precautions or not, or believes the new variant is worth thinking about.  Everyone. can make their own decisions.  I have no need to know about them. 

I try to avoid anything that Bill Gates is attached to.  I wish somebody would do an involuntary "update" on the man and his businesses. 

So no, I'm not aware of his latest scam. 

I’ve already had it twice, at least. For me it wasn’t that bad.

Two weeks ago I was in the ICU with Flu A and viral pneumonia, negative for Covid. That was the sickest I’ve ever been. COVID was a walk in the park compared to that.

I’m not going to live in fear and I’m not going to give up my freedoms because others are afraid.

If I get it again, I’ll beat it again.

7 minutes ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

I’ve already had it twice, at least. For me it wasn’t that bad.

Two weeks ago I was in the ICU with Flu A and viral pneumonia, negative for Covid. That was the sickest I’ve ever been. COVID was a walk in the park compared to that.

I’m not going to live in fear and I’m not going to give up my freedoms because others are afraid.

If I get it again, I’ll beat it again.

We agree.  But I hope we don't get back into our events being governmentally shut down or canceled due to low attendance, like last time.   Speaking for our own club, we're just getting back up to prior membership and participation.   I'm too old now to miss out on very many years of fun. 

BTW, I hope your Flu recovery goes OK and fast. 

Vitamins, juice, and personal hygiene.  No shots.

Covid has been around a long time. 

The only good thing about the pandemic was that there was no flu season (EVERYTHING was stamped Covid).

And no flu shot since I was discharged from the Navy. 

BS

10 hours ago, Dusty Devil Dale said:

We agree.  But I hope we don't get back into our events being governmentally shut down or canceled due to low attendance, like last time.   Speaking for our own club, we're just getting back up to prior membership and participation.   I'm too old now to miss out on very many years of fun. 

BTW, I hope your Flu recovery goes OK and fast. 

I think that the vast majority of Americans would not participate in another shutdown of everything. They would push back, possibly violently, against any mandate of a shutdown...they saw what happened last time...massive governmental overreach, loss of employment, economy ruined, massive fraud, forced "inoculations" and a myriad of other results.

My wife and I are both in our early 80's and we have never had Covid....but what we have had is the original shot and 4 booster (the last about 6 weeks ago). I have several friends who didn't have anything and caught covid and passed away. 

Sorry guys, I believe in the preventative shot and boosters. I taken shots to prevent diseases all life my  and will continue to do so . I have never had polio, pneumonia, tetanus, yellow fever or small pox.....just sayin.

So far I have had 2 C shots and 2 C boosters.
I got a flu shot on 8/15/23. The pharmacist said “You are going to feel like crap in a couple of days”

I got my first symptoms Covid on 8/18/23

Tested positive on 8/19/23

I also got conjunctivitis in my eyes. Haven’t had that since elementary school. :angry:
I was sick for a total of 22 days. It was like a really bad cold. 

I cannot help but think that wasn’t just a flu shot, but the room I got the flu shot in was not all that sanitary. 

For me Covid was not really that bad, but it stuck around way too long. 

We both had two Pfizer shots, and then subsequently I had a heart attack.
It is most likely coincidental, but I won't subject myself to any further shots.

We were forced to accept them at the time, and I won't submit again.

14 hours ago, Rip Snorter said:

Gates and Fauci…..,

If they’d just treat the bronchitis, pneumonia etc…The respiratory side effects are what kill people, along with vents and rendizavere, or whatever it’s called. If they’d just treat that, along with measures to boost the bodies immune system and ward off the virus…….by just I’m not saying to stop at that. I’m saying, JUST stop ignoring the respiratory illness by refusing to treat those symptoms head on,  and JUST stop us from watching people die on vents and rendizavere, or whatever it’s called. I watched 4-5 people die on that crap, cause they were “targeting the virus” with vents and Faucis shitty drug.

My nurse practitioner buddy at VA said it was an 80% or better death sentence at the VA hospital he works at, once these two were administered.

Food for thought- https://www.nih.gov/news-events/news-releases/bacterial-pneumonia-caused-most-deaths-1918-influenza-pandemic

What changed? These agencies, scientists, and  doctors secured the  right to own patents, whether via agency or personally,  and enact policies to dictate use of their patented medicines without long term placebo controlled studies. Third world is used as short term Guinea pigs to produce data desired.. People die when generic medicines, antibiotics,  and nutritional supplements can be used to fight the respiratory side affects of these laboratory viruses. 

Son nurses at an urgent care facility near Minneapolis says a steady stream of folks coming in with bronchitis,  flu and Covid.  All have had their shots but want the latest experimental drug.  He figures it's folks being socializing more. Figures after New Year thing should calm down as some hibernate for the winter and others go ice fishing. 

Covid never STOPPED going around. My wife is a Nursing Assistant at a local Rehab Center, and they've been getting Covid "infected", (means they tested positive, most with NO symptoms) all along. About every 6 weeks or so, they have to mask up, gown and glove up, and get tested because SOMEBODY tested positive again.

It's Flu season, people are going to get sick. Some will die. It happens EVERY YEAR. Covid just has a fancy name and a Press Agent.

Covid was a Public Health Issue for about 6 weeks, then it became a Political Issue. Just watch. The closer it gets to election time, the more we'll hear about it, and it will be Trump's fault. Again.

