SASS Wire Forum

Covid going around AGAIN

Dusty Devil Dale

2 hours ago, Creeker, SASS #43022 said:

Covid nearly killed me.

You're all adults - do whatever you think is best for yourself - but don't ignore it and don't believe for a second that you are invulnerable.

I think the most my wife said she pronounced dead in a 12 hour shift was 11 people.  The look on her face said it all.

3 hours ago, Creeker, SASS #43022 said:

Covid nearly killed me.

You're all adults - do whatever you think is best for yourself - but don't ignore it and don't believe for a second that you are invulnerable.

Good advice!  I hope you're recovered completely by now.  

1 hour ago, Rip Snorter said:

Scroom.  I will die as I have lived, a free citizen one way or another.

Nobody here is really talking about giving up any freedom to choose or live.   I truly hope your choices work out well for you.  Merry Christmas to you!

My wife is a RN and has had it at least 6 times, and given to me each time. Unless it mutates into some zombie variant I’m not gonna worry. And even if it does what are you going to do.

Besides have a hankering for some brains 

I never had Covid or any symptoms the first big go-around , but just this past early November got it. What was scary to me was I had been in Texas a week or so before , (brother had died) and had been around all my family there , Kids , grandkids and great-grandkids. I would have had a hard time living with being the one to spread it to them , but none of them got it , so I probably picked up the bug in the Denver airport. Had long waits both directions. I got over it in about 5 days, Don't ever want it again.

Rex :P

On 12/24/2023 at 4:44 PM, Creeker, SASS #43022 said:

Covid nearly killed me.

I’m glad you’re still with us. 

I do think that Covid, like the flu will require annual boosters or vaccines. I was debating on looking into the newest booster when I got Covid. I had read on Epoch Times that there had been reports of people having heart attacks after getting the flu and Covid boosters at the same time. I decided to get the flu shot first and ended up with Covid. 
At first I thought “Covid’s no longer as potent as it used to be, but I had no idea it could linger for so long. 
One thing is for sure, I will get the boosters as long as they offer them and as long as Pfizer is not involved but I will never take another shot at a drug store, or at least not at the one where I got my flu shot. 

2 hours ago, Pat Riot said:

I’m glad you’re still with us. 

I appreciate that - tho you may have placed yourself in a very small minority group with that opinion.

I caught Covid (and it hit me hard).

I firmly believe; I am only still around because we immediately had access to oxygen at home AND my involvement in the then experimental trials with the Mono Nucleic treatment of Covid.

I was down for 45 days with Covid with O2 numbers often in the low 80's and dipping into the 70's.

I had extreme brain fog for nearly a year afterwards - 3 years later; I still have challenges with focus and longterm attention span.

Many foods and spices lost their appeal immediately after Covid and many have never tasted correctly since.

Since Covid - I often taste something in foods that I can only describe as dish soap.

Like when you wash dishes but for whatever reason - all the soap didn't rinse well and then you eat off them.  That taste.

I guess that's why I jump so hard when folks dismiss Covid as minor or the made up plague.

Covid kills. 

And I firmly believe that while it did seem to disproportionately affect aged and ill peoples - I also believe that generally "healthy" people can be predisposed to being overly affected as well (I think that was what happened to me and numbers of other reasonably young or healthy folks that it killed).

As Covid variants mutate and return - I just hate to see folks ignore updates and base their survival on (the perhaps just sheer luck of) having not gotten ill or died the first time around.

I'll check with Fauci and Gates if they aren't to  worried about Eptsteins List to answer my call.

If they don't answer I'll have to stick with my historical success.  Sinus Rinse, Vitamin D ... and reinvestigate the things the drug companies and their friends said didn't work.

there has been a flu of some sort every year since before i was born almost 75 years ago , its not going to quit coming around , i get it that some strains are worse than others but , till our government tells us that we are being attacked with biological weapons there is no point panicking beyond normal prudent measures depending on your current health conditions as far as i see , 

if this country ever gets shut down again it better be a real thing and there better be retaliation in the works at the time , there has never been any retaliation/retribution for what happened and that is absolutely unforgivable , much like whats happening with the current attacks in the mid east - no way this is acceptable , time for a reconnin  

I got Covid and ended up in the hospital with double lung pneumonia and almost died .

I refuse to take the shots and all the crap they are pushing .

My buddies wife completely healthy was forced by her work to get the shot or loose her job .

She got the shot and two weeks later mysteriously died from blood clots.

The Doctor's say they can't explain it .

Bull shit !

