SASS Wire Forum

Is Colorado doomed on gun control?

Mad Dog McGee

I hope that the Gov. won't sign the gun bills headed his way! People better wake up and take a stand!

If he signs the bills I hope they vote EVERYONE of them out that helped pass them! I also hope that NOT ONE gun mfg., mag. mfg., or any type of gun be sold to any gov. agency. in Colorado. Can't believe people are that stupid! NUFF SAID

Mad Dog McGee

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nope, the supposed governor is going to be more than happy to sign those bills. According to what was on the news this morning, he thinks the pro-gun people are a small minority, and they don't represent either the middle of the roaders or the Republicans......

I think he's been into the Amendment 64 stuff already!

Here's your answer--the slime

See video clip here:

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...-wont-hurt-me/

According to this report, Colorado Governor John
Hickenlooper has stopped hemming and hawing about whether or not he’ll
sign the magazine capacity bill. TheHickster
says he’s gonna do it to limit lawful gun owners’ ability to shoot
deadly assailants. Or maybe it was something about criminals. Anyway,
Mapgpul execs are busy packing both heat and boxes, ready to move to
somewhere where their standard capacity mags and mag-making machinery
are more welcome thanSandra Scholz
at a Playboy crayfish festival. Hickenlooper understands the economic
fallout but reckons the loss of 200 jobs won’t hurt his political
career. So that’s that then.

I've got one daughter-in-law who's folks live in Colorado. I always enjoy going to Colorado. Guess I will have to re-think my carry guns so I don't run afoul of any dangerous magazine ban. Can anybody say California East! Can't take high caps there either!

Youn ought to see it from ground zero.

And plenty of people are awake and fighting!

More info on what's happening in Colorado on the Team SASS forum.

Sad to see what is happening to the beautiful, diverse state of Colorado. This is what it has lead to:

Already threatening to leave Colorado if House Bill 1224 becomes law, Magpul Industries now says it will not sell gun magazines to law enforcement officers unless they pledge to uphold the Second and 14th amendments to the U.S. Constitution.

VOTE'EM OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Then REPEAL all the stupid, senseless laws! Utah Bob , prayers and thoughts for you Pard! You could always move back here to Florida! Sure miss you and your .45's shooting REAL black powder loaded to the max! Mad Dog McGee

What's now going to be the max for a detachable mag in Co??

LG

At first, it was 10 rounds! Then they finally changed it to 15 rounds for rifles and pistols; eight for shotguns (to "prevent" folks from adding extensions to their pump or semi-autos). I haven't read the entire bill, but there does NOT seem to be any exemption for lever action tubular magazines. I don't see any problem for M1860 Henry Repeating Rifle Replicas chambered for .44-40 or .45LC, as they only load 13. But I don't know how .357 Mag will be regarded if .38 Specials are loaded! Don't know if there is any grandfathering of existing 15+ magazines, such as the 20 round ones sold originally with some Ruger Mini-14's, AR-15's, etc. Also don't know if magazines modified to accept only 15 rounds will be acceptable. Just have to wait and see... :(

You just have to be sure now, on your scout's honor, that you won't load anymore than the law allows. (I'm being sarcastic, consider New York where I live :( )

What's now going to be the max for a detachable mag in Co??

LG

15 rounds if the bill passes.

From an NRA/ILA update I got this morning all 7 anti-gun bills passed the Senate in Colorado. Sorry pards, hard to digest this with yer breakfast I know.

Rye

http://www.nraila.org/news-issues/in-the-news/2013/3/colorado-gun-bills-lawmakers-spar-for-seven-rounds-of-bills.aspx

Y'all have a tough road ahead of you. Make the calls, write the letters, get all your gun owning friends to do the same. Get enough pressure on them and they will back down, but it will take everyone pulling to make it happen.

Sorry, Pards, there was on the one side of my desk a new lease for our offices in CO where we've spent the last 23 years. On the other side was a purchase agreement on a new building next to Corbon, Dakota Arms, Samson Exhaust in Sturgis SD.

My experience having watched California go down this slippery slope beginning 3 decades ago told me all that I needed to know. Sure, we're a small business, and friends who have been with us for up to 16 years can't move because they are underwater in their homes or don't want to leave family.

BUT, my view is that once this kind of thinking becomes main stream it spreads into all facets of oife until the place is unrecognizable. I am just now returning from visiting Mom in the prison camp that is Los Angeles. I could feel the sigh of relief when I made the UT border.

Good luck! Come visit where cowboys are real!

I feel for ya pards. I expect that Maryland will be in lock step with you shortly, except we will be stuck with 10 rounds.

Keep yelling at the Governor, not that it will do any good, but at least that way you will know you did all you could before you were forced to move.

Dogmeat Dad

The trails of Kit Carson. The land of the Arapaho, the Cheyenne, the Ute, the Comanche and the Shoshone. The mines of Leadville, South Park and the San Juans. I caught my first 2 4-pound Rainbow Trout within an hour of Denver. Shot my first Elk in the mountains above Troublesome Creek.

