SASS Wire Forum

Meat loaf

Utah Bob #35998

Thanks for posting.

Such emotion with a great feeling of patriotism and pride.

Meat Loaf sings one of my favorite all time songs:  Two Outa Three Ain't Bad.

..........Widder

The way it shouled be sung. With passionand respect. Too many singers want to "perform" it.

37 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

The way it shouled be sung. With passionand respect. Too many singers want to "perform" it.

I especially liked the few seconds he took to get focused on just what he was about to do before the music started.

And folks thought Whitney Houston set the bar!!  Ol' Meatloaf kinda' made that bar look like a limbo stick!!!

That was great!! :FlagAm:  

Not to take anything away from Meatloaf, I still think Whitney does it the best!!! 

To each his own!;)

Also had to notice that not one athlete took a knee. All stood in proud respect.

I always liked Meatloaf .

Even Batter with Taters and Gravy :FlagAm:

17 minutes ago, Charlie Harley, #14153 said:

I always liked his music, but never that video. Well done on all accounts. 

You never liked that video?? But it was well done? I’m confused.

11 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Not to take anything away from Meatloaf, I still think Whitney does it the best!!! 

To each his own!;)

I've long said that Whitney Houston's version was among the best things and the worst things to happen to the song.

The best, because not only was it an amazing rendition, but given the timing of it, as we were preparing for a ground offensive and who knew what was to come, it was the right rendition of the right song at the right time.

The worst, because everyone since has been trying to top it.

14 hours ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

Thanks for posting.

Such emotion with a great feeling of patriotism and pride.

Meat Loaf sings one of my favorite all time songs:  Two Outa Three Ain't Bad.

..........Widder

Definitely one of his better pieces of work in my mind. A number of good songs off that album. Yes, I will admit to being a fan of 'Paradise by the Dashboard Light.'

20 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

To each his own!;)

Once more we'll have to agree to disagree ;)

Her rendition was one of the worst ever.

2 minutes ago, Tyrel Cody said:

Once more we'll have to agree to disagree ;)

Her rendition was one of the worst ever.

You're definitely in the minority on that one but like I said, To each his own!  

While Whitney Houston's rendition was clean and well done, this offering by Meatloaf was sung from the heart with pride, feeling, and a joy in being American!!  The song is meant to be sung with pride and gusto!!  It's meant to have a bit of a martial feel with kind of a chest pounding, "standing with your compatriots and facing the world with pride" bravado about it!!

The man captured all of that!! He's that guy standing behind the third base dugout, so proud of his flag and country, singing at the top of his lungs for the whole world to see and hear!!!

2 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

While Whitney Houston's rendition was clean and well done, this offering by Meatloaf was sung from the heart with pride, feeling, and a joy in being American!!  The song is meant to be sung with pride and gusto!!  It's meant to have a bit of a martial feel with kind of a chest pounding, "standing with your compatriots and facing the world with pride" bravado about it!!

The man captured all of that!! He's that guy standing behind the third base dugout, so proud of his flag and country, singing at the top of his lungs for the whole world to see and hear!!!

My thoughts exactly! :FlagAm:

44 minutes ago, J. Mark Flint #31954 LIFE said:

Jack Black also does a hell of a version 

Sounded (and looked) like he said "what so proudly we hails" and "Gave proof through the light". Decent effort though.

Archived