Jump to content
SASS Wire Forum

Sass and cowboy action shooters


Recommended Posts

Anyone on this forum also a member of the facebook version?

don’t really understand what their rules are for posting there. Joined a while ago have attempted to comment on some of their threads. My responses were along the line “let us know about where you are so a local club can get in touch with you to bring you into the cowboy world”, one was someone asked about the Henry BB and whether it was a good idea (I said for a plinking/hunting gun gtg for CAS not so much) all were automatically declined for violating posting rules. What gives?

Regards

:FlagAm:  :FlagAm:  :FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Buckshot Bear said:

I did see on there last week an open top exploded and in many large chunky parts from someone that had filled the cylinders with Trail Boss.

That is what I originally was looking for, and as such things happen I drifted off to other posts.

Regards

:FlagAm:  :FlagAm:  :FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, Buckshot Bear said:

399275497_7257841027569205_3419695148535576682_n.jpg.e3d871a687e3ea63f8a7d25ddbd5746d.jpg

Bet he don’t do that again.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Gateway Kid SASS# 70038 Life said:

Anyone on this forum also a member of the facebook version?

don’t really understand what their rules are for posting there. Joined a while ago have attempted to comment on some of their threads. My responses were along the line “let us know about where you are so a local club can get in touch with you to bring you into the cowboy world”, one was someone asked about the Henry BB and whether it was a good idea (I said for a plinking/hunting gun gtg for CAS not so much) all were automatically declined for violating posting rules. What gives?

Regards

:FlagAm:  :FlagAm:  :FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

Sometimes it is Facebook that declines that kind of post

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Gateway Kid SASS# 70038 Life said:

Anyone on this forum also a member of the facebook version?

don’t really understand what their rules are for posting there. Joined a while ago have attempted to comment on some of their threads. My responses were along the line “let us know about where you are so a local club can get in touch with you to bring you into the cowboy world”, one was someone asked about the Henry BB and whether it was a good idea (I said for a plinking/hunting gun gtg for CAS not so much) all were automatically declined for violating posting rules. What gives?

Regards

:FlagAm:  :FlagAm:  :FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

I've never had a problem with the Facebook version.

 

On the other hand I Never use Facebook....and never will.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

I've never had a problem with the Facebook version.

 

On the other hand I Never use Facebook....and never will.

Samey-same. I am very frustrating to my family. Won’t use Faceplant, TWITter or Google anything. 
 

10 hours ago, Buckshot Bear said:

I did see on there last week an open top exploded and in many large chunky parts from someone that had filled the cylinders with Trail Boss.

Is the shooter alright?

That was costly in 2 ways. Loss of Trail Boss and Revolver…also costly to pride snd reputation. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Most of the SASS cowboy clubs on Facebook are open to just about anyone. Lots of people interested to get into the sport so there’s lots of newbies asking questions. As far as posts or comments being deleted it could be the administrators that run that certain site.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Gateway Kid SASS# 70038 Life said:

Anyone on this forum also a member of the facebook version?

don’t really understand what their rules are for posting there. Joined a while ago have attempted to comment on some of their threads. My responses were along the line “let us know about where you are so a local club can get in touch with you to bring you into the cowboy world”, one was someone asked about the Henry BB and whether it was a good idea (I said for a plinking/hunting gun gtg for CAS not so much) all were automatically declined for violating posting rules. What gives?

Regards

:FlagAm:  :FlagAm:  :FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

 

It's Farcebook's rules, not SASS or whoever runs the FB version.

 

I know that any post that even hints that it is trying to sell a firearm will get hidden.  Other than that, it's FB algorithms  or the whim of a person if the alert goes to a FB 'moderator'.  Don't expect common sense or consistency on how the rules are applied.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

I've never had a problem with the Facebook version.

 

On the other hand I Never use Facebook....and never will.

 

This.

 

Life is much easier withOUT FB.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Chantry said:

 

It's Farcebook's rules, not SASS or whoever runs the FB version.

 

I know that any post that even hints that it is trying to sell a firearm will get hidden.  Other than that, it's FB algorithms  or the whim of a person if the alert goes to a FB 'moderator'.  Don't expect common sense or consistency on how the rules are applied.

Not always, administrators of these FB cowboy sites can delete things as well.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Dantankerous said:

 

This.

 

Life is much easier withOUT FB.

Yea but it's more fun, you can keep in touch with friends, relatives and there's lots of gun groups, Colt, Ruger, etc. cowboy clubs etc.  almost anyone you can imagine. It all depends on who you follow. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I guess I am introverted to some degree. That is part of the reason I do not use or like social networking sites. I like my forums. That’s good enough. 

