SASS Wire Forum

Things that tick me off about selling

Manatee

For Sale: NIB, Rem XCR Tac Rifle, 300 Win Mag. See details specs and foto at: (http: yada yada yada). $1200 firm.

Email 1: How many rounds have been shot out of this gun?

Email 2: Do you have any details on the specifications?

Email 3: What is your best price?

Email 4: Will you take a Montgomery Wards Drill Press in trade? It doesn't work, but I'm sure you could fix it.

Response 1: Proof rounds were fired at the factory. No rounds have been fired since that time. At least not on this planet.

Response 2: Sure. The person who wrote the specs is a 57 year old Vietnamese woman who evacuated Saigon as a child. She attended Oxford University, is a member of the local Sea Turtle Preservation Society and volunteers her free time at the city food bank.

Response 3: Apparently, "firm" is not a very well understood term. That means, I've given you the minimum I will accept, in cash, for the rifle. Now, if you want to counter-offer an amount, that is up to you. But, I am not President Obama. I do not counter my own offers. Thank you for your reply. Please watch your step whilst disembarking the aircraft.

Response 4: No.

Shortly thereafter, the seller decided to keep the rifle and leave instructions with his attorney that, in the event of his death, the rifle should be melted down.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll admit I usually make a counter offer!

I've only sold one thing on the wire, a vest for 60. When the buyer said he would take it and a check was in the mail, I trusted him and shipped it. a couple of people I have bought from shipped fairly soon, many waited until the check cleared. It seems that if I'm trusting somebody to ship an item after I've paid for it, the should be willing to trust me when I tell them I've mailed the check.

Just my .02 worth.

Yeah, people just don't read the Original Post all the way through before asking questions. I just went through this with the 10 guns I sold last week in the Classifieds.

Jake

Yep - I have sold a LOT of coins here (Over $3,000 worth).

I always take a check - and have never been stung by a bad check.

I have had a few people say that they would buy a coin - but - then - don't follow

with a check. I can do PayPal - but the receiver (seller) has to pay 2.85% plus

35 cents per transaction. All in all - I have been satisfied with my selling experience here

on SASS Classified. My coin collection is almost gone (boo-hoo).

Just my dos centavos.

-Boneyard Bill

For a terr Gov you seem to have quite a bit of an attitude which perhaps should be kept to yourself because you portray SASS/CAS members in a poor light.

Internet sales are a hassle but also a boon....let's be honest

1. NIB.....many sell fired guns as NIB or so excessively handled they show wear...So i ALWAYS ask this ....sorry if it offends you

2. specifications many aren't PC savy enough to navigate thru various websites so ........................

3. best price ...many folks ask way too much so I sometimes ask or say 'if you decide to come down...LMK

4. trades you didn't specify no trades, but lets be honest even when we say no trades we get trade offers..... irritating YES , but the 'buyer is always right'.

I am neither the perfect buyer or sellor but courtesy goes a long way, attitude does not.

again you are a Terr Gov.....act like one and be an "ambassador to CAS" ....Perhaps you could have posted how to "properly" place an ad instead of whining and such....just a thought.

A rifle can have different variations within the same model type. I'm not a computer geek; I would say of average computer knowledge, but I was able to figure out with some trial and error how to post pics when selling something. Also, some on the wire have given instructions on how to post pics. I think pics make it easier to sell something. Even if the prospective buyer "thinks" they know what an item looks like, it may not be quite what he thinks. If you don't know how to post pics, you can learn how. If I can do it, I KNOW you can do it. I ain't kiddin', neither. :lol:

Here's mine. I come here to sell something to finance another project and end up spending the proceeds on something here that I liked and still not having the proceeds for the original project.

For a terr Gov you seem to have quite a bit of an attitude which perhaps should be kept to yourself because you portray SASS/CAS members in a poor light.

Internet sales are a hassle but also a boon....let's be honest

1. NIB.....many sell fired guns as NIB or so excessively handled they show wear...So i ALWAYS ask this ....sorry if it offends you

2. specifications many aren't PC savy enough to navigate thru various websites so ........................