They now tell people who have had the coof shots that they can No longer donate plasma or blood 

I know several people and had several family members who died from the Coof itself. 

But I also know several people who have died from the Coof Shots mysteriously ! 

No Thanks .

I will Not Comply !

I'm a Wolf Not a Sheep .

Baaaa baaaa baaa

The government said its OK ,

They will take care of me !

Baaà baaàa baaa 

Wake Up America !

This Government is Not our  Not Here to help us .

So Saith The Rooster 

PS .

I'm sure someone going to block my statement because that is how America works now .

You only have the freedom of speech if you say what they approval of or what the tell you your allowed to say !

Baaaa baaaa baaaa sheep follow 

Wolves hunt !

I've been following this thread with interest.  I am not an 'anti-vaxxer' by any means, but I'm suspicious when it comes to the Covid vaccinations.  I've read quite a bit about the corner cutting that occurred during the development of these vaccines and I'm aware of the anecdotal reports of blood clotting issues. 

Given I don't have any of the major risk factors for serious outcomes I've chosen to forgo any additional shots beyond the first two I got (which I had to get in order to keep my job).

As I understand it, major risk factors for negative outcomes are: kidney injury, COPD, diabetes, hypertension, cardiovascular disease, cancer, increased d-dimer (something to do with blood coagulation) male, advanced age, smoker, and obesity.  Other than male and age, none of those apply to me.  If some of them did, I would probably rethink my position on the Covid vaccinations.  Given they don't, I've been vaccinated twice and I've had Covid at least twice I've concluded that I should have some resistance built up and I'm not in a high risk category to begin with.

For those of you who do have multiple risk factors the vaccine may be a good idea.  You also might consider eliminating the risk factors that are controllable and that you currently have.  Treat your hypertension. Stop smoking. Lose weight.  The literature doesn't say this, but I suspect that improving overall cardiovascular fitness would help as well. 

It's just my opinion, but those actions will likely do a lot more for you than masking and isolation will. 

I have a question, maybe somebody can answer it without getting all emotional about which side you have to believe to be a sheeple. Is there anybody who thinks the death toll wouldn't have been higher if there was no shutdown and we kept going to work and other places like normal? Maybe the number of people highly likely to die would have been about a million no matter what we did, or maybe it would have been double that or even more? Has there ever been a serious study done about that?

You'll never see the real number of actual Covid deaths. Some in hospital industry have said, if you come into the emergency room for a Covid test, whether negative or positive and you get killed in a car leaving, it was tallied a Covid related death. Who knows! Odd how few flu deaths there are now that we can blame Covid. Follow the money.:ph34r:

2 hours ago, Rooster Ron Wayne said:

I got Covid and ended up in the hospital with double lung pneumonia and almost died .

I refuse to take the shots and all the crap they are pushing .

My buddies wife completely healthy was forced by her work to get the shot or loose her job .

She got the shot and two weeks later mysteriously died from blood clots.

The Doctor's say they can't explain it .

Bull shit !

They now tell people who have had the coof shots that they can No longer donate plasma or blood 

I know several people and had several family members who died from the Coof itself. 

But I also know several people who have died from the Coof Shots mysteriously ! 

No Thanks .

I will Not Comply !

I'm a Wolf Not a Sheep .

Baaaa baaaa baaa

The government said its OK ,

They will take care of me !

Baaà baaàa baaa 

Wake Up America !

This Government is Not our  Not Here to help us .

So Saith The Rooster 

PS .

I'm sure someone going to block my statement because that is how America works now .

You only have the freedom of speech if you say what they approval of or what the tell you your allowed to say !

Baaaa baaaa baaaa sheep follow 

Wolves hunt !

Wont hear any arguments from Me on that one., I could tell you where covid exactly started and that why patents on it years ago   , But most wont believe it because it wasnt told to them on CNN. But just a hint how did we know it came from bats right from the start ???  
 I do dearly love those that say "I am perfectly healthy and caught it ect, No diue you are not "Perfectly heathy " you are classified as obese  and 40 plus pounds overweight LOL , thats not healthy .

1 hour ago, Chicken Rustler, SASS #26680 said:

I have a question, maybe somebody can answer it without getting all emotional about which side you have to believe to be a sheeple. Is there anybody who thinks the death toll wouldn't have been higher if there was no shutdown and we kept going to work and other places like normal? Maybe the number of people highly likely to die would have been about a million no matter what we did, or maybe it would have been double that or even more? Has there ever been a serious study done about that?

