SASS Wire Forum

Is Colorado doomed on gun control?

Mad Dog McGee

But at this point I really don't care.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now that I've vented doesn't this thread belong in team sass lets get back to things associated with the old triple click, bang and clang.

Liberal pee on the great state of Colorado...they pee'd on other states regarding gun rights and continue their bladder run across the nation.

Colorado which I always saw as a state rich in old west values has now become the state that reflects the 'new' west and it's anti-gun PC platform. ~ shameful. Too bad for folks that live there....hope y'all can recall and/or vote in some strong conservatives next election.

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Liberalism in Colorado is centered in Boulder and Denver.

The rest of the state is more shall we say western in leaning.

I'm just glad you were able to get that constipation relieved in a manner that didn't harm you or anyone else.

Did you have a solution to offer or did I miss it? Seems like most are pretty aware of the fact that our represetatives are busy ignoring the Constitution as well as we who are concerned about it.

Most all agree that urban flight from liberal cities and states has dramatically changed the political landscape in previously more conservative states like CO. You read that as blame. I don't, but I also don't see a solution from your post.

Maybe I'm dense... so can you tell me what I should do to change it?

Liberalism in Colorado is centered in Boulder and Denver.

The rest of the state is more shall we say western in leaning.

But we will all be painted with the same brush pard. Just like people bash California, the birthplace of SASS and home to many of our friends. It's easy to sit in judgement and make diparaging remarks about another state...until suddenly you are that other state.

I live in a rural conservative dounty of farms and ranches. The multiterm Sheriff is a Democrat but staunch 2a proponent, happy to issue ccw permits to his constituents.

But the power base is in the urban corridor and it's liberal. We can't help that folks. Demographics of many states have changed over the past few years s don't think it can't happen where you live. If only we could run a fence along the divide and split the state like Virginia.

West Colorado or bust! ;)

Longhorn Jack,

I hope your post doesn't get pulled and you are welcome here. SASS, just like the rest of the country, spans the full spectrum of beliefs, attitudes, and emotions. Some are "From My Cold Dead Hands" and some are "Reasonable Restrictions". SASS members, like the rest of the country is comprised of people from Rural, Suburban, and Urban areas, of all races and most religions. The problem is, as a country, we have forgotten we are all Americans. Unfortunately, I think a growing segment of the population thinks they are Somthing-American with the "Something" taking precedence. Blame the schools, blame the libs, blame the conservatives, take your pick. Unless we return to being a Nation of Laws instead of a Me First nation of separate groups, we are destined to fail.

I have believed, for at least a decade, that the real problem is the urbanization of the country. When the population of the cities exceeds that of the rural areas, the states seem to become more and more liberal in their politics. This is probably because urban populations need a larger, more powerful governments in order to function. I watched Maryland transition from a primarily rural state to a primarily urban state in my lifetime, and it is getting worse by the day. While the state has been predominately Democratic during that entire period, the politics have become drastically more liberal during that transition. Now we have a government that is attempting (and in most cases succeeding) at controlling every aspect of life in the state. It is a true tragedy.

SASS is SASS and the WIRE is NOT SASS! Fight the fight, but go out and shoot, at least while we can!

Dogmeat Dad

I've written every political representative that I can think of. I've finally gotten replies from them all. Some more than a month after I wrote them.

They don't care about our rights, especially the 2 A.

All they care about is doling (sp) out entitlements to their supporters. Look at the climate in the US these days. Occupy igits, soda banning, plastic bag banning, Elizabeth Hasselbeck getting fired from the View because she was their one token good sense member, Oprah, etc... These people think they are doing the right thing and that makes them unreachable.

I talk to everyone I know about these issues and they turn a deaf ear, even if they agree with me. My Dad is pro gun, owns some. I'm talking to him and he thinks we need to be quiet so they don't target him. I tell him that is exactly what not to do. Make your voice heard, before that right is trampled too.

I'll keep fighting... but at this point, I'm hoping for a military coupe or a biblical arse-kicking.

But we will all be painted with the same brush pard. Just like people bash California, the birthplace of SASS and home to many of our friends. It's easy to sit in judgement and make diparaging remarks about another state...until suddenly you are that other state.

