SASS Wire Forum

according to the man in the wireless .........

So far so good, here in Ottawa, Canada.

Cloudy and 23 C (That's about 74 F)

Was able to get out of bed this morning under my own power and take nourishment. 

Spent 9 hours at work.  

Headed home in about 5 minutes, so yeah, I'm ok.

Yup, but tired. Repacked bearings on the camper and got it loaded for the "Great Maine Gunfight" :D this weekend!

Just spent four days at the cabin with my wife. Put in a new culvert, cleared the brush from a quarter acre of woods and mowed down the saplings I didn't want and moved some I did to give them a chance. Hung a retractable awning on the porch. We mowed the yard and trails to the deer stands.

Yard full of deer eating the buckets of apples and corn we put out. Fresh bear tracks in the culvert dirt.

Pretty much can't move anything without great pain and strange sounds.

Yep, I'm dandy! 

I should know about 9:30 CDT tomorrow!!  We’ll see what the foot doctor says!

Still waiting on test results from tests two weeks ago.

Schoolmarm had a clean bill of health on her colonoscopy this morning.

As far as “am I okay?”  You can get odds on either side!! :lol:

I was about to whip out a lengthy list of carefully catalogued complaints (actually I wasn't, but it makes a good line!) -- but when I read Michigan Slim's reference to not being able to move much without great pain and strange sounds ...

I don't have much to complain about!

As normal, I am in a fair bit of pain.  I can't shoot or do some other things I used to due to a tremor.  But I'm still on this side of the ground.  Family is healthy.  Other than my wife who has a partial tear in the rotator cuff on her right shoulder (PT starts soon).  But in general, yeah, I guess so. 

6 minutes ago, Doc Shapiro said:

As normal, I am in a fair bit of pain.  I can't shoot or do some other things I used to due to a tremor.  But I'm still on this side of the ground.  Family is healthy.  Other than my wife who has a partial tear in the rotator cuff on her right shoulder (PT starts soon).  But in general, yeah, I guess so. 

Key point, still above ground,  understanding & sympathy in re: pain.  I much reduced mine with Biote BPC 157 and an Amethyst Mat my kids gave me. Several surgeries in my life.  Had to do the rotator cuff because I just couldn't sleep.  Worse recovery than spine surgery.  Take the pills they prescribe, try sleeping on the good side on the sofa when pain is bad, get /use the hot water appliance for the shoulder. Do as much PT as is endurable.  Fairly long but full recovery with a slight loss of flexibility in my case.  Best of luck to both of you. 

We’ll need to define OK. You may have confused them people in Oklahoma.

1 hour ago, Rip Snorter said:

Key point, still above ground,  understanding & sympathy in re: pain.  I much reduced mine with Biote BPC 157 and an Amethyst Mat my kids gave me. Several surgeries in my life.  Had to do the rotator cuff because I just couldn't sleep.  Worse recovery than spine surgery.  Take the pills they prescribe, try sleeping on the good side on the sofa when pain is bad, get /use the hot water appliance for the shoulder. Do as much PT as is endurable.  Fairly long but full recovery with a slight loss of flexibility in my case.  Best of luck to both of you. 

The doc doesn't think she'll need surgery.  She got a cortisone shot a week ago, and the pain is much reduced.  The PT will give her a good chance to strengthen it and avoid needing to be cut.  We're cautiously optimistic.

For me, the pain is caused by something like 50 broken bones, several concussions, and a TBI.  The palsy is genetic.  I've got a few soft tissue past injuries that contribute.  But the family is healthy.  That's the important part.  Daughter has started her first year of college for an EE degree.  Son is looking for his first real job as a software engineer. 

16 hours ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

........ it's are you OK day .......

So, my specific question to the general collective is .......... well, are you ?  :huh:

I think I am, but others may disagree!  :D

12 hours ago, Doc Shapiro said:

The doc doesn't think she'll need surgery.  She got a cortisone shot a week ago, and the pain is much reduced.  The PT will give her a good chance to strengthen it and avoid needing to be cut.  We're cautiously optimistic.

For me, the pain is caused by something like 50 broken bones, several concussions, and a TBI.  The palsy is genetic.  I've got a few soft tissue past injuries that contribute.  But the family is healthy.  That's the important part.  Daughter has started her first year of college for an EE degree.  Son is looking for his first real job as a software engineer. 

Doc, beware of cortisone.  My dad was a very active and athletic man.  Whenever he broke or bent something he was given a cortisone shot.  After the years his body lost the ability to make its own cortisone and he developed osteoporosis.  He broke bones by such simple things as taking a hat off of a closet shelf and bumping into a door frame.  He eventually died from it.

They may have improved it since 1989, but check it out.  Ask questions and demand answers.

Good luck.

Hey, Jack.  Being nosey can result in serious changes to your appearance, and considerable pain and inconvenience. I've broken my nose three or four times and it never looks as good as it did before it broke and it's always a pain, both literally and otherwise, to drink out of a can, cup, or glass, and you'll look stupid sucking beer through a straw.  :P  :lol:

Just got back from the doctor. He says that the foot is healed up again!  It took nine months this time, although it had never completely healed up from surgery in April of 2021!

It really looks better than it has in three years and I’ve gotten better footwear and a different kind of brace to correct for the partial paralysis that’s a result of all the damage and surgery.

So, I’m OKAYER than I was yesterday!!

Yep, I'm okay.

Went to a Sportsman Warehouse grand opening this morning. Got a free baseball cap, $20 gift card. 200 - small mag. primers ($6.11 per C/limit 2) ,saw a few folks that I haven't seen for a while at the GO... got my lotto tickets... picked up a pork roast for bbq pork sandwiches. Now it's pouring rain but that's okay...there are many places that are in a drought and we could always use the rain. Overall, not a bad day so far.

Hope ya heal up soon Blackwater and Doc.

1 hour ago, Cypress Sun said:

Yep, I'm okay.

Went to a Sportsman Warehouse grand opening this morning. Got a free baseball cap, $20 gift card. 200 - small mag. primers ($6.11 per C/limit 2) ,saw a few folks that I haven't seen for a while at the GO... got my lotto tickets... picked up a pork roast for bbq pork sandwiches. Now it's pouring rain but that's okay...there are many places that are in a drought and we could always use the rain. Overall, not a bad day so far.

Hope ya heal up soon Blackwater and Doc.

Thanks, CS!  Schoolmarm picked up a pork loin for supper too!

I’m looking forward to supper tonight!!

Archived