3. best price ...many folks ask way too much so I sometimes ask or say 'if you decide to come down...LMK

4. trades you didn't specify no trades, but lets be honest even when we say no trades we get trade offers..... irritating YES , but the 'buyer is always right'.

I am neither the perfect buyer or sellor but courtesy goes a long way, attitude does not.

again you are a Terr Gov.....act like one and be an "ambassador to CAS" ....Perhaps you c

ould have posted how to "properly" place an ad instead of whining and such....just a thought.

Stuff it Dutch. It's a joke. If you have no sense of humor (which is obvious), don't reply if it don't apply.

Yep - I have sold a LOT of coins here (Over $3,000 worth).

I always take a check - and have never been stung by a bad check.

I have had a few people say that they would buy a coin - but - then - don't follow

with a check. I can do PayPal - but the receiver (seller) has to pay 2.85% plus

35 cents per transaction. All in all - I have been satisfied with my selling experience here

on SASS Classified. My coin collection is almost gone (boo-hoo).

Just my dos centavos.

-Boneyard Bill

Hey Boneyard, speaking of coins, I'm looking for something roughly silver dollar sized to make conchos out of. Do you have any suggestions? Or does anybody have a good source for heavy conchos

NO - I sure don't have a source for anything like that - maybe - start another

thread - and - something will develop.

- BB

how about the guy who has something to sell and has to describe it down to the last detail including how much he paid to ship it to "wherever" to have something done to it. we don't care that it cost x amound of dollars to have it rebarelled or whatever. most of the time we don't care how much you paid for it or how much it cost to send,or what you paid for this or that "upgrade". most of the time you want better than new price anyway. O.K. MY RANT IS DONE. does anybody know who i am talking about.

No, but the opportunity to spout off comes so seldom. How about the guy whose comment on your listing is along the lines of "I could buy your gun; I certainly have the money. But I already have 17 of those and most are in better shape than what you are offering. And of course mine are all originals."?

He's almost like clockwork.

No, but the opportunity to spout off comes so seldom. How about the guy whose comment on your listing is along the lines of "I could buy your gun; I certainly have the money. But I already have 17 of those and most are in better shape than what you are offering. And of course mine are all originals."?

He's almost like clockwork.

Exactly.

It was just a joke. I've always had good luck in the classifieds, but it appears some of the "professional" classified types take offense and feel I ain't dignified enough.

Well, I ain't ever been dignified. I never figgered that it was in the job description of a cowboy anyway. Mebbe some of them sissy land owners, but not anybody that worked for a living.

So...I'll jest take my humor somewheres else.

I thoroughly agree,,,,"send me pics" and then never hear from them again,,,,and the same folk thit du it on a regular basis

Cheyenne

I love the guys who need pictures when the seller says "NIB". Good Lord! Don't they know what a new '66 Rifle looks like?

You know what I hate ?

When some one post some thing for sale with NO pic.

Or pm me for a pic .

Just post the pic for all to see and then its done!

For sale. 1 qt. water 24 cents. Bring your own container. Location: Lourdes, France.

Response 1: Can you post a pic of the water? I hate it when I cain't see a pic.

Response 2: How much is shipping?

Manatee.... I'll take it... let me know where to send the funds... It will take a few months to gather the money up, I need to sell a few things first, and wait until all the sponsor's fees come in for our annual match, but I think I can get it all together before Christmas.

Snakebite

Hey that ain't right. I was waiting on pictures so I could make up my mind about maybe buying it 2 minutes before Snakebite posted he was going to take it!

Of course I has going to need better terms than SB got!

Marlin(Who knows Manatee has good terms)Buckhorn

Hey Manatee... I'm going to have to back out of this deal... my son just called, and told me that his neighbor's dad needs a Hernia operation, and wants to borrow the money. I don't want to mess things up for my son, so I'll just have to bow out of this deal..

Really Sorry.

Snakebite

Archived