Prior to Covid we had seasonal flu and seasonal deaths as otherwise healthy people got the flu jab, then wandered around mildly sick spreading it to parts of the population with compromised immunity, or from pathogenic priming response from the flu jab.

What happened there? Lack of a flu jab due to “pandemic” efforts. Science and virology played out, as it should but we were fed, and most folk believed, the horse shit on a platter they served up.

5 hours ago, Cypress Sun said:

I think that the vast majority of Americans would not participate in another shutdown of everything. They would push back, possibly violently, against any mandate of a shutdown...they saw what happened last time...massive governmental overreach, loss of employment, economy ruined, massive fraud, forced "inoculations" and a myriad of other results.

I hope that is true.   I worry today about the lack of government predictability.  It seems like all of the rules, rights, principles and pillars of democracy that I grew up to understand are being bent and turned according to political agendas.  The courts no longer deliver predictable decisions, seemingly driven more by politics and judicial beliefs than by the law and Constitution.  

Things like plea bargaining are widely used to coerce defendant's and witnesses to get into line with particular agendas.  Things like that did not happen while I was growing up here.   

Perhaps all of that is just complexity closing in on us -- or perhaps it isaabout having almost unlimited information at our fingertips tips -- or perhaps it is a planned agenda to disrupt and destroy the world's best- formed Republic.   I don't know, but I do know it all concerns me.

For the public to rise up, they must take an existential risk of arrest and unfair treatment by the same entities they rise against. 

We hear a lot about "insurrection" these days.  When I hear that word, I think about John Hancock, Washington, Jefferson, Madison, Rosa Parks, Martin Luther King -- men and women who put everything on the line to address inhumanity.   Maybe each of us will face decisions like that at some time, if the world and its logic continues to be  turned upside down.   Predictability is important.

Sorry for spinning so far off-topic. 

Indeed.
Every high school kid should attend a lung cancer autopsy, then read "Atlas Shrugged" with a mandatory exit exam prior to moving on.
Ditto for every elected official.

2 hours ago, Dirty Dan Dawkins said:

Gates and Fauci…..,

If they’d just treat the bronchitis, pneumonia etc…The respiratory side effects are what kill people, along with vents and rendizavere, or whatever it’s called. If they’d just treat that, along with measures to boost the bodies immune system and ward off the virus…….by just I’m not saying to stop at that. I’m saying, JUST stop ignoring the respiratory illness by refusing to treat those symptoms head on,  and JUST stop us from watching people die on vents and rendizavere, or whatever it’s called. I watched 4-5 people die on that crap, cause they were “targeting the virus” with vents and Faucis shitty drug.

My nurse practitioner buddy at VA said it was an 80% or better death sentence at the VA hospital he works at, once these two were administered.

Food for thought- https://www.nih.gov/news-events/news-releases/bacterial-pneumonia-caused-most-deaths-1918-influenza-pandemic

What changed? These agencies, scientists, and  doctors secured the  right to own patents, whether via agency or personally,  and enact policies to dictate use of their patented medicines without long term placebo controlled studies. Third world is used as short term Guinea pigs to produce data desired.. People die when generic medicines, antibiotics,  and nutritional supplements can be used to fight the respiratory side affects of these laboratory viruses. 

Hope you realize that the ventilators and other hospital tactics are specifically intended to deal with the pneumonia and other symptomatic complications, to support the patient while the virus runs it course.  The vaccines and drugs  are to stimulate  your own natural immune system and shape its antibodies to attack specific shaped virus particles, thereby reducing the number of  your own cells that become virus infected.   I think the medical people are doing essentially what you are advocating, but in much greater detail.  

Question on ventilators unrelated to Coved.  I have a friend on the edge of death in the hospital.  Infection of spine. Operation gave him a 1% chance of survival,  but he made it.  After a couple of months, he is still on ventilator.  Can't breath on his own. He gets fluid buildup and some signs of pneumonia.  He's been bounced back and forth between big regional hospital and a smaller one, depending on conditions. Now they want to place him in a facility 6.5 hours away in another state because there are so few places with ventilators.  I thought they turned out a gazillion ventilators at the start of this farce? 

10 hours ago, Sgt. C.J. Sabre, SASS #46770 said:

Covid never STOPPED going around. My wife is a Nursing Assistant at a local Rehab Center, and they've been getting Covid "infected", (means they tested positive, most with NO symptoms) all along. About every 6 weeks or so, they have to mask up, gown and glove up, and get tested because SOMEBODY tested positive again.

It's Flu season, people are going to get sick. Some will die. It happens EVERY YEAR. Covid just has a fancy name and a Press Agent.

Covid was a Public Health Issue for about 6 weeks, then it became a Political Issue. Just watch. The closer it gets to election time, the more we'll hear about it, and it will be Trump's fault. Again.

Hard for the Left to pin Covid on Trump.  He tried early-on to put the blame on China, where it belonged, defying the WHO and all of the Leftists who defended the Chinese-- calling it a natural virus instead of the genetically engineered bio-weapon that it is.  Then he cut off travel from China, and pulled out all the stops to expedite vaccine development.  But he never tried to shut things down.

But the Left won't care about facts.  They never do.  They'll invent whatever narrative they need to play out their election agenda.  And a predictable number of dumbed-down people will believe them 

He didn't get to shut down travel from China IIRC. Remember Biden calling him a xenophobic racist when he suggested it  Then a year later Brandon shuts travel from 8 countries to keep us safe.:blink: 

Male bovine manure in my opinion, is what it is.

Archived