SASS Wire Forum

Lefty Rhodes-update

I know many of you know Lefty and Angela.  He has been shooting for 20+ years and they full time RV to many states.  Angela helped Doug at Livery for many years while they camped there.  Lefty is very ill.  They returned from FL trip to their parking spot near Casa Grande, AZ in Angela carried him to ER 1/2.   News was not good for my long time friend. Please remember him, and Angela, in prayers.

To those who have not read or heard, Lefty passed early morning of 1/20.  Continue your prayers for Angela.

Edited by Billy Boots, # 20282 LTG-Regulator
  • Like 4
  • Sad 7

You got it!!  Prayers outgoing!!

Praying here

Very fine folks.  Prayers for both of them.  

Prayers up. I was thinking of him just the other day. Havnt seen him in years. 

Prayers Lefty get well soon

We met Lefty over 20 years ago when they still lived here in the east.  We shot with him many times and Angie was always our scorekeeper.  I still remember they told us about their plan to be full-time RVers.  We even had a tour of their camper.  They are among the nicest folks we met when we first joined SASS.  Lefty was always smiling and helpful.  Our condolences go out to Angie and all those who loved him.  The cowboy world will be a little darker without his smile.

• Like 1

Prayers for his family.

Posted in the Trail markers thread:

Long time Arizona SASS shooter “Lefty Rhodes” (Ralph Roderick) passed away early in the morning on January 20th, 2024. He had been fighting along battle with a number of issues but now he rests out of pain and in peace. Lefty and his wife Angela were frequent visitors to SASS matches in Tombstone, Yuma, Casa Grande and others. Your easy smile and cheerful banter will be missed. Rest in peace pard. We’ll keep the coffee on for you.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, Too Tall Bob said:

Posted in the Trail markers thread:

Long time Arizona SASS shooter “Lefty Rhodes” (Ralph Roderick) passed away early in the morning on January 20th, 2024. He had been fighting along battle with a number of issues but now he rests out of pain and in peace. Lefty and his wife Angela were frequent visitors to SASS matches in Tombstone, Yuma, Casa Grande and others. Your easy smile and cheerful banter will be missed. Rest in peace pard. We’ll keep the coffee on for you.

Sassy and I are sure hoping to see Angela at Livery when in Tombstone for Tumbleweed match.  She loved the ranch there and helping Doug. Their RV spot overlooked the range and corrals.

Wonderful couple.  Shot with Lefty many, many times and my late wife, Miss Ann, and I had them in our home several times when at Bar 3 and or traveling thru. 

• Like 1

Our Father in Heaven, please comfort Angela and family during this time of loss and adjustment,  and grant them Peace...AMEN