I live in a rural conservative dounty of farms and ranches. The multiterm Sheriff is a Democrat but staunch 2a proponent, happy to issue ccw permits to his constituents.

But the power base is in the urban corridor and it's liberal. We can't help that folks. Demographics of many states have changed over the past few years s don't think it can't happen where you live. If only we could run a fence along the divide and split the state like Virginia.

Same thing here in WA. Eastern WA just hates the Western WA liberals clustered in King, Snohomish, Pierce and Thurston counties. They control the state.

after the bills are signed the NRA should get all NRA MEMBERS TO STOP HUNTING IN COLORADO,including those that live in colorado.that would hit the polititions in the pocket and take a big income from the state.it would maybe cause a lot of politicions to loose campains in the next election.

I've written every political representative that I can think of. I've finally gotten replies from them all. Some more than a month after I wrote them.

They don't care about our rights, especially the 2 A.

All they care about is doling (sp) out entitlements to their supporters. Look at the climate in the US these days. Occupy igits, soda banning, plastic bag banning, Elizabeth Hasselbeck getting fired from the View because she was their one token good sense member, Oprah, etc... These people think they are doing the right thing and that makes them unreachable.

I talk to everyone I know about these issues and they turn a deaf ear, even if they agree with me. My Dad is pro gun, owns some. I'm talking to him and he thinks we need to be quiet so they don't target him. I tell him that is exactly what not to do. Make your voice heard, before that right is trampled too.

I'll keep fighting... but at this point, I'm hoping for a military coupe or a biblical arse-kicking.

A military coup? Seriously?

Son you have no idea what you're wishing for. :angry:

No that I've been put in my place by private and public messages I've deleted my previous post to cause as little heartache as possible . What I was trying to get across was get rid of the idiotic public servants who won't listen to their constitutes. I'm sorry for you out there in Colorado I thinl its to late after reading some of the updates in other areas of the forum. Those idiots have an agenda and they are going to follow it to the letter. I for one will never apply for another elk or mule deer tag fishing license or spend anymore money in the state of Colorado again. I am already in the process of cropping Colorado I off my international fuel tax agreement I now it's only a drop in the bucket but enough drops will add up.

I hate spell check makes me look like I'm a complete dyslexic idiot.

A military coup? Seriously?

Son you have no idea what you're wishing for. :angry:

well, OK. I was a bit over the top on that one (bit old to be your son at 47 but I'd put myself up for adoption, again) but I am as frustrated as most. There is no reasoning with the extremist anti-gunners.

And if we don't think there are military types thinking it, we're as naive as ever.

Besides, wouldn't the biblical thingee be worse?

Pretty obvious that the centers of liberalism in CO are clearly boulder and denver.

While liberalism isn't the only problem that makes a state go blue, clearly democrats have a higher percentage that vote to ignore the constitution and favor nanny type laws.

That doesn't mean that all democrats are anti-gun but some are.

I have not seen nor heard of too many anti-gun republicans. I would money that there are some.

Most cities in the country are dominated by democrats.

In a state where most of population is based in cities, it is obvious that the state flip to democrat at some point.

It is like a form of contamination.

I happen to live in El Paso county where the multiterm sherrif is a pro 2nd A. I don't know what party he is from. I suspect republican.

The power base is based upon population centers. Clearly these are Denver, Colorado Springs, Pueblo, and Boulder. All are on the front range along major north south roads I-25, 36.

I'm just glad you were able to get that constipation relieved in a manner that didn't harm you or anyone else.

Did you have a solution to offer or did I miss it? Seems like most are pretty aware of the fact that our represetatives are busy ignoring the Constitution as well as we who are concerned about it.

Most all agree that urban flight from liberal cities and states has dramatically changed the political landscape in previously more conservative states like CO. You read that as blame. I don't, but I also don't see a solution from your post.

Maybe I'm dense... so can you tell me what I should do to change it?

I also don't see a solution in your post. So why don't we agree that there is not much that can be done at this point and stop accusing each other of garbage.

after the bills are signed the NRA should get all NRA MEMBERS TO STOP HUNTING IN COLORADO,including those that live in colorado.that would hit the polititions in the pocket and take a big income from the state.it would maybe cause a lot of politicions to loose campains in the next election.

Sad to say but most politicians don't really care.

