SASS Wire Forum

A Stocking for a Pet?

Widder, SASS #59054

The Bunkhouse Boss has placed a stocking on the mantle, above the fire place, for Bandit, worlds

smartest Schnauzer/Terrier.

And, she'll probably find a bunch of animal goodies to stuff it with.

Do any of you treat your pet with such Royalty?

P.S. - He'll probably get more than me from Santa.

..........Widder

Yup. My Border Collie Bo has had his own stocking every year since we got him. He know exactly which one is his too. My other border collie Bailey  has one but she couldn't care less because Bo has one as well and that means she has two.

Of course!

All our pets, even our budgie, got a stocking! 

And they seemed to know which one was whose!

The bird would fly over to the mantle and sit on the edge of his stocking peering in, talking a mile a minute.

The Dogs presents were always wrapped in krinkly rice paper and they would open their own!

It used to almost kill them to watch over them until Christmas morning and we gave them to go ahead to open. Then - LOOK OUT!

You Betchum, Red Ryder...!   ;)

No dogs at present, but the two cats will get treats and a couple of stuffed mouses.  Heck... even the chickens will probably get a "flock block" to share.   ^_^

When our dog Charlie was still alive he had a stocking right up there on the fireplace with ours. This is the first Christmas in 12 years where there’s only two stockings up there.:(

1 hour ago, Noz said:

Dogs believe in Santa, cats don't.

Noz,  you are purrrzackly right.

I was talking to Bandit (my dog) yesterday.   He told me the cats next door (Bernard and Gertrude) wanted to know

why everyone was decorating the houses with lights and such.   When he told them

about Santa, they snickered at him and said it was crazy for anyone to believe in

flying reindeer.

He walked back home, dug a hole in the back yard and buried their new toy 'squeaky mouse'

he got them for Christmas.  

Ya don't mess with Bandit...... and he don't joke around about flying reindeer.

Hey, this is a true story.   I don't make this stuff up.

..........Widder

And sometimes the suspense almost kills them. Tippy would sit or lie under hers and whimper a bit, while staring at it. (Lord I miss that little mutt)

4 hours ago, Noz said:

Dogs believe in Santa, cats don't.

Balderdash.  -_-  Mine do!  :)

I raised 'em right...!   ^_^

They don't really but they know a good thing when they see it and will continue to play along with you.

Calamity Myke told me she'd hung stockings for me, Pike, herself, and my dog Blackie . . . but none for her dog . . . cuz it gets too many treats already ! :o

. . . . so . . . I have collected a bunch of treats for her dog (  Sara-Sue ) and will get a big stocking to stuff them in . . . arrive with it on Christmas morning.  Her dog needs a stocking on Christmas . . . just like the rest of us.   :)

We started doing this with our first dog Oscar when we got married.  He was a slightly larger Benji type dog. Wrapped a tennis ball in tissue paper and put it deep under the tree.  Christmas morning we said "go find your present " and he already knew which was his cause he made a beeline for it. I figured he had been checking out what wasunder the tree at night while we slept. 

Archived