SASS Wire Forum

Arguments on the Wire

Abilene Slim SASS 81783

Schoolmarm watches that show. If I watch it, I find myself wanting to slap the weewee out of the Sheldon character at least a half dozen times an episode!! :rolleyes: <_<

1 minute ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

Schoolmarm watches that show. If I watch it, I find myself wanting to slap the weewee out of the Sheldon character at least a half dozen times an episode!! :rolleyes: <_<

You and I both. I do not watch it either.

2 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Over the last year, l’ve spent many many hours in a chair watching shows that I hate because I wouldn’t monopolize the TV, but I wasn’t able to easily go into another room.  I DID learn to nap a half hour at a time!!

Schoolmarm watched some stuff she wouldn’t normally watch too, but mostly would just go into the other room and watch the other TV.

22 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

TV - Boy am I glad I live so far out of town I don't get any signals.........  And I don't have cable either.  :D

I would argue that BBT isn't so much about geniuses as about geeks who happen to be collage professors...

Because under the pretense of being geeks, a number of those conversations are spot on.

Hear me out before you start looking for a rope, but I like the show. That, in part, is because had a co-worker that was very Sheldon-like. He was very Spock-like, too and he freely admitted it.

The other reason is that one night we were eating at a Village Inn next to a college in our town. Four students ( boys, of course ) came in and sat behind us. They were talking about comic books, Star Trek, and gravity in space. Almost choked several times trying not to laugh out loud.

57 minutes ago, Marshal Chance Morgun said:

Hear me out before you start looking for a rope, but I like the show. That, in part, is because had a co-worker that was very Sheldon-like. He was very Spock-like, too and he freely admitted it.

The other reason is that one night we were eating at a Village Inn next to a college in our town. Four students ( boys, of course ) came in and sat behind us. They were talking about comic books, Star Trek, and gravity in space. Almost choked several times trying not to laugh out loud.

I suppose we'll hang together. Beats hanging separately, or something like that. But I won't go down without a fight.

Anyone who has spent considerable time dealing with high-functioning autistics, particularly what is commonly referred to as Asperger Syndrome (at least prior to the latest DSM), would recognize plenty of Sheldon's mannerisms right off. I know several people with Asperger, including my daughter. She is wicked intelligent, far more so than I ever dreamed of being, but social skills, reading people, and seeing things in other than black and white is a challenge.

Add the "geekdom" and I see in the characters a number of people I know, both growing up, and friends of my daughters.

Yep, I like the show, and will be sorry to see it end, but I think twelve seasons is more than enough for any sitcom.

1 hour ago, Marshal Chance Morgun said:

I just wish they’d lose the laugh track.

Unless the wife is watching something (which is thankfully rare) I pretty much refuse to watch network shows of any kind. Never seen this show and would just as soon keep it that way.

JHC

11 hours ago, Capt. James H. Callahan said:

Unless the wife is watching something (which is thankfully rare) I pretty much refuse to watch network shows of any kind. Never seen this show and would just as soon keep it that way.

JHC

Ditto. I don't even know what the show is that they're talking about. :wacko:

Archived