All that before Colorado became feminized. The Colorado State Animal is changing from the Bighorn Sheep to the Stoner and the Soccer Mom.

Bah!

THX, and I wish you the best in this fight.

We here in Ca, are stuck with 10 rnd max in a detachable mags(rifle or handgun).

Plus, we only have certain HG's that can be sold here.....

I DO WISH THE NRA WOULD GET OFF IT'S ARSE, AND DO SOMEDANGTHING! Besides, buying NASCAR races. :angry::angry:

LG

From an NRA/ILA update I got this morning all 7 anti-gun bills passed the Senate in Colorado. Sorry pards, hard to digest this with yer breakfast I know.

Rye

http://www.nraila.org/news-issues/in-the-news/2013/3/colorado-gun-bills-lawmakers-spar-for-seven-rounds-of-bills.aspx

Rye, thank god you didn't actually read the article. It said that the 7 bills passed out of committee. They still have to face the full senate.

By late Monday, two Democrat controlled Senate committees had passed all seven bills regarding stricter gun control.

I hope that Colorado wakes up....most of us are against this nonsense...but the Front Range holds all the votes....we have been fighting but our voices don't always carry to Denver...it's very frustrating......I love Colorado but it makes me want to move to Arizona or Texas....Can people really be that stupid and uninfomed...or maybe brainwashed by the media?????

Aneeda Huginkiss

Remember folks, if it can happen here it can happen anywhere. Don't get complacent! Stay vigilant.

As Brother King pointed out, we here in CA have been trying to face down this kind of garbage for a while now. And, in general, we got crap from those of you in other states, making jokes about CA, land of fruits and nuts. We kept trying to tell you that we needed help fighting it here, because sure as hell, if it takes hold here, it will spread. And, in general, we got "Well, you voted 'em in!" line thrown at us. (I'm saying "in general" because I know there are a few who do and did support us, but they seemed to be the exception).

I have said in both the recent and distant past that the NRA has pretty much written off CA, paying a little lip service to us, and occasionally stepping in on a case after someone else has done most of the heavy lifting. "Well, the NRA has limited resources, gotta pick its battles carefully. Can't throw all the money at stuff they can't win." Well, guess what? That attitude has led to this situation in CO, and in NY, and WA, and OR, and...and....and.... Quite possibly, if there had been an all out effort on combating a lot of these laws that were first tested in CA, they would not have spread as they are doing now.

Sorry for the rant, but I needed to get that off my chest.

Well it seems that some are finally WAKING-UP,,,, Any time the Anti's win ANY victory ANYWHERE they are emboldened to KEEP CHIPPING AWAY at the RIGHTS of ALL gunowners !!!!

When are you south of the boarder going to awaken and SEE that any loss of Gunowners Rights Anywhere affects Your Rights ....

The Anti's are Masters of slintering Us into smaller Self interest groups ,,,,,,,,,,,And eating US up one at a time ....

Freedom Loving Citizens, Must learn to hang together ,,,,,,,or we'll all hang separately !!!

Jabez Cowboy

I hope that Colorado wakes up....most of us are against this nonsense...but the Front Range holds all the votes....we have been fighting but our voices don't always carry to Denver...it's very frustrating......I love Colorado but it makes me want to move to Arizona or Texas....Can people really be that stupid and uninfomed...or maybe brainwashed by the media?????

Aneeda Huginkiss

Aneeda we in California have been fighting this very same battle for years.

As Brother King pointed out, we here in CA have been trying to face down this kind of garbage for a while now. And, in general, we got crap from those of you in other states, making jokes about CA, land of fruits and nuts. We kept trying to tell you that we needed help fighting it here, because sure as hell, if it takes hold here, it will spread. And, in general, we got "Well, you voted 'em in!" line thrown at us. (I'm saying "in general" because I know there are a few who do and did support us, but they seemed to be the exception).

I have said in both the recent and distant past that the NRA has pretty much written off CA, paying a little lip service to us, and occasionally stepping in on a case after someone else has done most of the heavy lifting. "Well, the NRA has limited resources, gotta pick its battles carefully. Can't throw all the money at stuff they can't win." Well, guess what? That attitude has led to this situation in CO, and in NY, and WA, and OR, and...and....and.... Quite possibly, if there had been an all out effort on combating a lot of these laws that were first tested in CA, they would not have spread as they are doing now.

I agree 100% with what Joe says.

Something I've said for at least 15 years is we are fighting the wrong kind of battle we are fighting a defensive battle, We need to be fighting an offensive battle. Every time they even think about some Gun Control we need to file lawsuits and get them in court and make them have to spend all their money defending themselves. But every time I bring it up somebody tells me I am full of S*** and "we can't do that" or "it will not work". Guess what that is exactly what they are doing to us, they are making us spend all our time and money defending our position.

