SASS Wire Forum

1955 sweep ?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My guess is P1, P2,P2,P2,P2,P2,P2,P2,P2,P2, R1,R1,R1,R1,R1, R2,R2,R2,R2,R2.

or

rifle first and then both pistols to finish.

Wonder what 1955 has to do with cowboy? I’ve done 1865, 1866, 1873 and 1892 sweeps.

33 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Wonder what 1955 has to do with cowboy? I’ve done 1865, 1866, 1873 and 1892 sweeps.

Maybe celebrating someone's birthday?
Or the match/stage theme was based on one of the 63 Western films released that year?

54 minutes ago, Yul Lose said:

My guess is P1, P2,P2,P2,P2,P2,P2,P2,P2,P2, R1,R1,R1,R1,R1, R2,R2,R2,R2,R2.

or

Thanks !  I'll bet you're right !  We'll find out tomorrow !

Horace

3 hours ago, Yul Lose said:

or

yep

24 minutes ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

'P' trap if I ever saw one..... :rolleyes:

When clubs around here do similar sweeps, they say any gun order and start at either end.  So starting this sweep at the back with the rifle is super-easy.  

What else could you call a 1955 sweep other than a 5519 or a 5591 sweep? I like it, sometimes ya just get tired on a Nevada Sweep.

I've shot numbered sweeps many times including the 2468, 1873 and 1776 sweeps.  The 1955 sweep would be easy to shoot without getting a P.  On these sweeps the targets are often set on a diagonal so the closest targets can be shot with revolvers and the distant ones with a rifle.

18 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

1955 Ruger introduced the Blackhawk, their first single action revolver. A Vaquero is really just a Blackhawk without the adjustable sights.  

17 hours ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

'P' trap if I ever saw one..... :rolleyes:

You would have really hated the one we shot yesterday...

10-10-4+

Gun Order is Rifle, Shotgun, Pistols

Rifle with 10 rounds staged on the right table, open empty Shotgun staged on the left table. Pistols loaded with 5 rounds each holstered.

Begin standing behind right table with hands FLAT on the table.

Line is "A Flyer"

ATB: with Rifle beginning on either end Single tap T1 then single tap T1 and T2, then single tap T1, T2, T3, then single tap T1, T2, T3, T4 in this order. Make rifle safe for downrange movement.

Then with Shotgun engage 2 knockdowns and the activator then the clay bird in the air. Either pair first but the activator has to knocked down before engaging the clay bird. If you miss the clay bird in the air it can be made up on the other knockdown. Make shotgun safe for downrange movement.

After the Activator is down you have to expend 1 round for the clay bird before it can be made up with the other knockdown.

With Pistols from the downrange table beginning on either end Single tap T1 then single tap T1, T2, then single tap T1, T2, T3, then single tap T1, T2, T3, T4 in this order.

Load Left Unload Right

23 minutes ago, Randy Saint Eagle, SASS # 64903 said:

You would have really hated the one we shot yesterday...

10-10-4+

Gun Order is Rifle, Shotgun, Pistols

Rifle with 10 rounds staged on the right table, open empty Shotgun staged on the left table. Pistols loaded with 5 rounds each holstered.

Begin standing behind right table with hands FLAT on the table.

Line is "A Flyer"

ATB: with Rifle beginning on either end Single tap T1 then single tap T1 and T2, then single tap T1, T2, T3, then single tap T1, T2, T3, T4 in this order. Make rifle safe for downrange movement.

Then with Shotgun engage 2 knockdowns and the activator then the clay bird in the air. Either pair first but the activator has to knocked down before engaging the clay bird. If you miss the clay bird in the air it can be made up on the other knockdown. Make shotgun safe for downrange movement.

After the Activator is down you have to expend 1 round for the clay bird before it can be made up with the other knockdown.

With Pistols from the downrange table beginning on either end Single tap T1 then single tap T1, T2, then single tap T1, T2, T3, then single tap T1, T2, T3, T4 in this order.

Load Left Unload Right

Badger or Progressive sweep. 

12 minutes ago, Assassin said:

Badger or Progressive sweep. 

In this area it used to be called a Lawrence Welk Sweep but it was called different things in different areas so I just write it out and don't call it anything. It actually shoots a lot better than it reads!

Randy

We call a Lawrence Welk or Progressive sweep...

1 on T1, 2 on T2 ,3 on T3 & 4 on T4

As in a "one and a two and a three and a four". Per Mr. Welk! Or was it somethin about tiny bubbles;)

5 minutes ago, Hells Comin said:

Why is there a clay flyer in a cowboy match? That's a different Sport.

Sumthin different? 

20 minutes ago, Hells Comin said:

Technically it’s not really a flyer, it’s a pop up Clay bird off a pigeon flipper target. Occasionally we do have a thrown bird with a knockdown target to activate the trap but when we do I loosen the spring enough to slow the bird down considerably. 

Randy

41 minutes ago, Hells Comin said:

Maybe it’s an area thing but I started CAS in 2005 and I’ve shot thrown Clay birds at several matches, usually just one on one stage.  

Randy

28 minutes ago, Randy Saint Eagle, SASS # 64903 said:

Maybe it’s an area thing but I started CAS in 2005 and I’ve shot thrown Clay birds at several matches, usually just one on one stage.  

Randy

In the early 2000s that was fairly common around here.  I miss it. 

Archived