SASS Wire Forum

Never Forget 9/11/2001

Pat Riot

I remember when the school principal came on the newly announced loudspeakers to tell us Kennedy was shot and killed in Dallas.

I remember standing in my lab, staring in disbelief at the boom box atop the refrigerator-sized incubator.

Some things a man doesn't forget.

I'll never forget...nor will I forgive.

The Star and Stripes that I flew that day, continued to fly for exactly one year after and flies every year on 9/11, flies again today

May all the lives lost on 9/11/2001 and the many lives lost since, Rest in Peace.

:FlagAm:

It's sure sticks in my memory, everytime I look at a clock and it says 9:11, I stop and think for a second. Weird how that kind of thing sticks with you!:(

I spend time in contemplation and reflection on this day every year!

I’m certain that we could have set a more effective expectation of our response to attacks such as these!

I will never forget!

I believe that at least some of the footage of that horrible day should be the lead on every "news program" every day.

If video was available, same for another attack on our country by a backstabbing bunch of sneaky a$$hats.

Heavenly Father, grant those who perished a place in your kingdom, and those they left behind, your mercy and compassion to ease their pain.

Respectfully

:FlagAm:  :FlagAm:  :FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

17 hours ago, PowderRiverCowboy said:

Sadly Most have forgotten already,  Politics and theories aside . We were all Americans then, None of the BS going on now to divide us 

and Very few remember the "other" 9-11

RIP "Bub" 

attachment-Credit-Ryan-Zinke-Benghazi-Memorial.jpg

beng.PNG

benghazi-2.jpg

I just finished watching 13 hours.

A brave few can save so many.

May the >3000 souls lost on that day be honored and remembered.

F6CE595C-D891-421F-8D87-4C6B86470AE1.jpeg

I’m humbled by the efforts of my brother and sister firefighters.

PEARL HARBOR (Sept. 10, 2023) Boots of fallen service members, part of the Boot Memorial Hero & Remembrance Run, line a large field on Ford Island, Sept. 10, 2023. The Boot Memorial Hero & Remembrance Run honors the more than 8,000 service members who lost their lives in combat since September 11, 2001.

1000w_q95.webp

God our Father:
Grant rest to those who were killed. 

Grant healing and health care to all those who were injured and sickened. 

Grant foresight and true concern  to our civil authorities that they may serve with dignity, that we, in their tranquility, may lead a calm and peaceful life in all godliness and sanctity.

I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people. 1 Timothy 2:2 l. 

Lord have mercy.

FB_IMG_1694533726715.jpg.f558e7323a87206b440796899e3dfbd9.jpg

I'm not sure why, but I had a harder time yesterday than I have in recent years dealing with the memories and thoughts of that day. All these years later, and if I close my eyes and allow myself, I can drift back and recall everything vividly, and the pain, frustration and helpless anger come flooding back. No, I don't believe I am capable of forgetting.

Archived