Jump to content
SASS Wire Forum

UPS and USPS are horrible!


Rye Miles #13621
 Share

Recommended Posts

My package is on the way they said, it'll be there by Monday Dec6........NOPE not here.......Now they say it'll be there by Dec7 by 9:00pm, it's 9:30pm and not here. UPS says it's in the hands of USPS!!!

What a bunch of crap! I hate both of them. 

Why is UPS using USPS anyway???:angry:

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

To save money

Sadly you’re right!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

My package is on the way they said, it'll be there by Monday Dec6........NOPE not here.......Now they say it'll be there by Dec7 by 9:00pm, it's 9:30pm and not here. UPS says it's in the hands of USPS!!!

What a bunch of crap! I hate both of them. 

Why is UPS using USPS anyway???:angry:

I am waiting on a package that was picked up in LA...this does not mean it is at a USPS shipping center. (In the fine print)

It was 'collected' Nov 11th!!!

  • Sad 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

I am waiting on a package that was picked up in LA...this does not mean it is at a USPS shipping center. (In the fine print)

It was 'collected' Nov 11th!!!

Ridiculous!! It makes me feel like never ordering online again. I think I’ll go to a store from now on or Amazon because they at least they deliver they’re own stuff !

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You have a package with an address on it, and also a return address on it. 

It gets "lost"...so where does it go? Another dimension? The Twilight Zone? An alternate universe? The third Heaven? A blackhole?

It is ending up somewhere....so....where?   

 

It is a solid object, has mass, and weight, so where does it go, when it is "lost"??? Are that many things being stolen?  That is difficult to believe.

Some are stolen, I am sure, and some are mis-delivered, and never returned to the rightful owner...but this many?

 

 

 

 

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Ridiculous!! It makes me feel like never ordering online again. I think I’ll go to a store from now on or Amazon because they at least they deliver they’re own stuff !

My youngest girl does Amazon.

Had other issues with them...they all have issues.

Sigh

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Waxahachie Kid #17017 L said:

You have a package with an address on it, and also a return address on it. 

It gets "lost"...so where does it go? Another dimension? The Twilight Zone? An alternate universe? The third Heaven? A blackhole?

It is ending up somewhere....so....where?   

 

It is a solid object, has mass, and weight, so where does it go, when it is "lost"??? Are that many things being stolen?  That is difficult to believe.

Some are stolen, I am sure, and some are mis-delivered, and never returned to the rightful owner...but this many?

 

 

 

 

Look at the Fed Ex contract driver, dumping packages in the ravine.

With Covid...they can 'sign' for you, that it was delivered!!!

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

My youngest girl does Amazon.

Had other issues with them...they all have issues.

Sigh

I can honestly say I’ve never had a problem with Amazon but I don’t order that much from them! 
I don’t trust any of them anymore, from now on it’s the brick and mortar for me if at all possible!

Edited by Rye Miles #13621
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I guess I’d have to disagree. I’ve sent a couple of checks back to the east coast in the last few weeks and they both arrived in about 4 days. UPS has shipped a number of firearms for me over the same time period and they all arrived earlier than expected in some cases and on time on the others. All of them arrived in great shape. There is a private contractor to Amazon that insisted on leaving packages down by the gate on a busy road and once I made it clear to him that leaving packages down there was a bad idea he started bringing them up to the house. I shipped a pair of Ruger Old Armies to Pennsylvania via USPS a couple of weeks ago and they got there early too. Do UPS and USPS screw up sometimes? Yes, they all do, but how often do you sing their praises when they do a good job?

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Yul Lose said:

I guess I’d have to disagree. I’ve sent a couple of checks back to the east coast in the last few weeks and they both arrived in about 4 days. UPS has shipped a number of firearms for me over the same time period and they all arrived earlier than expected in some cases and on time on the others. All of them arrived in great shape. There is a private contractor to Amazon that insisted on leaving packages down by the gate on a busy road and once I made it clear to him that leaving packages down there was a bad idea he started bringing them up to the house. I shipped a pair of Ruger Old Armies to Pennsylvania via USPS a couple of weeks ago and they got there early too. Do UPS and USPS screw up sometimes? Yes, they all do, but how often do you sing their praises when they do a good job?

This is the third time UPS slugged off their delivery to USPS and the last time it took them two weeks to find the package!! As far as I’m concerned they’re both unreliable! They’re supposed to do a good job so no praises when they actually do what they’re getting paid for!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Interesting story, a Cowboy in South Carolina is shipping a long Gun and 2 pistols to my FFL in Oregon via UPS.  Yesterday, Monday, he packed and shipped them, long gun, $20.00, 7-10 days delivery. Pistols, $160.00, next day delivery.  18 hours later, Tuesday, the UPS driver delivers the pistol pkg. to him to verify the shipping address. :o   I may get it someday. :rolleyes:   Gotta love the people working (?) for the delivery services these days. My 2 bits.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think people would praise the delivery companies allot more if they wouldn't

 get it wrong more times than they got it right. I've had USPS and UPS route my package all around me even back and forth to the same hubs before arriving at my house. One UPS driver would always drop my packages off at the neighbors before me. 

What is it they say 1 screw up removes a thousand at a boys.

Edited by Slapshot
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

This is the third time UPS slugged off their delivery to USPS and the last time it took them two weeks to find the package!! As far as I’m concerned they’re both unreliable! They’re supposed to do a good job so no praises when they actually do what they’re getting paid for!