When the Zombie Apocalypse first hit, "they" started out with the "Give us two weeks.." bit. Then came "Herd Immunity". That's about when Fauchi and his ilk started in, and the masking, "social distancing", and shutting down were pushed, and there was no more mention of Herd Immunity. 

I believe, and no, I don't have any credentials to back it up, just my opinion, that if we'd have been allowed to go about our lives like any other flu season, the aforementioned Herd Immunity would have saved a lot of lives and money. In a lot of ways, the economy still hasn't fully recovered from shutting down, and a lot of people seem to be getting sick because of the Vax that wouldn't have otherwise. 

I also notice that a lot of the "Get the Vax it will save mankind" types keep getting the Covid repeatedly, even after multiple Vaxxes, while people like me only got it twice, the second time because my wife, brought it home from work AFTER being forced to get vaxxed by her employer. 

I'm just going to say, like anything else political, follow the money.

In '21 I was fully vaccinated, the 2 part Phizer, plus boosters.  After every shot I was down for 2 days and felt like dog puke for 2 weeks.  Got the Fauci Flu in November of '21.  At one point, about 0400, after being up coughing and playing on my computer, I heard a THUD and found myself on the floor,  chair overturned, and bowels and bladder had loosened.  I didn't, and don't, remember falling over.  
So, the vaccine and boosters that initially we were told would PREVENT the Fauci Flu, and then were told, when it didn't do that that it was to lessen the symptoms, didn't do squat for me.  One upside - after my wife had it (likely picked up from me, and she was fully vaccinated), it seems to have sort of reset her hormones or something. Broke her depression, reset her apatit and she has lost over 50 pounds now.  

Then there is the political aspect of it. We saw political figures ignoring their own mandated protocols.  We saw "health care professionals" send a letter, I think to the DOJ, saying that political protests bordering on riot against police brutality, racism, and statues were safe and would not spread COVID, even though there were thousands and tens of thousands unmasked and shoulder to shoulder, and COVID should not be used as a reason to shut them down, but peaceful protests against lockdowns, against anti-2nd Amendment laws, would spread COVID like a wind-driven wildfire and would kill thousands and so should be shut down to prevent the spread.  Places like marijuana stores and nail salons were allowed to be open, but people attending church services in their cars, and masked IN THEIR CARS where threatened with arrest for violating quarantine .  People alone on the beach were arrested.  In Southern California an elderly couple was told that they couldn't sit in their chairs on the beach, but they could sit in the sand in the same spot.  Other such absurdities - couldn't hike into an isolated fishing spot, couldn't park by the beach and watch the sunset from inside your car.  

PLUS ONE for CREEKER - ABSOLUTELY

COVID near killed me also.  Spent last December in the VA Hospital ICU, lovely Christmas.  A year on and I am still not fully recovered and will probably never be 100% again.  Working on my second go-round of Pulmonary Rehab.  Suffered Lung damage, Heart damage, some Nerve damage and Kidney damage.  I was fully vaccinated.  I still believe in being fully vaccinated.

For those who wish to jump up on their Mild Crate and spout gibberish because they refuse to believe the science, Good On Ya.  the only place you will find sympathy is in your Funk & Waganalls.  Ignorance is bliss right until you get carried out inna bag.  Or Box. 

22 hours ago, Creeker, SASS #43022 said:

Covid kills

Influenza kills.  ~30,000 to ~90,000  per year.  Disproportionately among the elderly and very young. But we don't see the lockdowns, mandatory closure of "nonessential" businesses, effectively mandatory vaccination, forced closure of churches (and, when allowed to partially reopen, the State dictating how worship is to be conducted) every year for flu.

Yes, Covid serious, or it can be.  Almost killed me, I think. But it's definitely not as deadly as the fear mongers want us to believe. The mortality rate is only slightly higher than the rate for influenza.  

Given what I posted above as my experience with it, and what I've read in CDC and NIH literature, I'll not be getting any more shots for it. 

One mustn't forget that it was "the science" that created it.:angry:. My Oncologist wasn't amused after an immune system test after 4 full doses of Maderna vaccine, she discovered that I had no immunity to Covid and was worried about blood tests. Then had to take Evosheld shots where I had to be near a phone for an ambulance for 6 months after the shots due to sudden heart attacks being a major side affect. My upper arm is still sore from the Moderna. As stated above, it's your individual choice, but I know/knew more folks that died after vaccine than those that just ended up with a mild case with no vaccine. A month after my vaccine, I tested positive, but Paxlovid apparently worked. Never felt worse than a bad cold.

Archived