SASS Wire Forum

Opinions

Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217

Howdy Pards,

If you state an opinion, not everyone will agree. :unsure:

Both sides, "bring it on!" Best argument wins (or should in a perfect world or debate). :unsure:

Please, when someone disagrees, don't respond with something like "I don't have the right to state my opinion." Yes, you do and so do your opponents. Disagreement is not a denial of your posting "rights." :rolleyes:

Regards,

Allie Mo

What Lumpy said. There's too much contention in spoken and written language today. Certainly points can be argued "in the debate sense of the word," without using common sense and civility. Otherwise, we all begin to sound like those "folks" on Capitol Hill that all they do us spout hateful rhetoric that just debases themselves. I'm just sayin.

Major Payne

A lot of times it not what you say or how you say it, it's who's saying it.

Some folks just have a hard time listening to stuff some folks say.

If I don't respect the person saying it, I just zoom past that post or don't read the thread at all.

As I told my 13 yo son the other day. You can disagree with me and your mom all you want. But you need to disagree respectfully.

And...to me it seems that it is too easy to become emotionaly attached to opinions on the internet that aren't really that important in the overall scheme of life.

Opinions are worth what you pay for them!

But what irks me the most is that some will attack an opinion as though it is their mortal enemy.

And that some opinions are attacked in offensive ways such as asking what color the sky is over your home planet.

A little bit fact checking is worth a lot.

The thing that makes WDC of poor caliber these days is that opinions are taken as though they are at the very core of ones beliefs.

The inability of some to permit others to have differing opinions is what has made WDC what is today.

My 2 cents worth.

If you don't like it turn the page or scroll on.

Yup - we have opinions about opinions regarding how one opines about their opinion - but who wants my opinion on that? :D

GG ~ :FlagAm:

(believes opinions can be valued, educational, helpful....and the opposite of those things :lol: )

Hi Allie Mo... How ya doin'?? :)

What in the world are ya tryin' to start now :lol::lol: Just my opinion of course :blush:

My Opinion..

The SASS Wire is a great place to get knowledge.. and to give what knowledge a fellow cowpoke has..

And you'll be sure to get opinions :lol::lol:

Rance <_<

At least.. that's my opinion :blink:

I like to frequent the Wire just to see what opinions others have. Does not mean I agree with them or they with me 100% of the time.

But as the gracious AM (and others) have stated in to many posts to number, it is quite alright to disagree - it is more important to do so civilly!

Personally I do not much care for those who come across as "you are entitled to your opinion, and if I wanted it I would give it to you"

But that is just my opinion

rant mode off

Regards

:FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

Bein's how I live in me own punkin haid in a world of me own alla y'all have ta realize mine is the only opinion that counts...

...or matters.

JMNSHO.

Those who disagree with me on anything are of course un-informed or misguided! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I learned from arguing with idiots a long time ago and I rarely offer something to a discussion unless I know what I'm talking about. If someone disagrees and I KNOW I know what I know then I let it go. Let them continue sounding stupid if they want.

My opinion is another thing. It is based on experience and well thought out rationalization. I will offer an opinion and then listen to what you have to say. I might change my mind. Opinions can change, facts cannot. I love ya Sis.

Fillmore (Who's goin' to Abobe Walls) Coffins

I learned from arguing with idiots a long time ago and I rarely offer something to a discussion unless I know what I'm talking about. If someone disagrees and I KNOW I know what I know then I let it go. Let them continue sounding stupid if they want.

My opinion is another thing. It is based on experience and well thought out rationalization. I will offer an opinion and then listen to what you have to say. I might change my mind. Opinions can change, facts cannot. I love ya Sis.

Fillmore (Who's goin' to Abobe Walls) Coffins

:):wub:

Allie,

I've "known" ya a pretty long time by now, through a few forums and facebook. I disagree with you on several topics, recently and in the past... BUT, I respect that and I still wuv ya! You have never made me feel that I had no right to my own, even though I usually don't post them. :)

Howdy Pards,

Both sides, "bring it on!" Best argument wins (or should in a perfect world or debate). :unsure:

Please, when someone disagrees, don't respond with something like "I don't have the right to state my opinion." Yes, you do and so do your opponents. Disagreement is not a denial of your posting "rights." :rolleyes:

Regards,

Allie Mo

Can't argue with ya on this one darlin', yer 100% correct!

BTW...great new pic! B) Rye

Allie,

I've "known" ya a pretty long time by now, through a few forums and facebook. I disagree with you on several topics, recently and in the past... BUT, I respect that and I still wuv ya! You have never made me feel that I had no right to my own, even though I usually don't post them. :)

You are a wise man and Hugh Damwright about not posting being a wise course of action. ;)

:wub:

AM

Filmore is right... opinions do change. A good/civil discussion can often get someone to see things from a different perspective. But, as Flying W Ramrod said.. it can sometimes depend upon who is saying what. It's very difficult to listen objectively to someone who is always on the wire just doing the best they can to stirup trouble. Most folks will listen to someone's point of view if they really have something to say... but when they open up the conversations by slamming someone or taking a cheap shot, it really puts the skids on things. I don't think that is unique to the SASS wire.... it is pretty much a universal problem. As hard as it sometimes is, if we can manage to wade through it all, we can often find a "Pear of Wisdom" hiddin in the pile of BS.

Snakebite

Howdy Pards,

Regards,

Allie Mo

Tf disagreeing with you is wrong then I don't want to be right! :P

Opinions are like belly buttons; everyone has one!

Now DAGNABIT Church Key, yer jes plain wrong on this! :unsure::rolleyes: I DO only have one belly button.........BUT I gots lots of opinions. Some of them are on the same subject!! :lol::lol::lol:

Filmore is right... opinions do change. A good/civil discussion can often get someone to see things from a different perspective. But, as Flying W Ramrod said.. it can sometimes depend upon who is saying what. It's very difficult to listen objectively to someone who is always on the wire just doing the best they can to stirup trouble. Most folks will listen to someone's point of view if they really have something to say... but when they open up the conversations by slamming someone or taking a cheap shot, it really puts the skids on things. I don't think that is unique to the SASS wire.... it is pretty much a universal problem. As hard as it sometimes is, if we can manage to wade through it all, we can often find a "Pear of Wisdom" hiddin in the pile of BS.

Snakebite

In my opinion you are right. And you never know where, or from whom, you might learn something.

As hard as it sometimes is, if we can manage to wade through it all, we can often find a "Pear of Wisdom" hiddin in the pile of BS.

Snakebite

I thought that was a 'pearl of wisdom' -- remind me not to buy any fruit from you. ;)

Opinion ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Let me tell Ya what Ta think .... :huh:-_-;):):lol:

In my opinion Ya is pretty Allie..... Just don't tell me I is Wrong ...

In my opinion SASS is slipping away from "Playing Cowboy" with real guns !!! Ya all Know "Da closes thing ta the OLD west short of a Time-Machine" ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, An all ...

But folks is Great ,,,, an here in Canada a lot more Folks is playing da game with more respect to the OLD WEST ...

But my opinion is just that ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Mine !!!

Jabez Cowboy

You are a wise man and Hugh Damwright about not posting being a wise course of action. ;)

:wub:

AM

Yea, For example, I think I'm wise NOT to post much about my feelings on the "outlaw" category.... :wacko:

I realize the can of worms it would be on this forum. But I do vote every year. :FlagAm:

Archived