SASS Wire Forum

Leonard Nimoy passes

Smoken D

Live long and prosper. We will miss you Spock.

LeonardNimoy

Many good roles troughout his career. May he rest in peace in the cosmos.

And who ddn't get misty eyed when they fired Mr. Spock's casket into the void as Amazing Grace played?

Although I never met him in person, I felt that he has always been and will be my friend! I never saw all the episodes of the original series of Star Trek...some of the time, I was out on dispatch, servicing our Minuteman I ICBM's! I did see all of the motion pictures he made as Spock. The character Nimoy portrayed was, as has been said, was in many ways the most human! Rest In Peace, Leonard Nimoy/Mr. Spock. We will miss you! :(:(:(

Few actors can say that millions of people have quoted their lines and emulated their actions. Mr. Nimoy's portrayal of Mr. Spock is one for the ages.

As a kid, we watched Star Trek and tried the Vulcan Mind Probe, Vulcan Nerve Pinch and used the "live long and prosper" have gesture all the time. My stepfather was so logical that I called him Mr. Spock....behind his back, of course. He found out about it anyway and it is still a family joke to this day.

Although after the tv series ended, he tried to get out from under the Mr. Spock personna, he later embraced the culture that it created.

Thank You Mr. Nimoy or all of your portrayals of charactors......but expecially Mr. Spock.

May you find eternal peace.

CS

Leonard Nimoy was an American original. Son of immigrants that lived his dream and shared it with the world. How many people did he influence? We will never know but he touched millions. It is a sad, sad day and tremendous loss. Warp speed, Mr. Spock. And thank you Mr. Nimoy.

Let's not forget the Westerns!

Catlow 1971

The Virginian 1963

Gunsmoke 1961

The Tallman 1960

Wagon Train 1959

I watched Star Trek too. Mainly because the wife liked it. Nimoy came to my city in the 70's to film a movie at a ranch just out of town. He and his crew stayed at one of the nicer Inn's here. When they left they had destroyed about a dozen rooms. Holes punched in the walls, closet doors torn out of the frames and kicked in. Broken TV's. The list goes on. When the owner of the Inn sent him a bill for the damages told him about what had been damaged; his response was "sue me, I have enough lawyers to keep you tied up in court for years". Never cared much for him after that. They never did get paid for that. The newspaper here said the damages were close to $10,000.

Thank you sir ~

the REAL reason for the Vulcan greeting :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyiWkWcR86I

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Thanks for that Gunner, I'd heard something about that years ago but never got it right from Nimoy. Interesting! ;)

Tonight on METV, they are airing episodes of TV shows where Leonard Nimoy did guest appearances. Starting at 8 PM Eastern.

Yesterday saw a Rawhide where he played an Indian.

For whatever reason, the universe is arranged so that it is aware of itself, so that it can think, consider, and grow, because we humans, and dogs, and cats, and things also beyond our ken, are part of this universe. This---life---is to me the most miraculous part of the universe.

It is because Life is so wonderful that Death, to me, is so horrible. I don't know what it all involves. I know what happens to the body---but what about coalesced energy that may be a side-effect of bodily processes---a soul, to some---or what about interactions between energetic levels in the universe---Higgs Field?---and a residual coalesced energy?

We are built to only perceive part of the universe. We cannot see infared, but we sense it as heat. We cannot define gravity, but we feel weight. .... So what parts of the universe that relate to the continuation of part of a being can we also not perceive? Maybe that we sense but cannot yet pin down?

My husband was a man of science.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_F_Ware_Jr

Though I am no engineer or scientist, a liberal arts major, he nonetheless taught me how to think---for which I am thankful, as he is no longer with me to help. And when he passed, it was the hardest thing I could ever endure.

I never want anyone to pass. Friends. Family. People i dont know. Soldiers. Robin Williams. Leonard Nimoy.... I take it hard. I always pray fir some good side of it,.trusting the universe that gave us this miracle to also have more to life than I can perceive.

I didn't know Lronard in person. I interacted with him via movies.

So when he passed, the only way to say goodbye was by watching Star Trek 2, 3, and 4---one movie, really, a trilogy, wherein he lived with friends, died, resurrected, had fun, helped others, and played. Watching him play in SFO Bay with friends at the end was beautiful.

We will all go his way in time.

For those like me who wonder about a continuance in an existence, I can only remind us that, though we cannot empiracly confirm it yet, 20 years ago we we did not know about 96% of the universe (Dark Energy n Dark Matter), were still in doubt about dimentionsl aspects which may be gravity, had not yet confirmed the Higgs Field, on and on.

Carl Sagsn ("Contact") might be glad to hear me say that some spiritual insights may gave been hinting at part of the Truth, that there is something that continues, that we have sensed without evidence.

May God shine blessings upon you. Leonard

May powers that be guide us all kindly when we come along as well.

Archived