It is my guess that hunting, firearms manufacturing are small potatoes compared to colleges, skiing and real estate scams er development.

Same thing here in WA. Eastern WA just hates the Western WA liberals clustered in King, Snohomish, Pierce and Thurston counties. They control the state.

Yep - and Oregon too. Most of the state would be considered conservative, but Portland, and most of Multnomah County, and Salem, are the liberal hubs that have all the voting power.

Here is an email from Sen Brophy on Saturday:

After over twelve hours of debate yesterday, the senate killed House Bill 1226, which would have banned concealed carry on college campuses,
and Senate Bill 196, which would have held firearms manufacturers liable for damages caused by people using their products. We couldn't have
defeated these bills without the actions of thousands of Second Amendment supporters who called and e-mailed their representatives,
attended townhall meetings, and came to the capitol in droves to testify on the bills and oppose the gun grabbers.

The fight's not over yet, though. House Bills 1224, 1228, and 1229 and Senate Bills 195 and 197 passed and will be heard by the Senate once again on Monday.We still have a chance to stop these bills. Yesterday, we packed the senate gallery with Second Amendment supporters, forcing senators to face the
people of Colorado before voting. I hope you can make it to the capitol Monday to watch the final vote.

Monday is our last best chance to stop the gun control bills. Call or e-mail your legislators immediately and tell them to vote "no." You can find your local legislators here: http://votesmart.org/.
Your legislators’ contact information can be found at http://www.leg.state...ry?openFrameset for the House and http://www.leg.state...en?openframeset
for the Senate. Please be polite and voice your opinions succinctly.

Also, be sure to remind your legislators that their vote on these bills could determine whether they are reelected in 2014.
HB 1224, which would ban "high capacity" magazines, passed second readings by only one vote; if we can convince one more Democrat to vote against the bill, it will die. Below is a list of Democrat legislators the Denver Post has said might be persuaded to vote “no”:

Angela Giron
303-866-4878
angela.giron.senate@state.co.us

Cheri Jahn
303-866-4856
cheri.jahn.senate@state.co.us

Andy Kerr
303-866-4859
andy.kerr.senate@state.co.us

Gail Schwartz
303-866-4871
gail.schwartz.senate@state.co.us

Linda Newell
303-866-4846
linda.newell.senate@gmail.com

Please get ahold of these senators and tell them you do not support these bills and will not support any politician who votes for them.
Your activism made it possible for I and my Republican colleagues to shoot down HB 1226 and SB 196. We can't stop now. Your senators were
elected to represent the people of Colorado. Let's hold them to their oaths.

Sincerely,
Senator Greg Brophy

Guest Cinch, SASS#29433

Sometimes I wonder why the red areas don't calculate their votes then have the rest get a mailbox in the blue areas. The blues make these very calculations and use the results to control those that don't agree and don't mind using the tax revenue of the reds for their purposes. Amnesty for certain law breakers is a calculation to change the red areas for sure. The other thing is the reds have gotta start infiltrating the blues with some DINO's.

And as long as some feel good politician is introducing legislation for the well being of all... How come a red politician doesn't propose a ban on alcohol sales in Denver and Boulder? That would get rid of a bunch of the blue voters right quick ;)

Good luck to you colorado pards!

What is happening in Colorado and elsewhere is the result of many conservative, gun-owning voters who stayed home last November to "protest" one candidate, or another. Some didn't like Mitt Romney, so stayed home and didn't vote for ANYBODY. Some protested the republican nominee and voted for the libertarian candidate, thus splitting the conservative vte and allowing the democrat to win the seat. This is what hppened in Colorado Springs and allowed John Morse to be elected and become president of the senate. Then, he introduces his "Assault Weapons Responsibility Act" which, fortunately, was pulled and will not be considered. But, he's still a co-sponsor on some of the others and controls the Colorado senate. Conservative, gun-owning voters need to band together and defeat the liberal agenda. Even the County Sheriffs of Colorado skoke against the bills and were ignored by the democrats. Many counties and cities in Colorado have gone on-record as against the proposed bills and declared they will not enforce them, if passed. They have also been ignored by the democrats. The only solution is to replace the democrats that are up for re-election in 2014. There are aslo some recall movements being created and we aill have to see gow that pans out. Anyway, a word of advice to all other conservative gun-owners in other states - don't become complacent and get out and VOTE. Happy trails, Squint

They are not listening...like you say it's obviously an agenda. Election time is payback time.

