SASS Wire Forum

In-n-Out Drive Through

Subdeacon Joe

Cute pic; but why anyone would go to

In-n-Out when Fatburger and Five Guys exists is beyond me.

The burgers aren't bad - but their fries taste like they deep fried styrofoam packing peanuts.

6 minutes ago, Creeker, SASS #43022 said:

The burgers aren't bad - but their fries taste like they deep fried styrofoam packing peanuts.

No Fatburger in Santa Rosa.  Five Guys is overpriced Mickey D.   

I'll give you that their fries aren't the greatest, but asking for them well done takes care of that.  But for me the fries aren't all that important.

Our 5 Guys closed down and to get into our Fatburger you have to wade through a homeless hangout and they ain’t friendly.

I have only been in one "5 Guys", that was in Odessa , Texas. But their fries were on another higher plane than any of the other fast food venders.

Burgers were O.K. , but not any better than most of the others , Bout the same as What-A-Burger.

But that is just my opinion. And I am far from West Texas  the last 4 1/2 years.

Rex :D

I love In & Out Burgers and fries. I don’t think I have ever been to Fatburger. I also like 5 Guys, but their prices are just stupid now. 

4 hours ago, Creeker, SASS #43022 said:

I’ve never eaten deep fried styrofoam packing peanuts. What was it that caused you to do that?

44 minutes ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

I’ve never eaten deep fried styrofoam packing peanuts. What was it that caused you to do that?

I'm confused.

You want me to eat them raw?

I'm not a barbarian.

In & Out has just moved into Middle Tennessee and is setting up corporate offices here.

5 Guys around here are rare and now closing. Expensive, but better than the regular fast mystery food joints. Gawd, breakfast for 2 now costs $30 with tip and all the taxes.:(:FlagAm::excl:

22 hours ago, Creeker, SASS #43022 said:

1 hour ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Thank God for Brown Bag Burgers.  It beats any / all of the world-wide outlet burger places by a HUGE margin.

Never heard of it. Is it a local joint?

3 minutes ago, Chas B. Wolfson, SASS #11104 said:

Why can't you all just appreciate the pic and not add all the BS.

Just saying

Chas B 

What appreciation is required?

Some guys rode their horses thru the drive thru at a 2nd rate burger restaurant.

Nothing more - nothing less.

No incredible social commentary - no amazing artistic composition.

The BS is the entertaining part.

3 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Thank God for Brown Bag Burgers.  It beats any / all of the world-wide outlet burger places by a HUGE margin.

1 hour ago, Pat Riot said:

It is. 

(So far!):ph34r:

I went to high school across the street from In-n-out #1. They used to be the absolute best burger available. They have now gone from a Southern California thing to a national chain and the quality has dropped significantly. Seems to always be the way it happens.  Restaurant is small and fantastic and does really well and grows…. And goes from great to mediocre. Still get a burger there occasionally, but it is no longer the best burger, in my humble opinion. 
Btw, the correct order is a double double animal style with raw onions as well as the grilled onions that some with animal style. 

6 hours ago, Crazy Gun Barney, SASS #2428 said:

Btw, the correct order is a double double animal style with raw onions as well as the grilled onions that some with animal style. 

My favorite is a double double protein style........  

We have a tradition, if you will, every time we visit Cali, we stop at In-and-Out after we land.  This last visit was no exception.  I do agree the burgers have slipped some in the last few years but they're still great.  We also order the fries extra crispy and they come out great

1 hour ago, Calamity Kris said:

My favorite is a double double protein style........  

We have a tradition, if you will, every time we visit Cali, we stop at In-and-Out after we land.  This last visit was no exception.  I do agree the burgers have slipped some in the last few years but they're still great.  We also order the fries extra crispy and they come out great

Thank you. I didn’t realize you could order them extra crispy. I will be trying this in 19 days. 

8 hours ago, Crazy Gun Barney, SASS #2428 said:

I like ‘em just the way they make ‘em. Animal Style is okay too. I just prefer they way they make them normally. 

9 hours ago, Chas B. Wolfson, SASS #11104 said:

Just saying

Chas B 

What BS? It’s called “dialogue”.

10 hours ago, Chas B. Wolfson, SASS #11104 said:

Just saying

Chas B 

I appreciate the thought, and I had expected different reactions, but I really don't mind the diversion to a short course in Comparative Burgers and Ordering Habits.

10 hours ago, Chas B. Wolfson, SASS #11104 said:

Just saying

Chas B 

Maybe because we've seen that picture before? I come here for the comments! Most of them are hilarious!:lol:

When I was an assistant Scoutmaster and we stopped for lunch after a camp-out we usually stopped at an In n Out because they could get 40 orders done in a decent amount of time. I've never been tempted to go there on my own, just nothing special about their burgers or shakes, and I am not much of a fry man. Personally I would prefer to just get a McDonald's Quarter pounder deluxe without the mayonnaise.

38 minutes ago, Creeker, SASS #43022 said:

When asked if In-N-Out used horsemeat in their burgers - the spokesperson responded with a single word, "Neighhhhh".

False!  You should know that their theme song is

18 hours ago, Pat Riot said:

Brown Bag is just now opening their second store.  I made a mistake when we first moved here and i was hungry.  I ordered a double burger with EVERYTHING on it.

It was humongous and I was still eating it two days later..... but it was GOOOOD!

Now I get a kid sized burger and it satisfies me every time.

Archived