SASS Wire Forum

$1,000,000,000.00

Cypress Sun

Spent $20.00!  Schoolmarm had a previous ticket worth $10.00 and we threw another ten bucks in with it!

I wish to thank all of you lottery ticket buyers for helping to put both of my kids through college.  It didn't pay everything but it paid a lot.  I've never bought a lottery ticket but I consider myself a winner.

6 minutes ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

I wish to thank all of you lottery ticket buyers for helping to put both of my kids through college.  It didn't pay everything but it paid a lot.  I've never bought a lottery ticket but I consider myself a winner.

And I consider myself a  willing donor to the education of every child the lottery helps. If I  win anything  that's a  bonus for me.

That'll buy some primers!

If I won that money…

I don’t know why I even bother fantasizing about it. I never win. Hell, I am lucky to get a free ticket once in a while. But, I keep buying them. I figure it goes to a good cause. 25% of it, anyway. 

I forgot but still got an hour before the drawing. Will I get up and go 5 minutes down the road to try a couple tickets???

Nah…,.

The best entertainment $2 can buy.  Dreaming of what you could do.

Bought 2 tickets. Got one number right.

For even more entertainment value, the day after someone wins, go buy a ticket with the winning numbers and ask someone to double-check them against the winning numbers.

See how long it takes for someone to notice the ticket is not for the right date.

There was 3 million dollar winners here in Ohio. They got 5 numbers but no Powerball!:huh:

23 minutes ago, John Kloehr said:

For even more entertainment value, the day after someone wins, go buy a ticket with the winning numbers and ask someone to double-check them against the winning numbers.

See how long it takes for someone to notice the ticket is not for the right date.

Around here a scanner checks it, no confusion ever.

1 hour ago, John Kloehr said:

My ex did that to me once. Gotta admit, she had me for a few seconds. 

There is fake scratch off tickets for sale. Every one of them is a winner in the $30K - $50K range. I gave three of them out once as "door prizes" at a cowboy match. One figured it out before scratching off the ticket. One scratched the ticket revealing a $50,000 fake prize and quietly stuck it in his wallet with no facial expression at all.  The other scratched his revealing a $30K fake prize. He became very animated and excited...until I suggested that he read the back. He was disappointed by thought it was funny. He said he'd get me back...he did, a year later.

18 hours ago, Eyesa Horg said:

I believe you can deduct the cost from winnings

If your right about that and I got lucky enough to win you can sure as hell bet I would rub the IRS’s nose in it by taking that 2$ Deductible !!!

2 hours ago, Big Sage, SASS #49891 Life said:

Gotta buy a ticket to win....I have NEVER bought a lottery ticket, so I won't win for sure. 

Yeah there was a guy in Mass who won a lottery prize and “rented” a huge pile of losing tickets to offset the winnings.  How do I know about it? He got caught.

Is this anything like the fella whose mule up and died on him so he raffled the mule.

The winner complained that the mule was dead so the fella gave the winner a refund for the one winning ticket .........   :mellow:

2 hours ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

About that “good cause”.

before they used the lotteries, the states and cities funded education out of taxes. Now they say “let the lotteries do it “ and waste the funds elsewhere.

In Ohio and I’m sure other states as well the lottery funds about 8.5% of the educational budget. 

3 hours ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

About that “good cause”.

before they used the lotteries, the states and cities funded education out of taxes. Now they say “let the lotteries do it “ and waste the funds elsewhere.

35 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

In Ohio and I’m sure other states as well the lottery funds about 8.5% of the educational budget. 

In Florida, the lotteries started out as a "supplement" for education. Now it's basically the only thing funding education.:angry:

6 minutes ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

Tonight’s Jackpot estimated as $1,200,000,000.

Too many zeros just say 1.2 billion!:P

Archived