SASS Wire Forum

California at it...again?

Singin' Sue 71615

He meant our Government here hasn't been in reality for 40 years. I suppose this will also mean no more off road motorcycles?

2 minutes ago, Springfield Slim SASS #24733 said:

He meant our Government here hasn't been in reality for 40 years. I suppose this will also mean no more off road motorcycles?

They have already removed any method of registering or getting a title for a red sticker off-road bike in 2021.  Made a real cluster as they are available at dealers and people buy them, they just can’t register them or ride them except on private property.  

Law of unintended consequences says that the net result will be that with no portable generator available RVers will instead run the engine on their vehicle to get needed power, thus increasing the pollution they are trying to prevent. 

Seamus

They’ll lose their minds when they get a load of the turbocharged gasoline/nitromethane powered mistletoe attached to my shirttail!!!  :lol:

20 minutes ago, Texas Joker said:

Hmmm....does California ALREADY have problems generating the power they need?

How do they propose to enhance tje power grid to take on the extra load bar?

1 minute ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

......... and reliability .....   :huh:

10 minutes ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

Magic

..... just a thought, if/when they ban these machines there will be less petrol sold thus reducing the amount of fuel tax for "consolidated revenue", ........ I wonder how they will compensate for this shortfall ?  :huh:

;)

29 minutes ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

..... just a thought, if/when they ban these machines there will be less petrol sold thus reducing the amount of fuel tax for "consolidated revenue", ........ I wonder how they will compensate for this shortfall ?  :huh:

;)

They go to a mileage tax in addition to fuel tax at the pump. They didn't think what the all electric would do to highway funding.

I wonder if this will spill over to backup generators and trailer mounted generators used at work sites?? If the wrong verbiage is used there won't be any power generation. 

Sad situation, 

BS

2 minutes ago, Barry Sloe said:

I wonder if this will spill over to backup generators and trailer mounted generators used at work sites?? If the wrong verbiage is used there won't be any power generation. 

Sad situation, 

BS

That is EXACTLY what is is worded for. NO Gas powered anything.

When California finally just legislates itself out of existence, just shut it down.  Cut off the power and let it collapse.  There will be whaling and all sorts of crying but they did it to themselves.  It'll be ok.  I'll just find another source for my avocados and we make better wine in North Georgia anyway.

7 minutes ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

That is EXACTLY what is is worded for. NO Gas powered anything.

Hospitals are required to have backup generators that can be on-line in under 10 seconds.  I wonder what they are going to do, use battery banks? I fear that they will learn the hard way. 

BS

A couple of years ago I was talking to some people at Ben Avery that were from California. They had a fairly new gas golf cart that they were using for a sporting clays match to get around the range. At that time already...they were NOT allowed to have a gas powered golf cart on a GOLF COURSE!! They could use it for other things...but not golf. Now it seems the Great State of Commiefornia is coming up with a lot more crap. I am really wondering how any sane people stay there.

10 minutes ago, Old Man Graybeard said:

A couple of years ago I was talking to some people at Ben Avery that were from California. They had a fairly new gas golf cart that they were using for a sporting clays match to get around the range. At that time already...they were NOT allowed to have a gas powered golf cart on a GOLF COURSE!! They could use it for other things...but not golf. Now it seems the Great State of Commiefornia is coming up with a lot more crap. I am really wondering how any sane people stay there.

We stay here because we’re stuck. Business interests and the wife’s large family.

1 hour ago, Still hand Bill said:

Actually I believe it’s nothing under 25 hp.  So job sites can get around it by having a 26 hp generator. 

...... 26hp chainsaw ...... how big was that Paul Bunyan feller ... ?  :huh:

The California air resource board is requiring all the Sport fishing boats to upgrade their engines to a new low polluting model unfortunately those engines have yet to be invented,  Their temporary  solution is to have the boats equipped with diesel particulate filters which the Coast Guard says no way in hell to on passenger vessels.  And the craziness goes on.

The wethers (thanks for providing that term, Hardpan) in our State Legislature care not for consequences, nor even for an instant consider that there might be consequences.  They are tightly focused on Stopping Climate Change!!!!! and nothing must impede that goal.

The biggest problem is that they have convinced a large portion of the electorate that they can provide an endless stream of panem et circenses at the expense of The Rich or Big Corporations but only if The Party maintains its total control of our state government.

59 minutes ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

The biggest problem is that they have convinced a large portion of the electorate that they can provide an endless stream of panem et circenses at the expense of The Rich or Big Corporations but only if The Party maintains its total control of our state government.

Sadly, this is likely to be the case.

With the population centers "D" locked and "general gerrymandering," that party owns the state government. Heck... that coupled with the slanted practice of the "Gorilla Primary System," it's now virtually impossible for us to have an "R" senate candidate on the ballots.  :(

The governor (Emperor Newsom) even tried to have Mr Trump blocked from the 2020 California ballot.  

All the more reason for me to drop California rom my touring list.

I wonder when they will start on the airline industries and all the dirty pollutants those nasty 747s pur out when they fly out of LAX?????

5 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

The wethers (thanks for providing that term, Hardpan) in our State Legislature care not for consequences, nor even for an instant consider that there might be consequences.  They are tightly focused on Stopping Climate Change!!!!! and nothing must impede that goal.

And God rest his soul, but the biggest 'cry climate control' who said we all would be devistated and Earth destroyed, passed today at 98yrs old.

At least 20 years past when he said the climate would end???

(Just thinking out loud)

1 hour ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

Curious. I don't live there, so have not read the bill.

It's not a bill.  It's a law.  Emperor Newsom signed it October 19.  [Edit:  Signed October 09]

229672646_EmperorNewsom.jpg.2e5226774af152e01b503474fc72d38d.jpg

Archived