Jump to content
SASS Wire Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sedalia Dave

New Addition to White House Briefing Room

Recommended Posts

Well, 'Bye, Jim~!  ^_^

  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was hoping that there was in intermediary punishment prior to ejection.  Maybe something like a trunk Monkey to smite them with a club first.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Some Leaders just can't stand honest criticism when caught lying.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Colorado Coffinmaker said:

 

Some Leaders just can't stand honest criticism when caught lying.

Especially when surrounded by yes men their whole life. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Colorado Coffinmaker said:

 

Some Leaders just can't stand honest criticism when caught lying.

 

Yeah, but the only President in my memory actually convicted of lying was.....Bill Clinton.

 

LL

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the current Prez dared say "Good Morning!" he'd be accused of lying.   :mellow:

  • Like 8
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Yellowhouse Sam # 25171 said:

I was hoping that there was in intermediary punishment prior to ejection.  Maybe something like a trunk Monkey to smite them with a club first.

Only if the trunk monkey's name is Sampson and he uses Acosta's jawbone.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

If the current Prez dared say "Good Morning!" he'd be accused of lying.   :mellow:

That’s because he would say it at night. Or more likely tweet it

Edited by El Hombre Sin Nombre

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I sincerely hope the President never, ever says he likes coffee.

On that moment there would be a move to outlaw the stuff, simply because he supported it!

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Press conferences are for gaining information not attacking or criticizing.

And for those of you who don’t or won’t support the President you might as well sell your guns now while you still can 

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No matter what Trump does it is wrong...Just like no matter what Obama did, it was right... 

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Linn Keller, SASS 27332, BOLD 103 said:

I sincerely hope the President never, ever says he likes coffee.

On that moment there would be a move to outlaw the stuff, simply because he supported it!

Heaven Forbid, Linn.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am so often confused why people support Trump so vehemently no matter how many times he lies or any mistakes he makes. Every single time he talks, I just cringe because I am pretty sure he is telling a lie about something again. I watch his press conferences and I think to myself if Reagan were up there giving a press conference oh how different it would be. I could see him leading the way, making decisions that might be difficult, but would be based on the expertise around him and not his own whims. And if he got something wrong, he would own it like a true leader and work on getting it right, rather than try to convince the world he wasn't wrong or rewrite history in his favor. So why are people so supportive of Trump? Not being Hillary just isn't enough. At least not in my book. I want our top man to be a leader and not a whining cry baby that threatens or fires anyone that disagrees with him and replace them with yes men or family members. Someone that spends more time in the briefing room than on his twitter account. Just having an R after his name is not enough of a standard for blind support.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, El Hombre Sin Nombre said:

I am so often confused why people support Trump so vehemently no matter how many times he lies or any mistakes he makes. Every single time he talks, I just cringe because I am pretty sure he is telling a lie about something again. I watch his press conferences and I think to myself if Reagan were up there giving a press conference oh how different it would be. I could see him leading the way, making decisions that might be difficult, but would be based on the expertise around him and not his own whims. And if he got something wrong, he would own it like a true leader and work on getting it right, rather than try to convince the world he wasn't wrong or rewrite history in his favor. So why are people so supportive of Trump? Not being Hillary just isn't enough. At least not in my book. I want our top man to be a leader and not a whining cry baby that threatens or fires anyone that disagrees with him and replace them with yes men or family members. Someone that spends more time in the briefing room than on his twitter account. Just having an R after his name is not enough of a standard for blind support.

So I guess by your comment that you must believe that everyone else, Senators, Congressman, Democrats, media personnel are all telling the truth?

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Jeb Stuart #65654 said:

So I guess by your comment that you must believe that everyone else, Senators, Congressman, Democrats, media personnel are all telling the truth?

 

 

 

 

+1:lol:

Edited by Blackwater 53393
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Jeb Stuart #65654 said:

So I guess by your comment that you must believe that everyone else, Senators, Congressman, Democrats, media personnel are all telling the truth?

So your argument is that because I only call out one person for lying I believe everyone else is telling the truth? Pretty sure that’s a logic fail there my friend. And let’s be honest here. All those other lists make it at least a little difficult to tell if they are lying. Trump does a very good job of saving us the trouble. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trump 2020...or you can settle for a bumbling lying idiot. At least the Commie is out of the picture. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s a shame that every word Obama uttered wasn’t fact checked but of course that would have been racist 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, El Hombre Sin Nombre said:

So your argument is that because I only call out one person for lying I believe everyone else is telling the truth? Pretty sure that’s a logic fail there my friend. And let’s be honest here. All those other lists make it at least a little difficult to tell if they are lying. Trump does a very good job of saving us the trouble. 

