SASS Wire Forum

TSA finds

Guest Grass Range #51406

Guest Grass Range #51406

TSA confiscated 2653 firearms from travelers carry-on bags in 2015. Stupid people giving gun owners a bad name

Not necessarily.

Perhaps I should have asked "how many of them folks went to jail?"

Have any of the wizzards of smart speculated on why it increased so much? My own personal guess is that I bet overall airline travel went up in 2015. Someone let me know when they sell these guns at auction.

Maybe they started counting toy guns and the ones made from Pop Tarts? :wacko::wacko::wacko:

The will NEVER sell those guns at auction. :(

With the talent level of TSA I wonder how many guns got through, undetected.

Question of the Day: What happened to those 2653 guns? I'm not that comfortable with TSA having that many guns at their disposal. Fact is I'm not comfortable with TSA having any guns at their disposal.

PF

Question of the Day: What happened to those 2653 guns? I'm not that comfortable with TSA having that many guns at their disposal. Fact is I'm not comfortable with TSA having any guns at their disposal.

PF

I'm not comfortable with the TSA.

I'm with Birdgun on this one. There is no way that many people would have a firearm in a carry on in 2015.

Now I know y'all are not suggesting a government agency would fabricate numbers to support an agenda...

TSA should post the real facts:

# terrorist caught since TSA inception: 0

# TSA people caught stealing passengers' property: 400

I would never suggest an agency would manipulate facts to justify its existence.

I would never accuse an agency of having an agenda contrary to the liberties specified by the constitution.

I would certainly never accuse an agency of overstepping its authority by inturpiting its own rules rather than enforcing laws that exist.

These are not the droids your looking for. Move along !

I do think they are out of control. I'm on the side of "fabricated statistics," based on wild interpretation of "gun".

A few years ago, I saw a woman lay into a TSA guy for speaking suggestively to, digging through and holding up for inspection, every (very) private thing an attractive little girl about 14-15 (traveling alone) had brought with her. Called him a pervert, among other things.

Usually they scarcely look at me as I have been coded as a known, no-risk flyer (forget what that's called).

HEE HEE I no longer have to take off my shoes any more!

:)

If that is so, I'd love to know how many bottles of shaving cream, contact lense solution or oversized bottles of lotion they confiscated. I don't think they would have a warehouse big enough for it!

TSA confiscated 2653 firearms from travelers carry-on bags in 2015. Stupid people giving gun owners a bad name

Being confined to home due to recent major surgery means I am watching a lot more TV. I watched a news report just the other day about airport security. The video that accompanied the news report showed a TSA Agent conducting a pat-down search on a passenger who was a....

a elderly lady in a wheelchair.

I personally witnessed the TSA performing a pat-search of a frail, elderly lady (80's yoa) in a wheelchair once when I was flying out.

Maybe those 2,600 + passengers don't trust their safety with the TSA and are accepting responsibility for their own safety.

"Just let 'em eat cake and fly private jets like we doooo...." :lol:

Good to see ol' Ray's still steamin' along. :)

The guns went into the trash with my toothpaste and honey?

TSA threw your bomb material

into the barrel with the other bomb material

Creating one big bomb

located in a congested public area.

I would never suggest an agency would manipulate facts to justify its existence.

I would never accuse an agency of having an agenda contrary to the liberties specified by the constitution.

I would certainly never accuse an agency of overstepping its authority by inturpiting its own rules rather than enforcing laws that exist.

These are not the droids your looking for. Move along !

I see what you did there.........Jedi mind bending at it's best.......Of course, you know that a 9 year old can mind bend a TSA agent.

Archived