GG

It is imperative THOUSANDS of people petition publicly on capital and courthouse steps on a weekly basis for freedom. It is time we put our hobbies and free time on hold and make a public stand unless you guys want to be bludgeoned to death between elections.

There was a time in history when folks would pick up a sword and shield and risk getting mauled and hacked to death for freedom. Granted it was usually when it was the absolute last resort. Now its hard enough to get a couple hundred folks to show up once or twice a year to simply show their face.

Demand public meetings with officials. I am sure meeting halls can be arranged in short order. A cow pasture will work fine. Perfect setting for the BS you're likely to hear. Senators, for example, have chiefs of staff and such to act as liasons. And for crying out loud, don't mind getting pissed off and a little rowdy. The angry mob needs to come just short of threatening to whip their ass for not upholding their duties but at least have one or two chair persons to deliver a really grounded well thought out rational message and appears to command respect and able to reign in and restore order to the angry mob. These designees must be willing to build and continually develop an ongoing relationship with the politician at hand. Names and faces must connect. Let's get far beyond the " oh that's Wayne Lapierre of the NRA" to " thats John Smith citizen statesmen of Hicksville Ga. Ya ought to see what hes done in his community."

Though one such event was unfruitful, I did get Chief of staff for Saxby Chambliss a Mr Charlie Harman to come to my home for an informal meeting of about 5-6 guests. All in one phone call. In the end we got excuses and Mr Harman failed to deliver on any of his promises. At that point I failed to crank it up a notch. I also got a similar commitment from Johnny Issaksons office but failed to follow through due to work conflicts. A nobody can get a response. With the right help, which I failed to seek, it could be meaningful.

Cordially invite these people out but realize this: they represent all people and all views and answer to all people and all views. They are constantly weighing this dilemma out. Speak your mind. Give it to them straight. They are used to it. Get these people out of their protective cover, face to face, over and over. Its the waffling candidates we are out to sway. We can only do this through sheer numbers and will. They can ignore your correspondence. And true, they can deny meeting with you, at which point you use what media you can to shread them to pieces. If they still don't show, go to them.

Sometimes I wonder why the red areas don't calculate their votes then have the rest get a mailbox in the blue areas. The blues make these very calculations and use the results to control those that don't agree and don't mind using the tax revenue of the reds for their purposes. Amnesty for certain law breakers is a calculation to change the red areas for sure. The other thing is the reds have gotta start infiltrating the blues with some DINO's.

And as long as some feel good politician is introducing legislation for the well being of all... How come a red politician doesn't propose a ban on alcohol sales in Denver and Boulder? That would get rid of a bunch of the blue voters right quick ;)

Good luck to you colorado pards!

It isn't alcohol, its weed. Loco weed.

Four things that might help you out some, (1)stop weeping all over the WIRE about how terrible things are going in your state, while calling everyone names who suggest the hard problems that you must face and overcome. (2)If any state in the union is showing a sick trend in their young uhhh, be honest, young white guys, it is colorado. Stop defending it and start finding out why! (3)Get yourself a new insult for those with whom you disagree, only pea-brain smart arses can not come up with a new insult after a few days or so. (4)Find another photo and perhaps we can start feeling more empathy and less pitty!

... "Well, the NRA has limited resources, gotta pick its battles carefully. ... That attitude has led to this situation in CO, and in NY, and WA, and OR, and...and....and....

That why I'm a dues paying member of Guns Owners of America.

My bet is MagPul will "pull out" (sorry for the pun) of Colorado and head south toTexas. Gov Rick Perry has been courtin' them, Berretta and others to the Lone Star state.

I say "Welcome...... 'bout time you got here!"

Stop planting for one season and lets see how well those city fokes can eat off them MOTHER EARTH NEWS roof top gardens. Course they will just pour out of the citys like a bunch of dang zombies, killing the rural fokes and taking their food stores. We are really pretty much helpless now, Obama will send out the military while Cuomo, Emanuel and their ilk will reinforce by sending out an army of cops to enslave the farmers and force them to work for those that have not ever learned how to.

