SASS Wire Forum

Lets see some dogs

49 minutes ago, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

Awwww, what a cutie. She sure landed on all four paws coming to your home. :wub:

Does she have a name yet?

Pets must earn their name.  For the time being It's Joe.  The one she is replacing was a female named charlie so it kinda seemed right to give her a name that's usually for boys. 

It seems like Jojo or YoYo is going to be the one that sticks.  But we need to see more of her personality first. 

• Like 5

39 minutes ago, Ramblin Gambler said:

Pets must earn their name. 

We called our newest acquisition Buddy because we didn't know what else to say when trying to call him.

After having him for a month, we almost changed his name to Chet.  If you've ever watched Tim Allan's Santa Clause 2 - he acts about like that goofy reindeer.

• Like 3

I suppose it doesn't really matter, but still

Was it a present FROM the grandkids, or FOR the grandkids? Can't tell from "grandkids Christmas present".

Me personally, I love optical delusions.

I was looking at that poor little gray doggy trying to decide what was stuck through him.

The logo on the mat. He's standing in the perfect spot. It looks like he's been skewered.

Lazy morning on the st pete gulf coast, rainy and quiet... this killer doesnt wanna get off me. I tried and he growled. Guess Im working from my phone today

IMG_20210303_091045_395.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

NOT NOW!!!

89650E13-904B-4525-815B-5521DC357232.jpeg

and maybe not later, EITHER!!

Edited by Blackwater 53393
  • Like 4

Cold Lake, Those chihuahuas look like our Squeaker when I try to get him up to go out. He's a grumpy,arthritic, old man and he gets really nasty when I disturb him. Lucky for me he's now a gumby. He can pinch/gum me,but normal bite. Now the claws are another story. He likes to trim them himself if he can and it leads to some sharp edges. Gives me some free test areas for my sugar.:rolleyes::lol::angry::blush:

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

Our Jezebel, (the BOOBIE) will sometimes play a game that I call "The bed is MINE!"  She jumps up in the middle of the bed and playfully nips and paws at us when we try to get on the bed or reach to pet her!! I'll grab her tail or one of her paws and she'll growl and pounce at me and if Schoolmarm tries to get close, she'll snort and paw at her!  Only lasts about a minute and then she's ready to be petted and snuggle up.   

Every once in a while, she will scratch me if her claws haven't been trimmed. When it's all over, she nuzzels and examines the scratches and acts totally remorseful.  My old hide is like shoe leather and the scratches are seldom deep enough to actually draw blood, but she really checks 'em over when the game is done!! 

• Like 3

It’s been over a month, but the wound is still fresh and raw. We had to put down 1 of our dogs (unrecoverable heart issue).

True to form, Tucker remained silly and smiling till the end. 
pics of his last day. 

68ED2266-8635-4567-BAC4-E51BB95C056D.jpeg

1FBD290C-AAA9-4826-942C-90178C4C5743.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Sad 10

See if I can make this work.......https://www.facebook.com/murphy013/posts/10157471321381330

Turn on speakers (softly :P)

Edited by Capt. James H. Callahan
  • Haha 3

Corrected the image.

00fe131fe698587507b97961fec2317d.jpg

Edited by Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 3/5/2021 at 2:25 PM, Cottonmouth Mark said:

It’s been over a month, but the wound is still fresh and raw. We had to put down 1 of our dogs (unrecoverable heart issue).

True to form, Tucker remained silly and smiling till the end. 
pics of his last day. 

68ED2266-8635-4567-BAC4-E51BB95C056D.jpeg

1FBD290C-AAA9-4826-942C-90178C4C5743.jpeg

22 years In private practice as a pet veterinarian; in my experience most folks wait too long, allowing their pet to suffer needlessly.  Thank you for having the courage to give Tucker the easy way out.

• Thanks 4

2 hours ago, Injun Ryder, SASS #36201L said:

Been hanging around with Charlie?

image.png.618bcb48144fdc5affe9e805c90a1448.png

Called away when I was posting and forgot where I was.

My Bad.

Please don't beat on me now more, Boss.

I'll try to do better!

00fe131fe698587507b97961fec2317d.jpg

Edited by Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474

On 3/5/2021 at 7:32 PM, Perro Del Diablo said:

That's easy you are last in line :lol:

Thanks for pointing that out...I had almost forgotten.

• Haha 1