SASS Wire Forum

Upcoming Costner Western

I believe it was the reason he needed to leave the extremely popular YELLOWSTONE series.

According to the info I read today this will be in 4 parts. One and two have been filmed and will be released this year the other two parts have not started filming yet.

• Thanks 1

Just like when we were kids; had to go to the theater every Saturday to watch the next installment of the serial!

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Red Gauntlet , SASS 60619 said:

Didn't used to like Costner. As he got older, he got a lot better, and I changed my view. Hope this is a good one.

Always was a fan of his ,,,,,,,, But yes. 

If I have to pay extra for some streaming service or some other weird format to see this they can stick it! If it was a movie in the theater I'd go.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'll watch it if it's free. No way I'll pay to see it.

I always liked Costner, even back in The Postman days...however, when he abandoned the Yellowstone series I lost a ton of respect for him. Hate to see him decide that he wants to do something else and never finish this new series.

• Like 1

From the articles I have read on this he has wanted to do this movie for years but no studio would take it on.  He took out a personal loan against part of his property and has funded the filming himself.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Father Kit Cool Gun Garth said:

I believe it was the reason he needed to leave the extremely popular YELLOWSTONE series.

From what I have read it is the reason he wanted to reduce the time making Yellowstone episodes. He wanted more time for this movie.

TM

6 hours ago, Dawg Hair, SASS #29557 said:

Costner has come a long way since "Silverado".  I used to not really like him until he played Frank Hamer in "the Highwaymen".  I think he plays good roles now.

He was outstanding as Hamer.

1 minute ago, Sgt. C.J. Sabre, SASS #46770 said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQlQ7QYk0-2Yhgj3tnxmrZhENuOFV16eG_4mw&usqp=CAUimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcQTiBLu9pGKDiPJFXTJeN3RkpM-BmLxFZXOXw&usqp=CAU

He gets my vote!

Costner is not a bad actor.

But any movie that he is in charge of...

A guarantee of bloated stories and extended runtimes.

The man does not understand brevity or concise story telling and I cannot watch his films.

• Like 1

i have no issue with a movie running long , i rather like it , makes me think i got my investment back so to speak , but i want to watch a good one , ill atch this and let you know what i think after #1 ,