SASS Wire Forum

Cowboy clothes

I've noticed folks, including me, like to dress the part and are pretty meticulous about it. Well, do you match colors?? Do you wear for example brown boots and a brown leather rig? Does you're hat have to match you're vest and pants? OR...are you a color blinded mismatched cowboy just riding on the plains looking for strays, bad guys , wild wimmin and whiskey?

Rye

I keep it simple and wear mostly black, when I ordered my pants and vest The Lady at Western Emporium, was very nice in helping me get a matching set. I still have brown boots, eventually I am going to order myself some black ones.

RR

Pretty much Wyatt Earp black, but then I'll go crazy and wear the black pants, but with a red bib shirt and yellow wild rag and always a black hat!

Mostly I do like I do when I'm living in this "other world" we all live in - I grab whatever is clean and neat and don't pay a whole lot of attention to "matching". If its a special occasion, like a banquet at a club annual, I will match everything up. Otherwise, its whatever is at the top of the saddlebags. :D

Hi Rye,

When I shot a cross draw, I had both brown and black rigs and would coordinate them with my costumes. Now, I only have a black rig, double strong side, and just wear it all the time. Other things keep grabbing my money. I do hope to get a brown rig someday.

Regards,

Allie Mo

What ever is handy.

Only Ladies, B Westerners, and Greenhorn Dudes would bother to coordinate anything. Even my pistols don't match.

Match? Color-coordinated? You gotta be kidding, right? I usually wear a silver belly or black hat. After that, I figure anything goes with those colors.

Socks mostly match but my holsters don't match the gunbelt.

Revolvers don't match each other (but they're close).

I shoot a 94 Marlin and TTN double.

I've cobbled together most of the stuff I use in CAS...

...Probably just like the real Cowboys.:blush:

Waimea

:FlagAm:

Only Ladies, B Westerners, and Greenhorn Dudes would bother to coordinate anything. Even my pistols don't match.

Since I'm not one of the first two, I guess I'm a Greenhorn Dude. Yeah, I'm kind of anal about stuff matching. Got a new holster rig at Winter Range just because I only had brown before. :wacko:

I don't have enough stuff to worry about it. I suppose my gun rig and my boots sort of match, since the boots look like they used to be cordovan at one point in their life. My shotgun slide doesn't really match either of them.

Hi Rye,

When I shot a cross draw, I had both brown and black rigs and would coordinate them with my costumes. Now, I only have a black rig, double strong side, and just wear it all the time. Other things keep grabbing my money. I do hope to get a brown rig someday.

Regards,

Allie Mo

I have a black rig and a brown rig. I also have brown boots and black boots. The problem is my brown boots are hurting and the black boots are as comfortable as regular shoes. So I've been going black lately, but I like my brown rig better so if it don't match I really don't care. My hat can be black, brown, silver belly or straw. Ain't gonna win no fashion contest.

Rye

Guest EL NEGRO GATO #8178

Howdy, I've always tried to match my dud's wear brown pants and vest, blue saddle pants with blue vest, black pants and black vest, brown boots and most gun leather. I just switched to light brown canvas belts in three calibers and dark brown holsters, some tooled some not, conchos on belts both silver and polished copper some with spots. So back to your question YES

ENG :FlagAm: :FlagAm: :FlagAm: :FlagAm: :FlagAm: :FlagAm: :FlagAm: :FlagAm:

I tried to wear mismatched clothes onct(striped pants, flowered shirt and checkered vest) but I...I..cudn't do it. Ran back in house and changed at the last second!

CPK

I've noticed folks, including me, like to dress the part and are pretty meticulous about it. Well, do you match colors?? Do you wear for example brown boots and a brown leather rig? Does you're hat have to match you're vest and pants? OR...are you a color blinded mismatched cowboy just riding on the plains looking for strays, bad guys , wild wimmin and whiskey?

Rye

Dat last part, der Rye.............ridin da plains..........lookin' fer strays........an bad hombres........love dem wild wimmin :wub: like der was dis one time a da Saloon, when in came.....well....true cowpoke don't kiss and tell now..............Oh..........da ever lovin' WHISKEY ! ! :wub: :wub:

Now you're one to talk, wearing pink undies. :o;)

Undies?? Real cowboys wore long johns!! LOL

Rye

I reckon I'm like most cowboys of the old west, I got one pair of cowboy'in pants, and maybe two shirts. The pants have been sewn up a time or two when the seat got ripped.

Been thinkin I need another pair of pants though, just in case the seat rips out again. Last time was at Comin at Cha, and thankfully Miz Grizz was along and there was a Walmart close by for needle and thread.

Don't have no problems with folks who like to go all duded up though, with everything matching. We all enjoy the different parts of the game in our own way.

What's most important; does it make your butt look big? :huh:

Woman asked her husband "does this make my butt look big?"

His reply "Yes dear, please buy two"

Fat Bottomed girls you make the rockin world go round

Fat Bottomed girls you make the rockin world go round

Hit it!!

Yes, yes they did...

CLICKY :lol:

Wow, I looked at that pic right after dinner.........uh.....I think I feel sick. (LOL)

Rye

Archived