Just today the democrats pushed an assault weapons ban through a democrat dominated senate commitee sending it to the full senate, fourth one in a week. I know everyone will say they do not have a chance on the full floor BUT jus a few weeks ago it was claimed that they would die in committee. Now I want to see a show of hands from the puffers who have been hollering cold dead hands for years. What, no ayes to be heard?

The Demorats will push their ban through the Senate. As some of the pards mentioned that submitted letters to their elected officials. This is not about facts or reason, they will pay no attention to reality. They have an agenda, part of that agenda is to disarm America. They will lie, cheat, steal to make this happen. We haven't seen many demoncrats jump in and defend the 2A., most likely won't.

feinswines bill will most likely end up in the Supreme court and they know it, they are hoping another anti gun radical will be seated by then. Our Colorado pards have put up a fine fight, unfortunately a losing battle already exhibited in other states. dear leader has already mobilized OFA and dumping money into "transforming America", dis arming us is a primary agenda, long terms plans are not attainable with an armed populace.

I pray that 2014 mid terms will make a difference, but I don't see it happening, not with counties that have had 140% voter turnout mostly for the opposition. Remember one important thing, our right to keep and bear arms is God given, and only enumerated in the bill of rights, the government cannot take away something that they have not given.

I fear it's going to get real ugly in the next few years, keep your powder dry pards and may God be with you.

Take stock of the firearms you have. Now is as good a time as any to swap around to get what you really need. Yes, prices are a bit higher on the buying side, but your used hardware is also selling at a healthy price. I swapped out of almost everything I didn't really want and a number of safe queens and got set up with what I'd be comfortable with owning if I could never buy another gun.

Get prepared NOW. You have the rest of your life to B*tch and moan.

The Demorats will push their ban through the Senate. As some of the pards mentioned that submitted letters to their elected officials. This is not about facts or reason, they will pay no attention to reality. They have an agenda, part of that agenda is to disarm America. They will lie, cheat, steal to make this happen. We haven't seen many demoncrats jump in and defend the 2A., most likely won't.

feinswines bill will most likely end up in the Supreme court and they know it, they are hoping another anti gun radical will be seated by then. Our Colorado pards have put up a fine fight, unfortunately a losing battle already exhibited in other states. dear leader has already mobilized OFA and dumping money into "transforming America", dis arming us is a primary agenda, long terms plans are not attainable with an armed populace.

I pray that 2014 mid terms will make a difference, but I don't see it happening, not with counties that have had 140% voter turnout mostly for the opposition. Remember one important thing, our right to keep and bear arms is God given, and only enumerated in the bill of rights, the government cannot take away something that they have not given.

I fear it's going to get real ugly in the next few years, keep your powder dry pards and may God be with you.

Sadly...I ditto this...

GG

I agree with Manatee on this and have already got my plan well under way. I have been selling off everything that I no longer have ammunition for and invested the money into large stores of vaseline, in hopes that it will ease what the liberals have planned for us. Do not laugh, you will all be begging to buy my extra slickum at any price soon!

I also don't see a solution in your post. So why don't we agree that there is not much that can be done at this point and stop accusing each other of garbage.

I have the simple man's solution. One that's predicated on the avoidance of tilting at windmills at this stage of my life. Like a range that I don't like; I vote with my feet and my wallet.

It may seem to some that packing your bag and hitting the road is leaving the battle for someone else to fight, but my call when I left California in the early 1980's was that it would continue and get worse....and it has. The same is true for Colorado. Unfortunate, but I'm not in the conversion business. I'm in the outdoor business and it's a small family business.

Resolved a long time ago to stay out of battles that I can not personally control or win. So, I closed our shop; terminated employees; sold the building and the farm and moved to South Dakota. Lots going on in the Black Hills. Might have chosen Wyoming had it had a place like this outside of resorts like Jackson Hole/Teton. Almost chose the home state of Texas, but it's too dang hot in the summer and everything is behind someone's fence.

New range is 1 mile from 5 hotels here in Sturgis. The view is wonderful. The people are small town friendly and except for 10 days of the year it's Mayberry with a view. No taxes.... more fishing and hunting than I can eat; more road than I can ride. And that 10 days a year is all the party I can handle!

Yeah, it snows...but I love to ski... and for the rest of it...well, that's why God made the Hill Country of Texas!

Archived