Also, I truly don’t want to deal with people that are trying to reach me because it’s convenient to them. 
For 2 decades I maintained a presence on LinkedIn. It was easy enough to find me. If you did a search on my name one of the first hits you’d see was my LinkedIn page and without joining one could message me or just scroll down and see what company or agency I worked for then just call or email that agency to connect with me.

I rarely heard from past friends and or acquaintances. I mostly heard from head hunters and past coworkers. 
 

Since I moved back to almost home I encounter people occasionally from my past who make a big to-do over how they never heard from me. I always say I was reachable if you ever truly wanted to talk to me. Conversation ends in 3…2…1…
 

Sorry for the rant. 

Edited by Pat Riot
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't object to the material on FB, I object to the censorship.
I closed my FB business and personal accounts when they started censoring the President.

 

I was accumulating ever-long sentences in FB jail, so I figured best to leave on my terms, than on theirs.
This is the one that got me 30 days in jail, and when I closed down after I was paroled.

 

 

meme.politics.hillary.051.gallows.hang.change.plans.sfw.jpg

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Yea but it's more fun, you can keep in touch with friends, relatives and there's lots of gun groups, Colt, Ruger, etc. cowboy clubs etc.  almost anyone you can imagine. It all depends on who you follow. 

And why would I subject myself to FB BS when I have an email and a telephone...or, God forbid, someone might still use snail mail....or drive a few miles for a face-to-face visit.

 

I know, I know Forty Rod = dinosaur.  What will they do, cut my hair and send me back to 'Nam?

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

Odd that so many people hate FB but really like the stuff I post in the Saloon that I find on FB.

Yep, but it's your privacy not mine!:lol:

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Farcebook is what you make of it.

 

I keep my settings to private, I'm picky about who I accept as friends and I tend to hide anything too political (or stupid, which is much the same thing).  I've also un-followed a few people so I no longer see their posts, but did not unfriend them (mostly family).

 

I follow some groups I like or find interesting and  some musicians to keep current on tour dates or new releases.

 

A person doesn't have to use Farcebook, but like it or not, Farcebook isn't going away anytime soon.

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Eyesa Horg said:

Yep, but it's your privacy not mine!:lol:

 

As soon as you log into anything your privacy is compromised, I don't care what promises a site makes or what your privacy settings are.  

 

Even here.   

 

The only way to ensure online privacy is to not get online.  Ever.

  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

 

As soon as you log into anything your privacy is compromised, I don't care what promises a site makes or what your privacy settings are.  

 

Even here.   

 

The only way to ensure online privacy is to not get online.  Ever.

You are right, unfortunately!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Yea but it's more fun, you can keep in touch with friends, relatives and there's lots of gun groups, It all depends on who you follow. 

I don't have any friends or relatives that I can't get ahold of on the phone. 

2 hours ago, Pat Riot said:

I guess I am introverted to some degree. That is part of the reason I do not use or like social networking sites. I like my forums. That’s good enough.

Same here.

2 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

Odd that so many people hate FB but really like the stuff I post in the Saloon that I find on FB.

Joe, ya know that I love our conversations, but when I see anything from Fakebook, I back out of it.

38 minutes ago, Chantry said:

A person doesn't have to use Farcebook, but like it or not, Farcebook isn't going away anytime soon.

Probably not, but I don't have to participate.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

 

As soon as you log into anything your privacy is compromised, I don't care what promises a site makes or what your privacy settings are.  

 

Even here.   

 

The only way to ensure online privacy is to not get online.  Ever.

True, but you can mitigate it somewhat.  I do not use Google for searches. I use DDG. Recently Apple updated Safari with extra levels of security so if you open and use a website in their “Private” mode it supposedly keeps your identity secret and doesn’t allow your info to be seen. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

 

So, if I preface something with "Found on FB" as I sometimes do, you stop reading?

Yes I do. It's not personal, I do the same when others do it also. It's kind of like Kalifornia, there might be some good there, but it's still a sewer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Sgt. C.J. Sabre, SASS #46770 said:

Yes I do. It's not personal, I do the same when others do it also. It's kind of like Kalifornia, there might be some good there, but it's still a sewer.

 

LOL!!!! Then don't read the thread about Smedley Butler.  Or anything in the Motorcycle thread.  Nothing personal.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I do have to chuckle... while everybody gets themselves wrapped up in the evils of FB, our Fearless Leader in DC has invoked war powers to force the expansion of electric heat pumps to shut down the natural gas appliance industry.   The evil coming out of D.C. goes unchecked.

I do believe in my private heart that civil war is coming.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.