 

 ....... maybe it's cheaper to put a stamp on it than pay their own driver to drive allllllllll the way out to your place through rain, or snow, or gloom of night .......  :huh:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

For the third time in three years, an item I have bought from Amazon has been "lost in transit" en route to my grand children.  Granted, Amazon has made the loss good, but it seems if I buy electronics for gifts, they don't get delivered as intended.

 

Oh, did I mention...my grand kids live in WA state, a few miles from the Amazon warehouse the stuff is shipped from?  Yeah, it's not going cross country, just around the corner.

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Ridiculous!! It makes me feel like never ordering online again. I think I’ll go to a store from now on or Amazon because they at least they deliver they’re own stuff !

The last 3 pkgs I got from amazon came 2 days late by UPS

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On the flip side.....

 

My son ran his first marathon in Seattle last week.  As a "well done", I shipped two live lobsters from Maine and two filets to my son and his wife - by FedEx.  

Picked up - as scheduled.

Delivered next day to their high rise in Seattle - slightly ahead of schedule.

Lobsters - still wiggling.

Great job!

 

LL

Edited by Loophole LaRue, SASS #51438
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well it is the silly season. UPS, Fedex, etc have hired temporary delivery people to meet the demand. Untrained and they know its not a full time job.

Lots of videos out there showing the great  pride they take in throwing your packages. Leaving them at the end of the driveway etc. I once received a package with tire marks on it!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Waxahachie Kid #17017 L said:

You have a package with an address on it, and also a return address on it. 

It gets "lost"...so where does it go? Another dimension? The Twilight Zone? An alternate universe? The third Heaven? A blackhole?

It is ending up somewhere....so....where?   

 

A ditch in Alabama. (or did you see that news story?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

They all have issues yet they all do good jobs. Not sure what the key to having success  all the  time is with these people.

 

I was just bragging on Amazon the other day and saying how I have never had a problem then that night they delivered 3 boxes to the wrong address.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Loophole LaRue, SASS #51438 said:

On the flip side.....

 

My son ran his first marathon in Seattle last week.  As a "well done", I shipped two live lobsters from Maine and two filets to my son and his wife - by FedEx.  

Picked up - as scheduled.

Delivered next day to their high rise in Seattle - slightly ahead of schedule.

Lobsters - still wiggling.

Great job!

 

LL

Gonna go with this and give kudo's to our delivery people.

Not saying they are perfect (have had some problems in the past) but recently very good

Last five online orders.

Chey-Cast, order to delivery 3 days (over Thanksgiving), package pristine, USPS.

KMS Square, USPS flat rate small box 2 days order to delivery (Monday afternoon to Wednesday afternoon)

UniqueTek, order to delivery 2 days, package perfect in a flat rate USPS

Shutterfly, 6 cups for gifts with photo printing order on Sunday delivered today (wednesday) UPS box perfect

Dillon, order to delivery 3 days (over Thanksgiving) USPS package looked great.

Did NOT ask for or pay for expedited delivery on any of them.

Regards

:FlagAm:  :FlagAm:  :FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I was just bragging on Amazon the other day and saying how I have never had a problem then that night they delivered 3 boxes to the wrong address.

 

Once UPS delivered an M1911A1 I'd bought online with my C&R to my neighbor's house. Fortunately when they brought it over to me the package was still unopened, otherwise that'd have been a really awkward conversation.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

My package is on the way they said, it'll be there by Monday Dec6........NOPE not here.......Now they say it'll be there by Dec7 by 9:00pm, it's 9:30pm and not here. UPS says it's in the hands of USPS!!!

What a bunch of crap! I hate both of them. 

Why is UPS using USPS anyway???:angry:

 

Aside from the food store and an occasional stop at Lowes or Walmart I do almost all of my shopping online and I rarely have problems with USPS, UPS, FedEx or Amazon.

 

The kukri I ordered from the maker in Nepal took 2 weeks to make it, FedEx received it 4:22 pm on  11/15 in Kathmandu, Nepal and I got it here in central CT at 10:48 am on 11/17.

 

Maybe you're on their "naughty" list! :P

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

UPDATE: I got the package today 12/8……it was shipped from Illinois on 11/28 , I’m in Ohio :o

 

It was supposed to be 3-5 days. I guess I should just be glad I got it! ;)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wah, wah, wah.  I will admit I have whined about UPS and USPS too.  But, being realistic they handle billions of items per year and on-line shopping is increasing exponentially.  Most of the time you get a tracking number and can see your item's progress.  Once it gets close to my house I even get a map of where the truck is located.  We have the best delivery system in the world.  BUT like the snowflakes we have gotten to the point that if something does not meet our demands for instant gratification we whine.  Remember when you are crying about one item that has gotten delayed all the other stuff that came through without a problem.  P.S. if my Item does not get here on time I will whine even though I know I should not.:wacko:

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

Wah, wah, wah.  I will admit I have whined about UPS and USPS too.  But, being realistic they handle billions of items per year and on-line shopping is increasing exponentially.  Most of the time you get a tracking number and can see your item's progress.  Once it gets close to my house I even get a map of where the truck is located.  We have the best delivery system in the world.  BUT like the snowflakes we have gotten to the point that if something does not meet our demands for instant gratification we whine.  Remember when you are crying about one item that has gotten delayed all the other stuff that came through without a problem.  P.S. if my Item does not get here on time I will whine even though I know I should not.:wacko:

The reason I got my shorts in a wad is because this was a birthday present for someone special and it got here a day late. I should have known better!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.