That's not failed logic, you imply that every time President Trump speaks he's lying, but you fail to call out anyone else. So you must believe they are all telling the truth.  I'm not saying he's perfect or without faults, but he has done more for this country than any of our four previous Presidents combined.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Jeb Stuart #65654 said:

That's not failed logic, you imply that every time President Trump speaks he's lying, but you fail to call out anyone else. So you must believe they are all telling the truth.  I'm not saying he's perfect or without faults, but he has done more for this country than any of our four previous Presidents combined.

It’s a false dichotomy. But wow man. If you feel that way about our president than there’s nothing else to discuss. We are going to end up with Biden because of this “celebrity”, but as long as you think he’s done all that then I guess it doesn’t matter. :blink:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, El Hombre Sin Nombre said:

 We are going to end up with Biden because of this “celebrity”, but as long as you think he’s done all that then I guess it doesn’t matter. :blink:

 

And I suppose you will be voting for “Lyin’ Joe” Biden??? The idiot that stole someone else’s speeches the first time he ran for president and was chased out of the race, lost to Hiliary Clinton because even she was a better choice, couldn’t even get Obama’s endorsement until EVERYBODY else dropped out of the race, and at times can’t even remember what office he’s running for!!

 

 If we do end up with Biden, it will be because those who vote for him simply believe ONLY what the lying, left wing, agenda driven media tells them or are “party lever” voters who refuse to recognize that our current president has led both an economic and employment comeback that was only interrupted by the present health situation, (of dubious origin) which was entirely out of his control!!

 

I only grudgingly apologize for the political inferences, since others saw fit to make it about politics!!!

Edited by Blackwater 53393
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, El Hombre Sin Nombre said:

It’s a false dichotomy. But wow man. If you feel that way about our president than there’s nothing else to discuss. We are going to end up with Biden because of this “celebrity”, but as long as you think he’s done all that then I guess it doesn’t matter. :blink:

Talking politics with a Trump fanatic is like wrestling with a pig, and we know how that story ends. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

There are a number of individuals out there who would make better presidents!!  SADLY!!  None of the parties have chosen to offer better candidates and this time around, so far, none of those better individuals have offered to step up!!

 

I'll take what we have in office now if all the opposition has to offer is what we're left to take in his place!!

 

Unfortunately, in the last fifty years, I've been left to vote AGAINST one or another candidate in all but four presidential elections!! If Biden is the alternative to Trump, I'll be voting against Biden, for DAMNED SURE!!

 

 I'm for term limits and short ones at that!!  I'd like for the election process to change, giving us another ballot selection that's marked NONE OF THE ABOVE!!  Instead of primaries, we could dedicate that time to ballots offered on Saturdays, once every two months.  The respective parties could offer up a candidate or candidates and let them make their views public.  Then we could go to the polls on Saturday and choose a candidate, or NONE OF THE ABOVE!!  If NONE OF THE ABOVE wins, that group of candidates is disqualified and we start over!!  If NONE OF THE ABOVE  wins enough states to capture the electoral college, the process starts over!!

Edited by Blackwater 53393
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

No matter what Trump does it is wrong...Just like no matter what Obama did, it was right... 

And, when in doubt, it's all Bush's fault.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

There are a number of individuals out there who would make better presidents!!  SADLY!!  None of the parties have chosen to offer better candidates and this time around, so far, none of those better individuals have offered to step up!!

 

I'll take what we have in office now if all the opposition has to offer is what we're left to take in his place!!

 

Unfortunately, in the last fifty years, I've been left to vote AGAINST one or another candidate in all but four presidential elections!! If Biden is the alternative to Trump, I'll be voting against Biden, for DAMNED SURE!!

 

 I'm for term limits and short ones at that!!  I'd like for the election process to change, giving us another ballot selection that's marked NONE OF THE ABOVE!!  Instead of primaries, we could dedicate that time to ballots offered on Saturdays, once every two months.  The respective parties could offer up a candidate or candidates and let them make their views public.  Then we could go to the polls on Saturday and choose a candidate, or NONE OF THE ABOVE!!  If NONE OF THE ABOVE wins, that group of candidates is disqualified and we start over!!  If NONE OF THE ABOVE  wins enough states to capture the electoral college, the process starts over!!

