SASS Wire Forum

Things that tick me off about selling

Manatee

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How about making a deal with somebody that has posted on THIS topic for a Non-CAS AR-15, taking the time to get a USPS money order, sending it to them, and then they hold it for a couple of days. When you inquire, they said that they changed their mind about selling. They even say they "instead of making up some story" about the money order not getting there, they are just going to send the money orders back. To their credit, they did send a little extra for my "troubles". That happened around late December or early January, just in time for the panic buying to start on the AR's.

Just saying that they were thinking about "making up a story" about the money orders being lost says a lot about a persons character, that they would even consider that.

And that is what ticks me off.

I cut a deal with a pard on some revolvers sent the money, a few days later he says he has to cancel the deal. I ask why, said ex broke in and stole them. I asked him if he reported a burglary and theft of firearms to the police, he said no, but did return my money.

I was born at night, but it wasn't last night.

I hate it when it's something I'm really looking for ...

I see a thread on the Wire Classifides

I open the thread only to find...

it's a WTB

Crap. :lol:

Waimea

:FlagAm:

I hate it when it's something I'm really looking for ...

I see a thread on the Wire Classifides

I open the thread only to find...

it's a WTB

Crap. :lol:

Waimea

Waimea....so you WTB some crap....I know a guy that knows a guy that lives really close to Washington DC. I can hook you up...for a slight finder's fee of course :lol:

I was first to reply with "i'll take it" and sent PM. seller PMed back he had already sold em.

If you want it, at the asking price, then post i'll take it. Buyer and seller are bound, by their Cowboy Word. If you want to dicker, then just send a PM with offer, but no "I'll take it" .

No offense to the Kola Kid but I think this belongs right here- where buyers and sellers can see it. Some of this stuff is so basic that even a person who doesn't buy and sell much should know it; others, like the fellow I mentioned in my 2nd post, could do with some improvement in their manners.

AFTER YOU SELL THE ITEM, PLEEEEASE POST A "SOLD" IN YOUR HEADER SO WE DON'T HAVE TO GO ALL THE WAY THRU, ONLY TO FIND A "SOLD" AT THE VERY END . MAKES ME MADDERN' HE## TO FIND THAT.

AL

Dutch, ask Manatee about black powder loads sometimes. Dang, about time. I ain't seen any good dead horse "discussions" on this here place in a long time. Lessee, I can recall some reaally good debaters.

Dutch, ya don't know the old sea cow do ya?

Waimea....so you WTB some crap....I know a guy that knows a guy that lives really close to Washington DC. I can hook you up...for a slight finder's fee of course :lol:

KK

:lol: I like a guy with a good sense of humor.

I guess I could've worded that a little better.

Waimea

Hey HOSS ROONRIGHT, re those conchos, I found silver dollar conchos (and a bunch of others) on the rack with the leather stuff in our local Hobby Lobby.

Hey HOSS ROONRIGHT, re those conchos, I found silver dollar conchos (and a bunch of others) on the rack with the leather stuff in our local Hobby Lobby.

Thanks, I'll g check them out.

I'll admit I usually make a counter offer!

I've only sold one thing on the wire, a vest for 60. When the buyer said he would take it and a check was in the mail, I trusted him and shipped it. a couple of people I have bought from shipped fairly soon, many waited until the check cleared. It seems that if I'm trusting somebody to ship an item after I've paid for it, the should be willing to trust me when I tell them I've mailed the check.

Just my .02 worth.

Danged if I remember who it was, but about five years or so ago, I was looking for a particular Uberti revolver and a pard PM'd me that he had one and would send it to my FFL, and "If you like it, send me the $$$, if not, send it back". :blink::lol:

OK, my turn! What really gripes me is when pards post all this great stuff after I already spent my money on food an cloths. I do that more now that my checks get direct deposited into my wife's checkin account.....

Danged if I remember who it was, but about five years or so ago, I was looking for a particular Uberti revolver and a pard PM'd me that he had one and would send it to my FFL, and "If you like it, send me the $$$, if not, send it back". :blink::lol:

Missouri Marshal sells a fine loading block. You order one, he makes it and ships it with an invoice, says if you like it pay, if you don't think it's worth it, don't pay. It's nice doing business with somebody like that! And I bet he gets very few non-payers.

They are great loading blocks, I have 3 of them, hope to get 3 more so. Can load up the night before a match.

Check em out at http://www.missourimarshal.net/

Back to this Water you got fer sale. It is a quart of water, not a liter of water? Impossible, water only comes in liters from France, I should know I have bought water from France before. (Ninja face emoticon) because I can't access that panel from my iPad!

Or the....You know tha's pretty high for a such and such,,,,,made in so n so.....

if you don't like the price,,,, go someplace else!

Oh yea is that yesterdey's water or tudey's water, iffn it's tuday Iwl git bak wit cha, iffn it's yisturdeys watur,,,taint thit a bit high....?

Cheyenne, who misses his buddy Manatee, Culpepper

Does ye have any dehydrated water?

Yep, got some a that right here. I'm a breatin it. Just add a quart a water an it makes up a fine quart a water. Or, add just a liter ifin ya aint so thirsty. I prefers ta add whisky an ice ta my dehydrated water -makes it go down a little smoother!

I'm busy right now with a customer. I'll update later. She asked: If you owned the last AR in the world, and I was the last girl..........

Hey! I know this girl! I'd just bought a case of 5.56 and she watched me carry it out to the back seat of my car, asked me if I'd consider bartering sex for ammo. I said sure thing honey what calibers are you stocking?

Folks that ignore you when you PM, E-Mail, or Post with an offer, or just a plain "I'll take it". If ya don't like the offer, at least say so. If you don't wanna sell it... delete the post!

dagnabbit. :(

Hey! I know this girl! I'd just bought a case of 5.56 and she watched me carry it out to the back seat of my car, asked me if I'd consider bartering sex for ammo. I said sure thing honey what calibers are you stocking?

Maybe you could trade her some of Manatee's Lourdes water for that 5.56!

Does ye have any dehydrated water?

Yes but in the dehydrated state it will weight more so shipping may be a problem... How about a FTF?

Archived