As far as the NRA and the Republican party both of them have written off California

I said it when it hit the fan in New York, and some folks were smiling and saying come live here or there and so on, this is a cancer, nothing to laugh at no matter where you live!!! You have to stop a cancer or it spreads!!! No one is safe anymore, no one!!! Never say never anymore. As many times as I wanted to throw in the towel I just can't. We have to vote these bastards out. And if you do not vote you are the problem!! And I'm willing bet there are many here on the wire that do not vote!!!! Get registered and vote!! If you do not, you are the problem!!!

We have to fight this cancer that is kiling our great country!! :angry:

That ain't NO RANT. What it is, IS COLD HARD FRIK'N FACT :excl::excl:

It's been said before......."As Ca. goes, SO DOES THE NATION".

NRA hasn't done a lick of CRAP, to help us out either....... :angry::angry::angry:

So, you out there that like to run your mouth loose mak'n those SA remarks about Ca. :rolleyes:

Just remember that crap, when you want OUR help. <_<

LG

Folks just don't get it!

There is NOTHING you can do in Colorado to change things. It's too late. The state has "flipped" just like Massachusetts, NY, California, Maryland, Connecticut, Ohio, etc........Over 51% of the voters are extreme liberal, union workers, on food stamps, illigal aliens, native Americans, on welfare or work for the government.........and they all vote lock step with liberal Democrats...........you can't win. It's over. I saw it happen here in Massachusetts over the past thirty years.

And the worse part of it, is it has happened to the whole country at large..............not sure what the answer will be, but the future looks really bleak to these 60 year old eyes.

Gun owners are not helping..........80 million gun owners in America and only three million belong to the NRA. And when asked why they don't belong you get answers like......"They send out too much literature"....or...."They are constantly asking for money".....or some other nonesense. Folks that use shotguns have no need for AR15s.....Some folks think a magazine ban is fine.......Many gun owners thing 100% back ground checks are OK.........All of this is the "Camels nose under the tent".......Look at NY......Lets ban anything over ten rounds.....no, let's make it 7.........the next tragady it will be five........

Sorry for the rant..........

Folks just don't get it!

There is NOTHING you can do in Colorado to change things. It's too late. The state has "flipped" just like Massachusetts, NY, California, Maryland, Connecticut, Ohio, etc........Over 51% of the voters are extreme liberal, union workers, on food stamps, illigal aliens, native Americans, on welfare or work for the government.........and they all vote lock step with liberal Democrats...........you can't win. It's over. I saw it happen here in Massachusetts over the past thirty years.

And the worse part of it, is it has happened to the whole country at large..............not sure what the answer will be, but the future looks really bleak to these 60 year old eyes.

Gun owners are not helping..........80 million gun owners in America and only three million belong to the NRA. And when asked why they don't belong you get answers like......"They send out too much literature"....or...."They are constantly asking for money".....or some other nonesense. Folks that use shotguns have no need for AR15s.....Some folks think a magazine ban is fine.......Many gun owners thing 100% back ground checks are OK.........All of this is the "Camels nose under the tent".......Look at NY......Lets ban anything over ten rounds.....no, let's make it 7.........the next tragady it will be five........

I am afraid you hit the nail on the head with your assesment of Colorado and the USA in general.

Folks just don't get it!

I think you are 100% right!

RRR

VOTE'EM OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Then REPEAL all the stupid, senseless laws! Utah Bob , prayers and thoughts for you Pard! You could always move back here to Florida! Sure miss you and your .45's shooting REAL black powder loaded to the max! Mad Dog McGee

Don't expect the new boss to repeal laws of the old boss.......

I don't think anti gun laws have been repealed anywhere........(not 100% true, anti CCW laws have been repealed in some places)

Look at Venezuela, with Chavez gone, you think those people will get freedoms back?

I think Roy B is right about it being too late in Colorado.

Yet the gun owner comment is BS.

The core problem in this country is that voters have not been taught how to vote.

They vote with emotion, reproductive organs, and lack of consideration of what the nation, state, or community REALLY needs.

The general anti gun sentiments in this country are derived from a very biased education system.

My 2 cents worth.

The breaking point for Colorado was the influx of folks from New Orleans after Katrina. We need a few cold winters in the Rocky Mountain region and it may push many of the interlopers back to a warmer climate.

LL'

South Dakota, Wyoming, Montana, Idaho, Texas, Arizona, Utah have almost banded together in opposition to or in spite of the liberal agenda.

Sturgis SD has been quite agressive in the last 10 years recruting. Outdoor and Firearm related design and manufacturing companies from business unfriendly states like California and Colorado.

Just got a reply from 'my' state senator explaining why he totally ignored my input and voted for the foolishness in committee. He got a somewhat terse reply asking for evidence that the measures were needed at all, and evidence that they will work. Of course he can't give me any, because there isn't any. Yet I cited and linked several studies and statistics that demonstrate that they won't work. Not that I expected anything from him, he's the one who introduced a bill to lower mandatory sentencing.

I will keep up the fight now, and come next election you can bet I will be more active that ever before.

Archived