I completely agree with you. The bipartisan system we have cornered ourselves in makes us feel like we have to support our side even if the candidate is not worth our admiration. No I will not be voting for lying “sleepy Joe”. But that doesn’t mean I can’t call out Trump for continuing to lie every chance he gets. And it’s not me saying this. He proudly documents everything via twitter. It’s not even remotely difficult to fact check him. He makes it very easy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I agree, I'm tired of Trump's lies. Why can't he be truthful like Obama? You know, like when Obama said, if you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor. If you like your plan, you can keep your plan. And most will see insurance premiums reduced by $2,500.00 a year. Or when he said that there was no corruption in the IRS. That he didn't know Hillary was using an illegal server for emails. That Benghazi wasn't a terrorist attack. And America wasn't exceptional. That high unemployment and low economical growth was the new normal. And that the Iran deal was good for America. etc...…..

(sigh) Why can't we go back to those good old days? 

Edited by Marshal Chance Morgun
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, El Hombre Sin Nombre said:

I completely agree with you. The bipartisan system we have cornered ourselves in makes us feel like we have to support our side even if the candidate is not worth our admiration. No I will not be voting for lying “sleepy Joe”. But that doesn’t mean I can’t call out Trump for continuing to lie every chance he gets. And it’s not me saying this. He proudly documents everything via twitter. It’s not even remotely difficult to fact check him. He makes it very easy. 

 

Don't be mistaken!!  I have vote in EVERY election since becoming eligible to vote and I'm seldom a single issue voter!  I have been forced to cast my vote on many occasions for the lesser of two evils to prevent, (or try to prevent) someone like the most recent former president or his chosen successor from being elected!!  WHATEVER you do, VOTE!!  If you find yourself in a situation like we're in now, cast a vote FOR the prevention of something or someone gaining power as opposed to not casting a vote!

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

 

Don't be mistaken!!  I have vote in EVERY election since becoming eligible to vote and I'm seldom a single issue voter!  I have been forced to cast my vote on many occasions for the lesser of two evils to prevent, (or try to prevent) someone like the most recent former president or his chosen successor from being elected!!  WHATEVER you do, VOTE!!  If you find yourself in a situation like we're in now, cast a vote FOR the prevention of something or someone gaining power as opposed to not casting a vote!

I definitely vote. Every time. But that is a valid point. Many people don’t vote. Typically around 60% of registered voters don’t vote and the biggest reason is because they feel their vote doesn’t count. Those 60%, even split evenly in half, still are more than either Democrat or Republican. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kinda wish this forum allowed political discussion because I'd like to get some specifics on what exactly Trump is lying about.  You said every time he talks he lies.  From my spot in the cheap seats, seems like every time he talks, the media claims he lies, then a day or 2 later we all learn something new and find out Trump was right.  He just seems to always be better informed than everyone in the room.  Chloroquil comes to mind as a relatively recent example. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would support a 2 term limit for politicians- 1 term in office and 1 term in prison.

 

Red Wolf

  • Like 3
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

An oldie, but a goody.

A grade school teacher was asking students what their parents did for a living. "Tim, you're first," she said. "What does your mother do all day?"
Tim stood up and proudly said, "She's a doctor."
"That's wonderful. How about you, Amie?" Amie shyly stood up, scuffed her feet and said, "My father is a mailman."
"Thank you, Amie," said the teacher. "What about your father, little Jimmy?"

Little Jimmy  stood up and announced, "My daddy plays piano in a whorehouse."
The teacher was aghast and promptly changed the subject to geography. Later that day she went to little Jimmy's house and rang the bell. Little Jimmy's mother answered the door. The teacher explained what her son had said and demanded an explanation.
Little Jimmy's mother said, "Little Jimmy's ashamed and too embarrassed to say what his father really does."

"Good Lord." said the teacher, "What would be so bad that would make a son think a piano player in a whore house was something to be proud of?"

"Well," said the mother, " His dad, big Jim, is actually the White House correspondent  For CNN."

Edited by Marshal Chance Morgun
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Red Wolf said:

I would support a 2 term limit for politicians- 1 term in office and 1 term in prison.

 

Red Wolf

 

Have you checked in to Illinois Politics? Most of the governors here serve their last term in jail. They can not live with being supported by the government payroll..

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.